Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Dropping Benteke is fair enough given his current form and putting Cissokho back in was obvious but dropping Sanchez and keeping Cleverley? What the **** is wrong with Lambert.

There's got to be something in his contract about playing every week - that's the only explanation.

• Like 1

Don't mind the changes at all, except for Cleverley. How has he kept a starting place? All I can think is because of how poor Sanchez was last week, but why drop him and not others for one bad game?

Edited by a m ole

Why was cissohko dropped last week? It's amazing how Cleverley hasn't been dropped. Westwood Vlaar benteke cissohko all benched this season but Cleverley is not. We must have been at panic stations to agree terms with a must play if fit clause. Can only hope he gets injure.. Which is terrible.

Dropping Benteke is fair enough given his current form and putting Cissokho back in was obvious but dropping Sanchez and keeping Cleverley? What the **** is wrong with Lambert.

There's got to be something in his contract about playing every week - that's the only explanation.

It really is difficult to understand Lambert's faith in him. I guess you could say about Cleverly that he works hard and makes relatively few mistakes. But there is absolutely no end product at all and he's not able to dominate a game in the way, say, Sanchez is able to on his day. Very strange that Cleverly starts every game and seems undroppable.

Brave and correct decision with Benteke - should have been done weeks ago. He wasn't just missing chances, he wasn't putting the effort in.

Cleverly on the other hand....words fail me. How someone can be brave enough to drop Benteke, who despite being crap for over a year is still regarded as our best player, and keep a player who gives nothing to the team in it - I can't work it out. Having said that, I'm not suprised - Cleverly is to Lambert what Lambert is to Lerner. There just has to be a clause in the contract. 

I bet Sinclair wishes he had it in his! From sitting on the City bench to sitting on our bench. Would have been a better choice than Agbonlahor in there.

There was me thinking a manager should find a way to get the best out of his best players.

If he's not putting in the effort - then how do you do it? I'm no Lambert fan, but Benteke hasn't been interested for a long time now. 

• Like 2