Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

The pre game build up And as usual I'm all excited and think we can win, then 10 mins before kick off I start to shit myself and think we're going to get spanked. Anyway, I've changed my mind about the team id play. Pace pace pace. As much as we can get in

Guzan

Hutton okore vlaar cisshoko

Westwood delph

Agbonlahor Gil Sinclair

Big Ben

Defend for our lives and fly St them on the break. Essentially what we're best at

Edited by cosofsaunders

Hi everybody, first time post and all that.

I reckon Silence of the Lambert will play 5 at the back and hope for a goalless draw, then -to the surprise of very few- we will concede late on to either an ivanovic header or a cissoko own goal. Post match Lambert will say that they couldn't get through us for 90+7 minutes and he couldn't fault the lads for giving 110%.

• Like 3

It's time for Lambert to show some tactical ability.

Keep Hazard out of the game and exploit the space behind John Terry.

Also we need a few goals from set pieces.

Can he do it. Or will it be the same rubbish as usual- passing the ball round in circles without direction.

^^^ To be honest I'd be pretty happy with that.

I find those kind of results even more depressing than the defeats where we just get battered and lose 3-0

Not me.

If we get battered 3-0 then we've played in a way that is totally wrong. We've not given ourselves a chance with how we've set up and we may as well not have bothered.

If we've battled for 90 minutes and kept it to 0-0 and lost wiht a last minute goal then we must have played well.

I'd much rather Lambert set us up to grind out a 0-0 against CHelsea than set us up to go all out and get battered 5-0 like against Arsenal.

I know people want to just see us attack. But I want to see us get results, and against a team like Chelsea, if that means parking the bus then so be it.

I'd rather park the bus and get a 0-0 than try and attack them and get hammered.

• Like 1

Defend for our lives and fly St them on the break. Essentially what we're best at

Lambert seems to have abandoned this strategy. It's passing for the sake of passing now with a high line in defence.

That's what I'd do, not saying it's what lambert will do

I find those kind of results even more depressing than the defeats where we just get battered and lose 3-0

Not me.

If we get battered 3-0 then we've played in a way that is totally wrong. We've not given ourselves a chance with how we've set up and we may as well not have bothered.

If we've battled for 90 minutes and kept it to 0-0 and lost wiht a last minute goal then we must have played well.

I'd much rather Lambert set us up to grind out a 0-0 against CHelsea than set us up to go all out and get battered 5-0 like against Arsenal.

I know people want to just see us attack. But I want to see us get results, and against a team like Chelsea, if that means parking the bus then so be it.

I'd rather park the bus and get a 0-0 than try and attack them and get hammered.

Yeah that's a fair point and I do agree with you on preferring results to attacking intent but I dont think parking the bus will be enough against the likes of Hazard and Oscar who can create more than Heston Blumenthal. There is going to need to be at least some goal scoring threat from us or it will be game over after they score their inevitable first. It's not gonna be helped by Guzan most likely being in low spirits after last weekends spit roast either...

Not me.

Yeah that's a fair point and I do agree with you on preferring results to attacking intent but I dont think parking the bus will be enough against the likes of Hazard and Oscar who can create more than Heston Blumenthal. There is going to need to be at least some goal scoring threat from us or it will be game over after they score their inevitable first. It's not gonna be helped by Guzan most likely being in low spirits after last weekends spit roast either...

All that being said, I've found myself going into the last 2 games merely thinking "I hope we at least score" :D

• Like 1

Guzan

Hutton Okore          Clark Sissokho

Sinclair Cleverley Sanchez Delph Gabby

Wiemann

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

We need to score and looking further than just match we need a system of play to stick with until the end of the season. So for me Sinclair has to start and let him play until he drops this also means getting Gil on the ball as much as possible so I'd play him centrally either in a 3 or off of the striker. To stay up we also need Benteke scoring and as many leaders on the pitch as possible so my team would be

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Cissokho

Delph Sanchez

Weimann Gil Sinclair

Benteke

It's harsh on Clark but Okore has better pace and Vlaar if fit will instill more confidence. I've no idea why Cissokho was dropped as he's ben solid defensively so he deserves to come back in. That's my team I doubt Lambert will go with it though and expect changes every game as he hasn't a clue what his best team or formation is but for me he needs to pick one and stick with it for a bit!

Edited by dn1982