Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

6-0 Chelsea. And that's being optimistic

Agree, think we'll get absolutely mullered. Just not going to bother watching it.
It wont be 6-0, not Mourinho's style to go for the big wins, if they go 3-0 up they will close the game down.

Better hope so! Oh, and great news guys, Fabregas has been passed fit to play. 

Good Morning Sports Fans! 

Please say a prayer this morning, Its about to get messy! 

**** Lambert, **** Fox, **** Lerner, Just get behind the men on the ground today when the metal meets the meat!

The start of a new era at Aston Villa. 7th february 2015. Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 1. Villa to go on a winning streak. Benteke and Gil to score.

I'm not even drunk.

Maybe it's a drug problem .

Or maybe the men sending rays across the Atlantic are messing your brain - put some tin foil on, quick!
A sub - conciuos pun , the plot thickens .

Score Prediction: Aston Villa 0 Chelsea 1,2,3 or 4 goals.

Would like to see some changes to the starting 11 and formation.

Let;s please introduce width into the team and supply our strikers with more chances. If we're going to go down then let's go down trying to attack teams and have some entertainment.

And drop Tom Cleverley!

Sad to say that I really don't think the tide will turn for us today. I can only see defeat but, without Costa, I don't see a hammering of Arsenal proportions. So, for me personally, I'd say a 3-0 defeat is on the cards today. I reckon one of their defenders will score from a set piece and then the other two from us being hit on the break ala Arsenal. Probably Ramires and Hazard.

People thinking no Costa and no Fabregas will help probably thought the same of Sanchez for Arsenal.

Must help tho? It must be easier without those? These teams or squads are better than un. It's about who performed better i the day. U need to earn the right to win.

Eh, Fabregas is fit for today.

0-3.

I was thinking though, as much as winning today would be fantastic we'd probably only follow it with our annual horrendous run after a great victory under Lambert and with us playing Hull and WBA soon that's not a good idea.

Remember last year after beating Chelsea the team simply gave up.

Seriously need to sit deep for this. Invite pressure and hoof long to benteke with gabby chasing knock downs.

It's like in top gun where he slows down to get them closer then hits the brakes and they fly right by.

Seriously need to sit deep for this. Invite pressure and hoof long to benteke with gabby chasing knock downs.

It's like in top gun where he slows down to get them closer then hits the brakes and they fly right by.

With Kelly McGillis as Lambert?

I have changed my mind and hope to see a wide 5 of:

Westwood Sanchez

Gil Delph Sinclair

With whichever of our forwards has been the least lazy in training this week - probably Weimann.

I would swap one of Westwood/Sanchez for another striker as I just don't see enough goals in the team otherwise. Apart from that - I agree.