Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

It seems strange that Man Utd would insist on such a clause as Cleverly has no future there anyway. I really think Lambert simply rates Cleverly and wants him to start games. Which is frustrating.

I'm ok with that lineup.

I like that Benteke has been dropped.

And dropping Sanchez is odd but he WAS terrible against Arsenal. Hopefully this will send the message that performances like that aren't acceptable.

Cleverley is crap, but if Sanchez is being dropped then he has to play as Westwood will be DM

Westwood is a safer DM option, won't make the mistakes that Sanchez makes. Hopefully the potential yield in playing Sanchez is greater.

Probably the right decision on balance.

Cleverley though.

:bang:

I'd have rather seen Sinclair start wide with Gabby dropped.

I hope it's Weimann being played through the middle and not gabby

Westwood is a safer DM option, won't make the mistakes that Sanchez makes. Hopefully the potential yield in playing Sanchez is greater.

Probably the right decision on balance.

Cleverley though.

:bang:

Cleverley has to play if Sanchez is dropped though really.

Delph, Cleverley and Westwood are probably the best midfield 3 if there's no Sanchez and Gil is wide

Cannot believe he has the stones to drop Benteke. Certainly makes you wonder why Cleverley keeps being trotted out. 

If Sanchez hadn't been shite last week I'm sure Cleverley wouldn't be playing today

• Like 1

Happy with that to be honest. Sanchez worst games for us have been against the big sides. Benteke needs s kick up the arde. Plenty of pace and work rate in there. Keep it as tight as possible and bring on the beast after an hour all angry and dying to kick john terry in the head

• Like 1

**** off Cleverley, so **** sick of seeing his name now. Sanchez dropped for a poor game? Well Cleverley has been shit in every one of his games. There is some sort of agreement here definitely, it may not be a clause but something is definitely going on, not even Lambert would play him every week if he didn't have to.

Hate to go off on one player and our problems are much deeper than just him but i've had enough of Cleverley being the first name on the teamsheet every week.

Sanchez was awful last week, but he's still the most involved player we possess. For that, I don't believe he should have been dropped. Benteke may as well have a rest because he still won't see much service.

Oh, and Richardsons just shit.

Should Sinclair have started though....hmm?