Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I'd rather give Sanchez another chance after one awful game than play Cleverley who had contributed so little over so many games.

But hey, if anyone's due a good game I guess it's Tom Cleverley. Here's hoping he proves me wrong.

The talk of a clause in Cleverly's contract makes no sense. He isn't going back to man utd, why would they care if he plays.

Maybe his agent insisted on it?

This is partial correct, Utd & His advisors had it implemented into his deal that went way-way-way into Fergi time.

I am not intimately familiar with the premier league, but i would downright shocked if any manager in any sport would ever agree to a clause that guarantees that a player plays. It would be beyond idiotic for countless reasons and would total undermine the authority of any manager.

Edited by tyklip

Sanchez shouldn't be dropped though, he would do a much better job than Cleverley in the same position.

Anyone deserves to be dropped after that horror show vs Arsenal.

True, but when that means leaving someone as ineffective as Cleverley on the pitch, I think exceptions should be made.

Edited by packoman

I am not intimately familiar with the premier league, but i would downright shocked if any manager in any sport would ever agree to a clause that guarantees that a player plays. It would be beyond idiotic for countless reasons and would total undermine the authority of any manager.

Happens when you think your getting a great player who probably won't be dropped anyway

Sanchez shouldn't be dropped though, he would do a much better job than Cleverley in the same position.

Anyone deserves to be dropped after that horror show vs Arsenal.

True, but when that means leaving someone as ineffective as Cleverley on the pitch, I think exceptions should be made.

I;d rather have neat and tidy but uninspiring over passing the ball to the opposition every time he gets the ball.

So then....

What time will Chelsea score first?
What time will we make our first substitution?

Which Villa player will be sent off today?
Will we actually score a goal?

I'm going for:
13 minutes, 76 minutes, Hutton, and No.

• Like 2

can't complain with the changes really, Benteke has been shite, so has Sanchez, Cleverley was not as bad as either by a long shot, so more deserving of retaining a place than those two. And Richardson was total shite. Glad that the changes have been made, bold but important really.

• Like 3

Happens when you think your getting a great player who probably won't be dropped anyway

Can you give an example where this has happened? Genuine curiosity.

i can understand the 3 changes over last 2 games Cleverley i`m afraid has been better than sanchez, bentekke not interested and cissohko in too is a good call.

the cleverley hate band wagon will roll on though.

If he wheres a villa shirt then he will get my full backing not my hate

Tom **** Cleverley.

Benteke has been useless, but at the same time I'm not sure Gabby can create something out of nothing as Benteke has time and again in the past (against Palace and Man U most recently).

Would like to see him brought on and hopefully see some of the old hunger!

"Aston Villa pulled off the impossible. A stunning 12-0 win against the leaders of the English Premier League. The Bull Ring launches off into space out of sheer willpower and Mourinho resigns from football having been quoted 'That's simply transcendental and beyond mortal abilities. A new game is born.' Lambert pulls the skin off of his face and is revealed to be Higher Being and that Aston Villa has been chosen as the masters of the universe." ...and then I woke up. UP THE VILLA!

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1