Carles Gil

bose

16 minutes ago, TB said:

If any headline on Birmingham Evening Mail in general is the headline of a well-researched, professionally sound article with no anti-Villa bias whatsoever and not merely click-bait - well then: yes.

True. If meaning evil report this he has probably been offering to stay and extend his contract for 2 years whilst reducing is wages to £2000 per year. 

2 hours ago, TB said:

If any headline on Birmingham Evening Mail in general is the headline of a well-researched, professionally sound article with no anti-Villa bias whatsoever and not merely click-bait - well then: yes.

At the start of June his agent said "His intention is not to play in the Championship"

I think they did their research just fine. Obviously the Gil adulation has made it difficult for you to see the truth. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

True. If meaning evil report this he has probably been offering to stay and extend his contract for 2 years whilst reducing is wages to £2000 per year. 

They were correct. 

On 20. Juli 2016 at 22:31, rodders0223 said:

Couldn't run, beat a man, had no right foot, didn't create, had a piss weak shot and was easily pushed off the ball and outfought...but hey, he was Spanish and left footed.

Utter crap.

A concise and to the point assessment.

Respect

On 7/20/2016 at 22:31, rodders0223 said:

Couldn't run, beat a man, had no right foot, didn't create, had a piss weak shot and was easily pushed off the ball and outfought...but hey, he was Spanish and left footed.

Utter crap.

Sounds a bit like a left footed Spanish version of Westwood.

Maybe he also kept the team ticking?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Yes he does.

He has a tremendous amount of skill and creativity. He's dynamic, quick thinking, forward thinking, has excellent vision and can score.

He has never been given an extended run in the number 10 position and we have lacked quality in midfield and attack to allow him to develop in that role.

I don't think he lacks physicality for a number 10. With a more physical and attacking midfield and capable strikers he would flourish. If physicality were an issue it's something that can be worked on but  is certainly not a good enough reason for letting him go considering his overall quality.

Wow.

If he doesn't want to be here he can **** off. Anyone else to for that matter. We need players that want to be here. I still rate him though. 

Still would prefer we got rid of the other 6-7 wasters as well 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KSV said:

If he doesn't want to be here he can **** off. Anyone else to for that matter. We need players that want to be here. I still rate him though. 

Still would prefer we got rid of the other 6-7 wasters as well 

Most, if not all, of our players would leave if they got a better offer from a better club.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Most, if not all, of our players would leave if they got a better offer from a better club.

Yeah no doubt.. and if they want to go.. good riddance

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Most, if not all footballers in the world would leave if they got a better offer from a better club.

Sometimes, even the better club bit is overlooked.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

At the start of June his agent said "His intention is not to play in the Championship"

I think they did their research just fine. Obviously the Gil adulation has made it difficult for you to see the truth. 

I don't think any player has the intention of playing in the Championship.

Not really too sure what fans expect from these guys.

(Plus, agents will always try to get the best deal for their client...)

• Like 1

It's not as if Gil has really had a great time at Villa really is it? He's spent so much time on the bench. I'm sure he just feels like it's time to move on. Which I agree with.

I don't take it as a personal insult against the club. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think I have ever seen any of this from him other than the odd good goal.

Every time he gets the ball he lays it off instantly to a very safe option. He never took risks, he never used his "excellent vision" and was anything but forward thinking imo. 

A player like Grealish will get the ball in spaces and turn to try and make something happen. Gil did not do this, he kept coming deep to just lay it off back to Westwood or whoever.

I appreciate there's an argument stating that if players in front of you don't pick up space then there's little chance to create something, but I didn't even see that intent from Gil when he did receive the ball.

He has been playing out of position and forced to play much deeper than he would probably like because we were set up so negatively, had no presence in midfield and no capable strikers. 

In a more positive, proactive set up with our best players in their best positions he could focus on being the link between midfield and attack and you would see a lot more of the Leciester form and the form he showed when he first arrived and less of what we saw for parts of last season.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I don't think any player has the intention of playing in the Championship.

Not really too sure what fans expect from these guys.

(Plus, agents will always try to get the best deal for their client...)

I expect players that have got us into this mess to be willing to try to get us out of it rather than to look to jump ship at the earliest possible opportunity.

I accept that very few players today and even less agents would understand that or care enough about a football club to want to stick around and try to do it.   

He's a decent player who has perhaps not been deployed in his best position for a lot of his time here. But that said he doesn't really have the physical qualities for English football. It's shame because I thought he was terrific in his debut against Liverpool but has not reached that level since.

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

That would be a good comparison if Bannan had about 2 or 3 times the ability and potential he currently has.

The word Spanish would suggest that he has 2 or 3 times more ability and potential. 

Â