New manager

reykjavik

Klinsman would be exciting. Having said that, I thought the same about Lambert.

Hoddle, similar to most, would be at the very bottom of my list. But it needs to be a quick appointment, and whoever it is, they can't do worse than not scoring goals and not winning games. Similar - but not worse.

You know what would excite me the most? BFR, Brian Little and Graham Taylor all with equal say and a couple of decent coaches for day to day coaching.

It might be a car crash, but what a car crash it would be to watch.

Taylor is 70 now and I don't think Little would want the stress. 

the gold cup is in USA this year, cant see klinsmann giving that up

also copa america next year is probably even bigger

Never underestimate the lure, craving of day to day coaching and the Premier league. I have no doubt Klinsmann will want to try his hand one day here. No doubt. He even admitted he fell truly in love with English football when Inter played Villa. He said something along the lines of standing in an empty Villa Park on the Holte End looking out and getting goose pimples, then hearing and feeling that roar from the Holte during the game and how the Inter players were rocked by it. How it made him realise he wanted to experience playing in England. Dennis Bergkamp said something similar if I can remember. On a non topic thing, is it Frank or Ronald de Boer who supports us thanks for being in the crowd at Rotterdam? I used have a link to a quote but can't bloody find it.
  • Like 1

Collymore is on BT Sport right now, he just questioned Tom Fox's football knowledge due to a possible "knee-jerk decision" in hiring Sherwood. Hmm.

Saw that. Sounds like he wants someone like Big Sam.. which I have to say isn't the worst shout in the world.

http://nolanpartners.co.uk/current-roles/

Apply@nolanpartners.co.uk

Might put an application in

Whadafuq
Director of Football Operations – Aston Villa Football Club
No, not aka manager. We're looking for one of those as well.

See Guardian article I posted at about 2-3pm

It was more of a joke that a director of football is pretty much a manager.

Collymore is on BT Sport right now, he just questioned Tom Fox's football knowledge due to a possible "knee-jerk decision" in hiring Sherwood. Hmm.

Says the man who endorsed the McLeish appointment and backed him to the hilt.

I'm hoping it's a Wenger style coach from the continent to pick up the torch from Lambert. But you've got to wonder what Sherwood's being doing at Villa Park recently, it can't be for nothing, Don't think he's been seen at any other grounds.

What I found odd about the comment was his passion towards the "Sherwood appointment", which hasn't actually happened, or at least we've not been told that yet.

For the millionth time, people understand how talksport works right? How they make their money?

• Like 1