New manager

reykjavik

There's more people moaning about people suggesting Klopp than there is people actually suggesting Klopp as the next Manager which shouldn't be hard because I haven't actually seen anyone suggest Klopp.

I think our next manager should be Klopp

His brother Klippity is available!!

• Like 4

Can someone explain why Neil Lennon is a terrible choice? I am not being coy here; I genuinely don't understand the revulsion among certain VTers. He seems like he has a very strong record and has played on the big stage. There was one post about 60,000 pages ago where someone called him something along the lines of "the worst human being in the universe" or something equally subtle.

a. he is an asshole

b. he is as defensive as McLeish

c. he is an asshole

d. he is a disciple of MON similar to Lambert

e. he came 2nd in the scottish league 

I appreciate this funny response, but A and C could be applied to probably one of every three great managers, right? And being defensive in terms of personality or playing style? Don't know enough about MON to know much about D but I appreciate. Not sure I understand E. I see this and it looks pretty good.

Jaysus folks! I posted the Klopp thing this morning firmly tongue in cheek. Granted it'd be great but I was having a laugh.

Glad to see it sparked some debate ;-)

But....TBAR'S admin has been saying for over 18months that Kloop will be our new manager when Lambert has been sacked ;) :D

Edited by Villan4Life

There's more people moaning about people suggesting Klopp than there is people actually suggesting Klopp as the next Manager which shouldn't be hard because I haven't actually seen anyone suggest Klopp.

His brother Klippity is available!!
Just spurted my cup of tea all over the budgie. Brill. That's lightened the mood. Best post so far BY FAR.!!
  • Like 1

if going complete left wing I was impressed by Jorge Luis Pinto at World Cup but doubt he even a candidate

Another one from the World Cup is Jorge Sampaoli. He's done great with Chile and likes to attack, I' love him at Villa.

Though he probably won't be considered either.

Edited by packoman
  • Like 2

He'd be an excellent choice, get the crowd buzzing and lift the whole atmosphere of the place to give us that short-term boost we need to stay up and in the long-term he'd implement a lasting legacy and I'm sure we'd come with the highest recommendation from his old Nightschool pal Lambert.

That chap Lionel Messi would be an excellent signing in the summer as well.

He would, but I find your comment a bit random.

Not really - we're talking about things we'd like but are never going to happen.

Alright then your comment isn't random, but when I made my comment on Klopp it wasn't informed by any notions of Klopp coming here or not coming here, just saying that I think he'd be a good manager in reply to Smetrov's post.

I'd love Southgate here, intelligent and articulate guy,  did a pretty decent job at Boro initially despite being inexperienced. He's still well-regarded with the fans here which would give the club a lift. Whether he'd leave the England U21 job for Villa, I'm not so sure.

Would make sense if we are looking long-term and serious about utilising our academy products.

Can someone explain why Neil Lennon is a terrible choice? I am not being coy here; I genuinely don't understand the revulsion among certain VTers. He seems like he has a very strong record and has played on the big stage. There was one post about 60,000 pages ago where someone called him something along the lines of "the worst human being in the universe" or something equally subtle.

a. he is an asshole

b. he is as defensive as McLeish

c. he is an asshole

d. he is a disciple of MON similar to Lambert

e. he came 2nd in the scottish league 

I appreciate this funny response, but A and C could be applied to probably one of every three great managers, right? And being defensive in terms of personality or playing style? Don't know enough about MON to know much about D but I appreciate. Not sure I understand E. I see this and it looks pretty good.

Three titles in a row is good, but then again it was with Celtic. The gulf in quality between them and the rest of that league means literally anyone could manage them and still win the league, it would be considered a monumental **** up to not win the SPL with Celtic. Winning the Championship is probably a bigger badge of honour than a Celtic SPL win, if he'd won it once with any other team bar Rangers, then it'd be a different story.

• Like 1

The squad of players we have are fundamentally good. We just need to find a style pf play where we create goal scoring opportunities. It's the lack of action in the final third which is going to be the priority for anyone coming in. We now have to grind out points away from home and start scoring goals at Villa Park. If we can get this sorted the blood will start coarsing through the player's veins. 

I personally think if you're going to sack someone then should replace them with somebody better, I know... it's a crazy thought. So Southgate shouldn't be considered, he's easily worse than Lambert.

Not really how it works though, getting a "worse" manager won't necessarily be the wrong move.

Look at Sunderland a few seasons ago, is Di Canio a better manager than MON? Personally, I'd say no, but Di Canio provided the right momentum and drive at the right time to keep them up. If Southgate was appointed for instance, and he kept us up he'd be the right choice, irregardless of his managerial ability compared to Lambert.

• Like 1

I am hearing a rumour gathering momentum that Neil Lennon is in the running for the job. I will 100% end my lifelong over 40 years) love for Villa if that happens. I will refuse to watch, listen or have any association with the club if he gets the job. I urge all passionate Villa fans to voice their concern at Lennon even being considered an option. I could take no enjoyment with us progressing under his leadership and the club will be dead to me.

• Like 1