New manager

reykjavik

When Southampton lost Pochettino in the summer they didn't cry about it and open the yellow pages looking for an out of work british manager, they opened their eyes to build on the Pochettino 18 months and went and got a proven european pedigree manager in Koeman.

Saw an article on saints and they have this huge computer database on managers , players and how they would fit their club

Saints have already identified Koemans successor and probably that persons successor as well

Interesting insight and worth googling the article on yahoo

Edited by tonyh29

I see that CIty and Man Utd are meant to be eyeing the Real Madrid Manager, we should be sorted by the time that particular merry go round starts though.

Whadafuq

Say United get Ancelotti that leaves Van Gaal needing a job, we might not get him ourselves but might get the guy who he replaces at some European club perhaps. That's what I meant by merry-go-round. Despite people making jokes about lack of Premier League experience I do have a feeling that we're going to pull a big name out the hat, my guess is Klinsmann. Either that or someone from leftfield.

Oooookaaayy, must just be me then that doesn't see a fantasy future hypothesis as having any bearing on our search for a manager, I think you're fishing in the wrong pool dude

When Southampton lost Pochettino in the summer they didn't cry about it and open the yellow pages looking for an out of work british manager, they opened their eyes to build on the Pochettino 18 months and went and got a proven european pedigree manager in Koeman.

Saw an article on saints and they have this huge computer database on managers , players and how they would fit their club

Saints have already identified Koemans successor and probably that persons successor as well

Football Manager eh?

I see that CIty and Man Utd are meant to be eyeing the Real Madrid Manager, we should be sorted by the time that particular merry go round starts though.

Whadafuq

Say United get Ancelotti that leaves Van Gaal needing a job, we might not get him ourselves but might get the guy who he replaces at some European club perhaps. That's what I meant by merry-go-round. Despite people making jokes about lack of Premier League experience I do have a feeling that we're going to pull a big name out the hat, my guess is Klinsmann. Either that or someone from leftfield.

Oooookaaayy, must just be me then that doesn't see a fantasy future hypothesis as having any bearing on our search for a manager, I think you're fishing in the wrong pool dude

It's only football so just a bit of harmless fun so if things don't go as I think then no harm done to me. But I do think we really could be getting a big name, you don't get rid of Lambert for just anyone.

Whadafuq

It's only football so just a bit of harmless fun so if things don't go as I think then no harm done to me. But I do think we really could be getting a big name, you don't get rid of Lambert for just anyone.

Think the biggest name would be Laudrup  - any name bigger than that isn't feasible IMO

Football Manager eh?

:)

Kind of ... Tbh when you read about their system I think they put GCHQ to shame with their survalince

Who is the most popular guy we could feasibly get ?

Big Sam ?

Popular until we actually see him take over. He did remarkably well in the transfer market this season and is reaping the rewards, but let's not forget until this season he has been an incredibly unpopular, dour manager. He's never had it so good and he'd be insane to move. It's funny seeing McClaren and Allardyce making a comeback like this from ridicule, I almost half expect McLeish to be on people's wish list soon.

• Like 1

Think the biggest name would be Laudrup  - any name bigger than that isn't feasible IMO

I was thinking perhaps Klinsmann part-time until the end of the season or perhaps even Hiddink in a similar capacity.