New manager

reykjavik

It'll be someone to continue what Lambert was trying to implement with his passing and movement tactics, so in that sense Guardiola would be ideal.

Still though, no prem expeirence.

People keep mentioning that, but I think it was more of Randy/Faulkner thing. With Fox now seemingly calling the shots I really wouldn't be surprised if we went for someone from abroad with no Premier experience.

Possibly, but there's zero chance of Simeone.

I wouldn't say zero chance, but I admit that it would come as a bit of a surprise if he was announced. I haven't been following La Liga but I'm sure he's got unfinished business there while the season is in progress and there'd be competition for his signature.

It'll be someone to continue what Lambert was trying to implement with his passing and movement tactics, so in that sense Guardiola would be ideal.

Still though, no prem expeirence.

People keep mentioning that, but I think it was more of Randy/Faulkner thing. With Fox now seemingly calling the shots I really wouldn't be surprised if we went for someone from abroad with no Premier experience.

Possibly, but there's zero chance of Simeone.

I wouldn't say zero chance, but I admit that it would come as a bit of a surprise if he was announced. I haven't been following La Liga but I'm sure he's got unfinished business there while the season is in progress and there'd be competition for his signature.

useless, there is absolutely no chance of Simeone coming to Aston Villa.

He's one of the best manager in the world right now.

He could probably get a job at any club in the world if they wanted a new manager.

we have more chance of Elvis being our next manager than Simeone

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

Steve McLaren ticks every box for me, apart from the 'currently unemployed' box

Yes except he's likely to get promotion with Derby and our fans didn't want him before, so not sure he would want to come to us now!

Can't be arsed to read back but is someone seriously suggesting guardiola?

If so you need your head examining, immediately

I'm not saying we'd get him just saying that he'd be the ideal Manager take the baton from Lambert and carry on his good work and improve it actually.

A bit of a surprise? Us reappointing McLeish wouldn't be a surprise at all compared to us getting Simeone.

Forget about it - just as much chance of getting Pep.

• Like 1

And if he'd gone there and won it with one of the big 3 then I'd agree with you, but he didn't. You don't rate him and that's fine, but he's not a flavour of the month to those who do rate him. That's all.

No but he is inconsistant. He does well at one club and poorly at the next.

Good spells: Boro, Twente (Mark I), Derby

Bad spells: England, Wolfsburg, Twente (Mark II), Forest.

It is clearly working at Derby, he should stay there. History suggests no basis to indicate that he'll carry that into his next club.

Right men, he has ruled himself out.  Apparently there is still bad blood between him and us over Lerner’s U-turn and subsequent hiring of AMcL.

Also Paul Clement has ruled himself out of a move anywhere before the end of this season.

Are people still kidding themselves on here that Richard knows what going on at VP?

Richard might not be 'ITK' but he does seem to have an uncanny sixth sense for what's going to happen, only yesterday he was certain that Lambert was going to leave and that's what happened.

This presumably is the same Richard who was confidently telling us last week that Lambert that would be here 'until at least the end of the season'?

Last week he might well have been staying. The trigger has blatantly been pulled because of the new TV deal and the Hull defeat.

Which simply means that making confident statement like that last week pretty naive.

Bould crossed my mind has well but not sure if he'd leave Arsenal in the middle of the season. Plus if we're guessing at him based on Richards suggestion then it might not make sense, in the sense that why would Wenger write a letter of recommenation for someone who's he's currently working with?

Well we've already got the Lambert version of Tiki taka, minus the the pressing and movement.

... and goals ... and points ... and grace ... and sun-kissed Barcelona skin.

Can't be arsed to read back but is someone seriously suggesting guardiola?

If so you need your head examining, immediately

Uh.hem. Right ... there are a tiny minority of posters who are being very serious and thoughtful and earnest here, but the others (including several who seem to be very much pub-based) are so much more entertaining.