New manager

reykjavik

Has Sherwood killed a kitten or something?

Nah, but he did that thing where he threw his gilet that one time, and a load of people made jokes about it on Twitter so now everyone's scared he might do it again and then there might be more jokes on Twitter. Or something.

Screw the Twits, I'd love to see that level of passion coming from our corner.

Have they applied? 

Are people still kidding themselves on here that Richard knows what going on at VP?

Richard might not be 'ITK' but he does seem to have an uncanny sixth sense for what's going to happen, only yesterday he was certain that Lambert was going to leave and that's what happened.

What he has is an uncanny sense of saying little, and allowing others to interpret his words. Like Nostradamus.  ;)

So according to Jonny Gould's latest blog post PL has said farewell to all the players after we lost to Spurs 3-0 end of last season.

What...?

Which ties in with what 'Admin' said on TBAR who also (I think) mentioned Klinsmann and Klopp as possible replacements and who also happen to be in work. The only thing that is missing is an Arsenal connection.

Stop bringing up TBAR - all that stuff was pretty much confirmed BS.

As someone high up there at the time I can tell you it was not made up bullshit - it was from a reputable source

i don't even know what this means..

probably nothing in this - but I have just had a text from a friend who reckons Houllier has been spotted at Villa park....

I mentioned Houllier shortly after the news of Lamberts sacking. I'd have him back here. Don't think he will though, health reasons surely?

probably nothing in this - but I have just had a text from a friend who reckons Houllier has been spotted at Villa park....

I mentioned Houllier shortly after the news of Lamberts sacking. I'd have him back here. Don't think he will though, health reasons surely?

Certainly not as manager - might be as DOF - highly unlikley IMO..

How feasible is Bob Bradley......where is he now ?

I am going to stick my neck out and say we are in for Remi Garde.

Partly based on Richards "hint" but also because Garde's reported decision a few weeks ago to hold off the Newcastle job till the summer didn't make sense UNLESS, Tom Fox tipped him the wink that Lamberts position could become open.

Fox would have either known him or of him via Wenger when he was , at one point was discussed as a DOF at Arsenal.

Wenger is said to rate Garde very highly and he sounds very like a chip off the Wenger block, ambitious and very much his own man:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/rmi-who-garde-tipped-to-succeed-old-boss-arsne-wenger-8418346.html

A long shot maybe but it wouldn't surprise me given the Fox/Wenger link and Garde turning down the Newcastle job.

Would Garde come to us? I mean, he ticks all the boxes, for sure, but he's got 14 games left of the season over there and winning the league would be absolutely huge. Would he leave that for us?

Another link is "Houllier" and despite what happened subsequently, no one expected his appointment at Villa.

Searching further I came up with the following discussing Garde's tactics - I think he would be perfect

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Maybe houllier an adviser to fox?

Norway somewhere?

All this excited chatter on VillaTalk almost allows me to pretend that Tom Fox and co. actually give a rat's bottom about what any of us have to say about the new manager question. It's a pleasant delusion!

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 1

Houllier being at Villa Park would spark the 'Red Bull' rumours again. If he really was there maybe he's advising on a new manager. He has connections with Lyon so maybe it's something to do with Garde.

Maybe houllier an adviser to fox?

See my comment above: Houllier (and or Wenger) > Fox > Garde

All this excited chatter on VillaTalk almost allows me to pretend that Tom Fox and co. actually give a rat's bottom about what any of us have to say about the new manager question. It's a pleasant delusion!

Wasn't the fans singing for Paul Lambert back in 2012 one of the reasons why they hired him in the first place?

That article on Sherwood is scathing, but aside from the AVB quote (a man also known for being a self absorbed word removed) and the fact he has rejected a couple of jobs it all appears to be opinion from a distance rather than any tangible knowledge.

I don't like Sherwood. I hated him as a player too and I don't want him as a manager now, but that article is a bit rough unless he knows him personally.