New manager

reykjavik

I am going to stick my neck out and say we are in for Remi Garde.

Partly based on Richards "hint" but also because Garde's reported decision a few weeks ago to hold off the Newcastle job till the summer didn't make sense UNLESS, Tom Fox tipped him the wink that Lamberts position could become open.

Fox would have either known him or of him via Wenger when he was , at one point was discussed as a DOF at Arsenal.

Wenger is said to rate Garde very highly and he sounds very like a chip off the Wenger block, ambitious and very much his own man:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/rmi-who-garde-tipped-to-succeed-old-boss-arsne-wenger-8418346.html

A long shot maybe but it wouldn't surprise me given the Fox/Wenger link and Garde turning down the Newcastle job.

Would Garde come to us? I mean, he ticks all the boxes, for sure, but he's got 14 games left of the season over there and winning the league would be absolutely huge. Would he leave that for us?

Which ties in with what 'Admin' said on TBAR who also (I think) mentioned Klinsmann and Klopp as possible replacements and who also happen to be in work. The only thing that is missing is an Arsenal connection.

Stop bringing up TBAR - all that stuff was pretty much confirmed BS.

I'll bring up what I want unless i'm told it's against site guidelines, Or I'm genuinly upsetting someone.

• Like 1

Our great club and its equally great supporters have had their fill of poor managerial appointments in recent times its about time that we took an upward step by appointing a Manager who has a proven track record and is suitably supported with transfer funding as and when required,I give you Diego Simone a name that would fill Villa Park and send shivers down the spin s of the rest of the teams in the PL,even the man at Chelsea would take time out to shake his hand.

We are never going to get Simone, why would he want to come here? 

Partly based on Richards "hint" but also because Garde's reported decision a few weeks ago to hold off the Newcastle job till the summer didn't make sense UNLESS, Tom Fox tipped him the wink that Lamberts position could become open.

Fox would have either known him or of him via Wenger when he was , at one point was discussed as a DOF at Arsenal.

Wenger is said to rate Garde very highly and he sounds very like a chip off the Wenger block, ambitious and very much his own man:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/rmi-who-garde-tipped-to-succeed-old-boss-arsne-wenger-8418346.html

A long shot maybe but it wouldn't surprise me given the Fox/Wenger link and Garde turning down the Newcastle job.

Would Garde come to us? I mean, he ticks all the boxes, for sure, but he's got 14 games left of the season over there and winning the league would be absolutely huge. Would he leave that for us?

Would he leave what? he isn't managing anyone at the moment.

I don't think Lerner would want anyone without Premier League experience, which could also mean the end for the Klinsmann link too.

needs to be a big name manager that gains instant respect from the players.

don`t want anyone who has had one good season in the championship. take Mclaren and bournemouth manage (who`s name i forget) out of the running, don`t want a manager who lvl is championship again. allso take sean dyche out of the reconing..just why another lambert type apointment ?

for me It really needs to be someone Proven in Prem like Moyes or a manager from abroad who is doing well or has done well

Which ties in with what 'Admin' said on TBAR who also (I think) mentioned Klinsmann and Klopp as possible replacements and who also happen to be in work. The only thing that is missing is an Arsenal connection.

Stop bringing up TBAR - all that stuff was pretty much confirmed BS.

I'll bring up what I want unless i'm told it's against site guidelines, Or I'm genuinly upsetting someone.

I didn't mean it in a "stop bringing it up you're breaking the rules" kind of way, I meant it in a "stop bringing it up it's BS" way. IIRC they actually admitted over there that they made it up.

Our great club and its equally great supporters have had their fill of poor managerial appointments in recent times its about time that we took an upward step by appointing a Manager who has a proven track record and is suitably supported with transfer funding as and when required,I give you Diego Simone a name that would fill Villa Park and send shivers down the spin s of the rest of the teams in the PL,even the man at Chelsea would take time out to shake his hand.

We are never going to get Simone, why would he want to come here? 

Would he leave what? he isn't managing anyone at the moment.

Oh, well that shows what I know. I thought he was still at Lyon :lol:

• Like 1

Leave who? He is supposedly taking a sabbatical at the moment having left Lyon

Just listened to Hawksby and Jacobs on Talkshite.....they had Moxley on - what a worm that bloke is (is he a Bluenose?). Moxley said Lambert had had money to sign players but coudnt get the best out of them and then listed Helenious, Bowery, Sylla and Dawkins (???) as examples - Hawkesby said "never hyeard of them?"

Poxy Moxley was bigging up Sherwood but Hawksby or Jacobs (whichever one is the Spurs fan) said 'wouldn't touch him with a bargepole'

Pat Murphy on 5 live

"The new Aston Villa manager will be recommended by the chief executive Tom Fox, with the owner Randy Lerner prepared to rubberstamp his decision. Lerner will not be part of the interview process.

"Lerner operates out of New York and is hardly ever in Birmingham, as he comes to rely more and more on the advice of his fellow-American whom he appointed as CEO last September. It was Fox who recommended Lambert should be sacked after Tuesday night's defeat at Hull.

"Fox will take soundings from Villa's director of recruitment Paddy Reilly and an inner circle of trusted colleagues before moving in on a target. Coaching expertise will be essential - Villa were short in that area during Lambert's tenure - and they won't be put off if their preferred candidate is with another club.

"Although time is on Villa's side in that their next Premier League game is not until a week on Saturday when they are at home to Stoke City, Fox will want a swift appointment."

This does not surprise me. I said after watching Fox's first interview that he looked like a guy who would pull the trigger. A much stronger character than Faulkner, and his time at Arsenal will have given him a lot of useful contacts.

• Like 1

I still think it could be Laudrup.

Garde was assistant to Houllier in 2005-7.

Houllier DOF, Garde coach?

Don't see the problem with that. I thought most of us here agreed that Houllier was much better suited to a DoF role anyway?

Not going to happen though.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Would take him as a stop gap to keep us up, then try and get McLaren in the summer.

If he kept us up I'd keep him on and if we sell the club I think he'd be someone the new owners would like too. Would be a really good appointment.

Why is everyone bothering to get excited or interested in the new manager? Lerner is still here, while he remains it does not matter one iota who the manager is. We will be crap, the fans will blame whoever is in charge, Lerner gets away with it again, rinse and repeat.

I can't allow myself to get caught up in all this **** again because, with the current regime, it simply does not matter.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2