limpid

Hang on. Did someone just say that was a sure fire red????

If anyone on MOTD tonight says that's a red card I will be amazed.

Can't make tackles anymore it seems. Must get every single tackle spot on.

He totally missed the ball (and went over the top of it) and was studs up on the guy's shin. If we hadn't have had so many reds in the past, people wouldn't be as outraged as they are.

He totally missed the ball (and went over the top of it) and was studs up on the guy's shin. If we hadn't have had so many reds in the past, people wouldn't be as outraged as they are.

Yes, I know it was a foul. It was a definite yellow card for sure. Red, not a chance.

They all said it was a red on Final Score, including Dion. Delph has always been from the Scholes school of tackling, unfortunately we aren't Utd so he didn't get away with it. Would be refreshing to knick something.

I thought he hit his foot, not his shin. 

• Like 1

Wasn't a dodgy decision.

Was an absolutely ridiculous tackle to make and deserved a red.

Just no, never a red card.

Don't give the ref a decision to make then. It was over the ball into the guy's shin. You just can't do it. Was absolutely brainless. Could have been yellow or red, but not surprised at a red.

The guy took a poor first touch and Delph was perfectly entitled to go for it. He made a clear attempt for the ball without malice or excessive aggression. The Sunderland player nicked it away and Delph went into his ankle. People seem to have fallen into the trap where if a challenge could injure a player it's an automatic sending off. It's not.