January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

So, if he's planning on letting Andi and Gabby concentrate on playing up front, why would he want yet another striker?

Benteke

Weimann

Gabby

Kozak waiting in the wings

Plenty of cover for Benteke. We need backup creativity and flair more than we do another striker. If Gil suffers an injury, we're lacking that creative spark again.

• Like 1

So, if he's planning on letting Andi and Gabby concentrate on playing up front, why would he want yet another striker?

Benteke

Weimann

Gabby

Kozak waiting in the wings

Plenty of cover for Benteke. We need backup creativity and flair more than we do another striker. If Gil suffers an injury, we're lacking that creative spark again.

What happens when if we get injuries on the wings?

Not going to be Demba Ba, but a striker seems to be on the radar

“There’s more competition with the new signings,” added Lambert. “Now Gabby and Andi, who are better as strikers, will challenge (Benteke). I’ve been playing them out wide but they are quick, smaller-type guys, whereas Christian is different. It gives me the option.

“Remember, I left Christian out against Southampton last year and played Libor. He scored that day.

“But if we could bring in another striker we would try if that was feasible.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-would-love-rush-8552889

Only two and a half seasons to figure that one out?

No, two and a half seasons to scrape the cash together for some wide players. As Lambert says in the rest of the article, scoring goals hasn't been a problem until this season.

Didn't he put an £8 million bid in for cleverly in the summer?

• Like 1

There's only so many miracles Lambert can perform. We've added Sinclair, who's only played about 30 games in the last three years and Gil who whilst a 'golden fleece' of a signing, is still new to the country so might have a quiet spell. I'm sure we'll improve but it'll take time and we shouldn't expect too much too soon.

Like improvement over 2 and a half years? I think by now we should be expecting improvement.

Whilst he's been here for two and a half years, I'm only really judging him from the moment he birthed our new footballing philosophy.

An interesting way to ignore a long period of time.

We changed our style against Southampton, 11 games ago and in those 11 games we got 11 points. So even judging the new change its not better than last seasons average of 1 point a game.

So when do you expect improvement? And then come the summer do you start your point of when judging him again?

A front 4 of Sinclair, benteke, gill and a new attacking midfield player would be superb.

With delph and Sanchez holding and our solid back 4 I'd say that's a top half starting 11.

We then have players like gabby, weimmam, westwood, cleverly and grealish on the bench.

That's looking a very strong bench.

No he didn't. How many times? He put in an UNDISCLOSED bid that was accepted. Then TC went walkabout so the transfer became a loan, with the option to buy. The option to buy was set at 8 million. The bid would have been nothing like as high as that.

No he didn't. How many times? He put in an UNDISCLOSED bid that was accepted. Then TC went walkabout so the transfer became a loan, with the option to buy. The option to buy was set at 8 million. The bid would have been nothing like as high as that.

The bid would have been lower than the buyout clause for January?

I thought you only dealt in facts?

A front 4 of Sinclair, benteke, gill and a new attacking midfield player would be superb.

With delph and Sanchez holding and our solid back 4 I'd say that's a top half starting 11.

We then have players like gabby, weimmam, westwood, cleverly and grealish on the bench.

That's looking a very strong bench.

We just need a manager who has the ability to get performances out of this squad. I dont expect any drastic improvement to be honest

Not going to be Demba Ba, but a striker seems to be on the radar

“There’s more competition with the new signings,” added Lambert. “Now Gabby and Andi, who are better as strikers, will challenge (Benteke). I’ve been playing them out wide but they are quick, smaller-type guys, whereas Christian is different. It gives me the option.

“Remember, I left Christian out against Southampton last year and played Libor. He scored that day.

“But if we could bring in another striker we would try if that was feasible.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-would-love-rush-8552889

Only two and a half seasons to figure that one out?

No, two and a half seasons to scrape the cash together for some wide players. As Lambert says in the rest of the article, scoring goals hasn't been a problem until this season.

I thought we only scored 39 goals last season?