January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Guy on MK Dons board said he was talking to Lewis Kinsella's agent and that MK Dons were in touch about taking him on loan a few weeks back but Villa said to them they'd have to pay us for every game he didn't play. Interest cooled, but they appear to be looking for a left sided defender again.

If we sign Gil, Sinclair and Alli in the same January transfer window, a bronze statue of Paul Lambert will be erected outside Villa Park.

Even if though I have to pay for it myself.

If we actually score a goal in the league or god forbid, win a game, it should be a gold statue  :P

If we sign Gil, Sinclair and Alli in the same January transfer window, a bronze statue of Paul Lambert will be erected outside Villa Park.

Even if though I have to pay for it myself.

If we actually score a goal in the league or god forbid, win a game, it should be a gold statue  :P

I'm glad you feel that way :)

There are a lot fewer reasons why we shouldn't score goals and win games now. An in-form striker would be nice, but Lambert does need to start producing results, and I've got little doubt that he will. If he doesn't, hell, get someone else in and make Lambert DoF - we can't afford to lose someone who can sign good players for three million pounds.

we can't afford to lose someone who can sign good players for three million pounds.

I'd hope our transfer business is down to more than just Lambert. We need to have a consistent approach to players we sign regardless of who the manager is.

we can't afford to lose someone who can sign good players for three million pounds.

I'd hope our transfer business is down to more than just Lambert. We need to have a consistent approach to players we sign regardless of who the manager is.

Do we yeah?

• Like 1

There's only so many miracles Lambert can perform. We've added Sinclair, who's only played about 30 games in the last three years and Gil who whilst a 'golden fleece' of a signing, is still new to the country so might have a quiet spell. I'm sure we'll improve but it'll take time and we shouldn't expect too much too soon.

Do we yeah?

Apparently we've signed 8 new scouts since Tom Fox came in and we're continuing to strengthen in that area.

• Like 1

I really do not know this, but who is actually responsible for picking out signings?

Is it the manager, and if so how does he do it, or is it someone in our scouting network employed by the club?

Lambert is getting the kudos (and brickbats) but how much of it is down to him?

I really do not know this, but who is actually responsible for picking out signings?

Is it the manager, and if so how does he do it, or is it someone in our scouting network employed by the club?

Lambert is getting the kudos (and brickbats) but how much of it is down to him?

Well, Lambert must have some sort of knowledge since we signed the likes of Benteke and Vlaar in his first transfer window. However, it can't entirely be down to him and as I just said a minute ago, we've introduced several new scouts since Tom Fox arrived. I think it is definitely important for us to continue improving our scouting network if we're to succeed without spending too much money.

• Like 1

There's only so many miracles Lambert can perform. We've added Sinclair, who's only played about 30 games in the last three years and Gil who whilst a 'golden fleece' of a signing, is still new to the country so might have a quiet spell. I'm sure we'll improve but it'll take time and we shouldn't expect too much too soon.

Like improvement over 2 and a half years? I think by now we should be expecting improvement.