January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Every one going on like this is January is like when we signed bent. We've agreed a new contract for someone already playing for us and we're in a relegation battle with him anyway. We've signed a west Brom flop on loan as we couldn't afford 3 mil. And there's a slight rumour of signing a league 1 player that we will loan back to the club anyway. The only slightly decent business is gil who has only played one full game. Hardly game changes ground shaking moves are they lads? You've has your expectations well and truly manged by foxy

It's true once again Lambert hasn't had a great deal to spend but I think it's his ability to turn water into wine that's getting everyone excited. Gil's already looking like a £20M+ player. What's to say he can't do the same for Sinclair and anyone else we might sign.

• Like 2

I am possibly lamberts biggest supporter on here but hang on useless lets not put too much pressure on lambert, Gil or any other signing we make.

He hasn't had much to spend and when you are taking gambles you are very likely to have some in the tonev , Bennett camp than the Sanchez ,Gil, benteke camp.

Lambert has done well really well but I would caution against expecting too much

• Like 2

It's true once again Lambert hasn't had a great deal to spend but I think it's his ability to turn water into wine that's getting everyone excited. Gil's already looking like a £20M+ player. What's to say he can't do the same for Sinclair and anyone else we might sign.

Messiah confirmed.

• Like 1

I am possibly lamberts biggest supporter on here but hang on useless lets not put too much pressure on lambert, Gil or any other signing we make.

He hasn't had much to spend and when you are taking gambles you are very likely to have some in the tonev , Bennett camp than the Sanchez ,Gil, benteke camp.

Lambert has done well really well but I would caution against expecting too much

My post was trying to lower expectations.

Daz316, that's some classic banter. Citing that we're still in a relegation battle, but saying it's not like the Darren Bent window (where we were also in a relegation battle).

You've missed the point there rob, easy done when your trying to look cool I guess "classic banter"

I'm that window we signed a new record signing that saved us hence me referencing it as a great window.

This season we have signed Delph who is part of the team that's in the relegation battle in the first place, a west Brom reject and a decent looking midfielder. It's hardly the end of austerity is it, thus my confusion at the excitement of the grand total of 5 million max being spent on relative unknowns and another journeyman

Hey whatever floats your boat though

P. S id say lamberts better at turning wine into water and water into something even more boring

No one's getting overly excited as far as I can tell. At the start of the window I was expecting maybe just one loan signing. So judged against those expectations, comparatively speaking it's been quite a good transfer window. It's nothing like when Bent signed, I'm pretty sure that at that time the site crashed such was the volume of traffic, next time that happens it'll probably be when we get new owners.

What have you heard?

No one's getting overly excited as far as I can tell. At the start of the window I was expecting maybe just one loan signing. So judged against those expectations, comparatively speaking it's been quite a good transfer window. It's nothing like when Bent signed, I'm pretty sure that at that time the site crashed such was the volume of traffic, next time that happens it'll probably be when we get new owners.

What have you heard?

About new owners? Nothing and I've never been in a position to hear anything. I'm just not expecting any earth shattering news before we get taken over, at least not in terms of big signings and I don't think Lambert will leave before then either.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

One thing I hate about the transfer window is the feeling I have now. Im now more excited about Villa than at any point this season just because of some new blood and PR. 

It used to be great that a manager could come in a sign some of his type of players get the place buzzing and then continue. I remember when Angel signed (although it was January) it gave the club a buzz and part way through a season I had something new and interesting to cheer for. 

Imagine if we had signed Gil at the end of October, might have been in a completely different position now, or might have just stopped us having to wait 2 months to stop being so negative.

What have you heard?

About new owners? Nothing and I've never been in a position to hear anything. I'm just not expecting any earth shattering news before we get taken over, at least not in terms of big signings and I don't think Lambert will leave before then either.

I take your post to mean that you're not at liberty to tell us the details because you don't want to jeopardise things at such a late stage. Exciting times.

• Like 2

I take your post to mean that you're not at liberty to tell us the details because you don't want to jeopardise things at such a late stage. Exciting times.

My post just means what it means, I don't know anything about anything, nothing to get excited about. My code for anything related to the takeover is,'what you get is what you don't expect'.

Edited by useless

My post just means what it means, I don't know anything about anything, nothing to get excited about. My code for anything related to the takeover is what you get is what you don't expect.

Bless your heart, ulysses. I was trying to be funny. I can't decide whether you helped, or ruined everything :)

• Like 2