January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Arsery - Lambert is now considering an offer from us according to the Beeb.

Sigh - I hope you lot are all right and I'm wrong! Wouldn't be the first time I realise - but I just think it's poor value, that there are better options elsewhere and that it's short termism gone mad - but....

I would be against buying Lambert because he's probably cuptied for the FA Cup and therefore could not score the day before his 33rd birthday. Players always score when it's their birthday or around their birthday. Or else commentators just mention their birthdays a lot when the players are celebrating a goal in the absence of anything else useful to say. But no I'm pretty sure it's because players always score on their birthdays. So no thanks

Really??!!

BBC Sport's Ben Smith: "I am told that Rickie Lambert is, as we speak, considering whether he wants to join Aston Villa tonight.

"A number of factors come into this, but he wants regular football and must balance that against a very settled family that is happy being back on Merseyside."

It would take upwards of £15M for Southampton to get Westwood at this stage.

Why would they want him?

I don't know if they do but someone mentioned it as rumour they heard. He's an excellent player though and no way is he someone we'd want to lose and it could cost a lot of money to bring in someone who can do what he can do.

Edited by useless

£15m for Westwood? Don't be silly. He is worth £7m max.

As for Ricky Lambert it has to be some sort of joke, why does Paul Lambert just go after big strikers? We are trying to play the ball on the deck at the moment, just more proof he has no idea what he is trying to do with this team.

Cahill would become our best midfielder, get Robbie Keane back too.

It would take upwards of £15M for Southampton to get Westwood at this stage.

Why would they want him?

I don't know if they do but someone mentioned it as rumour they heard. He's an excellent player though and no way is he someone we'd want to lose and it could cost a lot of money to bring in someone who can what he can.

Yes he can can the can can, but cha he cha the cha cha?

BBC Sport's Ben Smith: "I am told that Rickie Lambert is, as we speak, considering whether he wants to join Aston Villa tonight.

"A number of factors come into this, but he wants regular football and must balance that against a very settled family that is happy being back on Merseyside."

How far is Birmingham from Liverpool?

at 8.15pm on deadline day with us having no chance of replacing him id say westwood is worth £15m

why would we sell at "market value" right now?

BBC Sport's Ben Smith: "I am told that Rickie Lambert is, as we speak, considering whether he wants to join Aston Villa tonight.

How far is Birmingham from Liverpool?

close enough for a few thousand to make the trip to anfield every other week :(

• Like 4

As for Ricky Lambert it has to be some sort of joke, why does Paul Lambert just go after big strikers? We are trying to play the ball on the deck at the moment, just more proof he has no idea what he is trying to do with this team.

I didn't realise big strikers can't be good on the deck as well.

I didn't realise big strikers can't be good on the deck as well.
He looked pretty good "on the deck" when he put that one in against us the other week.

When we've done this in the past - Sutton, Holt etc, I could see the point, they were relatively cheap short term solutions that could help the team and then we could all move on - even with Heskey, he was a year or two younger than Lambert is when he arrived. In essence, I'd be happy enough with Lambert on a free until the end of the season, but with the wages, this is going to cost us more than we paid for Benteke - that can't be a good idea can it?

We have a big striker in Benteke, we can't play him and Lambert it wouldn't work at all. Playing two up top doesn't work but if we were going to get someone with Benteke then it needs to be a Defoe, Long, Austin type player. Someone who will work the channels, do the running and is a decent finisher.