Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I'd like QPR to go down because it's likely Ramsey will leave and Sherwood has stated he'd like him here as part of his set up. I also dislike their fans as a section of them sang about killing a steward a few years ago.

Strangely the Sandwell Town fans aren't quite as cocky now, i suspect they'll survive but the anti Pulis feeling seems to be growing amongst those i know.

I said a couple of weeks ago we'd finish above them and it's looking more and more likely.

I think it will be Sunderland, Hull and QPR that'll go if QPR lose today.

Edited by Robbie09

Is it wrong that I want Ramsey to keep QPR up mostly because he's black? I have little opinion on him generally other than he seems like a nice bloke, but I want to see a black manager have a bit of actual success at the top level. I think it will be good for football generally. Odd that this is still a "thing" in 2015, but it is and we should face it IMO.

Probably a bit off topic.

We'd have to capitulate big time to go down now. The way we have been playing these last 2 months I can't see it, but I'm not hearing that fat lady sing just yet.

Ridiculous comment!

Why?

Liking how this thread has now moved towards talking about other getting relegated, we are not safe yet and the few games after the West brom wins showed how fragile our belief is as a fan base.

We are now 6 points clear with 2 teams inbetween us and the relegation zone. With most of the teams having a tougher run in one more win should do it I think we will beat both Westham and Everton.

Liking how this thread has now moved towards talking about other getting relegated, we are not safe yet and the few games after the West brom wins showed how fragile our belief is as a fan base.

We are now 6 points clear with 2 teams inbetween us and the relegation zone. With most of the teams having a tougher run in one more win should do it I think we will beat both Westham and Everton.

Let's be even more positive and think about what we might get off Man C.

We are currently above them in the form table.

Edited by briny_ear

Is it wrong that I want Ramsey to keep QPR up mostly because he's black? I have little opinion on him generally other than he seems like a nice bloke, but I want to see a black manager have a bit of actual success at the top level. I think it will be good for football generally. Odd that this is still a "thing" in 2015, but it is and we should face it IMO.

We'd have to capitulate big time to go down now. The way we have been playing these last 2 months I can't see it, but I'm not hearing that fat lady sing just yet.

Ridiculous comment!
Why?

Because wanting someone to do better or worse because of their skin colour is a racist comment in itself. If racism is to be kicked out permanently, we need to stop treating black and white like it's a different species. By making comments like this it's actually creating a divide, people should just want 'a manager' to do well whether they're black, white, male or female. Only when everybody really is not making an issue of it then real equality can be achieved.

• Like 1

Really hope Burnley stay up. Sean dyche really comes across incredibly well in every interview he does and wouldnt mind him here in the future. To even get burnley to not be bottom is such an achievement with the squad theyve got/money they spent. Shame they couldnt bring in one or two players in January which probably would have seen them safe

Edited by gharperr

Really hope Burnley stay up. Sean dyche really comes across incredibly well in every interview he does and wouldnt mind him here in the future. To even get burnley to not be bottom is such an achievement with the squad theyve got/money they spent. Shame they couldnt bring in one or two players in January which probably would have seen them safe

Until we're safe, **** Burnley. I hope they lose the rest of their games

• Like 2

Hull have some difficult games but four of them are at home, so I still think they have a chance of staying up. Going by the fixtures I'd say Sunderland look in the most trouble at the moment, but everyone still has a chance.

Don't give a f*** about any other team but ourselves. Our priority is to stay up. I even don't really care much about the fa Cup, though I would like the win at Wembley, if only just to screw Gerrard over.

• Like 1

Ridiculous comment!
Why?

Because wanting someone to do better or worse because of their skin colour is a racist comment in itself. If racism is to be kicked out permanently, we need to stop treating black and white like it's a different species. By making comments like this it's actually creating a divide, people should just want 'a manager' to do well whether they're black, white, male or female. Only when everybody really is not making an issue of it then real equality can be achieved.

I know this is off topic, but I wanted to respond. This is a common argument against affirmative action in the United States, and it is basically nonsense. The root of the issue at the argument's core is you are treating equity and equality as the same thing. It is fair to treat black issues differently than white issues because the table has been tilted so hard against black people in the past. We have to fix that imbalance that has been created, and that requires us to treat black issues differently in the present. The only way we reach the utopian society to explained is through treating black issues in such a way that allows us to close the privilege gap that has been created over the last half millennium. 

While I think you are quite correct we will never be a "post-racial society" while we are treating people of different colors (or gender, sexual orientation, etc.) differently, the only way we get to that ideal society is by instituting policies to reverse the damage done over the last 400-plus years. 

• Like 2

Ridiculous comment!
Why?

I know this is off topic, but I wanted to respond. This is a common argument against affirmative action in the United States, and it is basically nonsense. The root of the issue at the argument's core is you are treating equity and equality as the same thing. It is fair to treat black issues differently than white issues because the table has been tilted so hard against black people in the past. We have to fix that imbalance that has been created, and that requires us to treat black issues differently in the present. The only way we reach the utopian society to explained is through treating black issues in such a way that allows us to close the privilege gap that has been created over the last half millennium. 

While I think you are quite correct we will never be a "post-racial society" while we are treating people of different colors (or gender, sexual orientation, etc.) differently, the only way we get to that ideal society is by instituting policies to reverse the damage done over the last 400-plus years. 

You got issues chap :o

Wow. Talk about a lack of foresight...

All that mentality creates is a world where policies are being flipped, continually, in favour of one race and then the other. With each time the flip happens, tensions rising among those "losing" their privileges. Absolutely insane statement

Ridiculous comment!
Why?

You got issues chap :o

Yep. It is called understanding nuanced issues. You should try it.

• Like 4