Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

The last 2 sets of results have made things quite alot simpler now, if we can beat Swansea.

If we win this weekend and other results go our way (Leicester don't beat Spurs, QPR don't beat Everton, Burnley lose to Southampton, Sunderland lose to West Ham, Hull lose to Chelsea), I think we are pretty much safe.

We will be on 31 points and be 3 wins clear of QPR and Leicester, 2 wins clear of Burnley and Sunderland, and 1 win clear of Hull - so barring a massive loss of our momentum and big about swing in goal difference, we would need a very poor finish to the season to be dragged back in.

And even if we are dragged back in, we would still have the games against QPR and Burnley to have our destiny in our own hands and get to 37 points....

It means QPR will have to play ourselves and wba both away, and then Chelsea in space of eight days as well. They then have a derby v West Ham followed by two away games against Liverpool and Man City, it's going to be really tough for them to stay in the division.

Oh dear

What a shame

Never mind

• Like 2

It doesn't have Leicester City's or Queens Park Ranger's fixtures but a useful picture for reference...

CAPLPqIW4AAXtUk.jpg

And of course we now know that the QPR game will be on April 7th

Apart from maybe QPR, I don't see any easy wins on our schedule. I think it's going to be a desperate white-knuckled brawl to the last match. Only West Ham could possibly be said to have little to play for. Everyone else have something to prove, and some -- like Man City -- have a manager whose job will depend on beating us.

Not easy. 

Edited by Plastic Man
  • Like 1

I'm hoping that by the time we play them, Everton and Southampton no longer have anything to play for either (it's also possible Burnley could be down by then, but perhaps unlikely). 

Hull are in a similar position in this respect, but with a tougher set of fixtures.

Another point that ratchets up the tension for this weekend's game. A win would be absolutely massive.

• Like 1

Apart from maybe QPR, I don't see any easy wins on our schedule. I think it's going to be a desperate white-knuckled brawl to the last match. Only West Ham could possibly be said to have little to play for. Everyone else have something to prove, and some -- like Man City -- have a manager whose job will depend on beating us.

Not easy. 

You could say the exact same about Burnley & Hull's fixtures. Then Sunderland are in the worst form of all and don't exactly have an "easy" fixture.

• Like 1

Going by fixtures you'd expect Hull to struggle the most out of them and Sunderland. Sunderland's fixtures look ok.

But that doesn't factor in how utterly dreadful Sunderland are

• Like 1

Not easy. 

Swansea, West Ham, Burnley and QPR are all wins for me.  If we play with a high tempo against Swansea they will go to shit, West Ham have been awful for a long time, their season is over the manager is leaving and they just can't be arsed anymore, QPR are just terrible full stop, Burnley lack quality and it will probably all be over by then anyway. Everton are not exactly flying at the moment either and are hopefully still in the Europa league.

The away games are hard but you can get at Man Utd (will probably lose) , I actually think TS will get something at Spurs it's just one of those football things with him being their ex manager, Citeh's wheels are coming off at the moment so they are not in great shape and it looks like Pellegrini is a goner, I think Southampton may have already guaranteed a Europa spot but missed top 4 by then and may switch off hopefully.

Lots of reasons to be positive, I think will be 40 points plus at the end of the season and totally safe

The bottom 6 of the table at the moment are probably going to be the bottom six come the end of the season - they are going to creak and stumble their way towards the low thirties in terms of points. I know Swansea is a crucial game but that win at Sunderland in my opinion has given us a crucial edge, at worst to remain level with or just above the bottom three for the rest of the season. We 'should' make it.

Highly doubt we'd finish the season on a 5 out of 6 home wins run. Luckily we only need two - against QPR and Burnley. 

Im going to go for 4 wins and 2 draws from the remaining home games