Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I have done the predictions to the end of the season twice. 

Both came out with 34 points being enough. 

If we are on 31 points after swansea

then beat QPR, we would need two points (i believe) to be absolutely safe. 

More than 36 would mean someone in addition to Burnley going on a run and beating a few teams. 

I cannot see QPR, Hull, Sunderland doing that at the moment.

Also Everton would need to win today as they have some tricky ones too. 

Newcastle v Arsenal - Ideal: Arsenal Win

im sure that game is irrelevant now as well. Newcastle and Palace are out of it for me

I'd like to keep as many teams as close to us as possible. We won't likely catch Newcastle, but a nightmare run for them might just about keep them nervy

Still in it, but I think based on form and momentum we are in a stronger position for the next 9 games than Hull, Sunderland, Burnley and QPR. Leicester are gone for me, and I think 2 of the 4 teams I have just mentioned will drop.

3 points against Swansea would be massive leading in to a difficult April.

Newcastle v Arsenal - Ideal: Arsenal Win

im sure that game is irrelevant now as well. Newcastle and Palace are out of it for me

I'd like to keep as many teams as close to us as possible. We won't likely catch Newcastle, but a nightmare run for them might just about keep them nervy

They've probably already scored more points than they'll need to stay up. Even if they haven't, a couple of draws in ten fixtures will be enough for them to be safe. They'll be fine. 

Hull would have to do amazingly well to finish above us, looking at their remaining fixtures.

Having just looked at their fixtures, I could see them only getting 3 points from those games against Burnley. QPR and Leicester are gone. Either Hull, Sunderland or Burnley will join them.

• Like 1

Hull would have to do amazingly well to finish above us, looking at their remaining fixtures.

Having just looked at their fixtures, I could see them only getting 3 points from those games against Burnley. QPR and Leicester are gone. Either Hull, Sunderland or Burnley will join them.
Having said that I won't be able to relax until we're mathematically safe.
  • Like 1

The more I look at the table the more scared I am.

It looks a lot better than it did 2 weeks ago!  :)

We have a few winnable home games now and the best thing is, we have a manager that knows how to win now! 

Still nine games to go, twenty-seven points to play for and so much that can happen. I wouldn't write anyone as safe or relegated yet, although it's looking pretty bad for Leicester but Sunderland survived from a similar position last year.

I think there's 1 place up for grabs and for me it's Hull who look precarious. Bruce has no history of pulling off shock results. Poyet has but their squad and the backroom rumours are a club in absolute turmoil so I think one of those two. Burnley are showing fight as are we now. I hope Burnley do stay up. Dyche is doing a great job with what he has got and deserves another shot at this division. So for me, its, Leicester, QPR and one of Hull or Sunderland to go imo

Sunderland were brutal yesterday, their best player was arrested for having sex with a 15 year old, manager sent off the game before and half the stadium evacuated yesterday before half time, it's like us under Lambert, I'll be surprised if they pick up 4 more points without even looking at their games.

Sunderland were brutal yesterday, their best player was arrested for having sex with a 15 year old, manager sent off the game before and half the stadium evacuated yesterday before half time, it's like us under Lambert, I'll be surprised if they pick up 4 more points without even looking at their games.

True, however they've got Newcastle coming up. If they win that things could change for them. Hopefully they stick with Poyet.