Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Too many people seem to be taking Saturday's game as a banker. It won't be, and we'll definitely lose games to teams that aren't in the top 6. Just hoping the place doesn't implode when it happens

Too many people seem to be taking Saturday's game as a banker. It won't be, and we'll definitely lose games to teams that aren't in the top 6. Just hoping the place doesn't implode when it happens

Really? To me it seems there's quite a range of opinion. And are you possibly confusing some supporters' boosty, big-hearted UTV optimism with credulity?

Edited by Plastic Man

Our fixture list looks pretty brutal

Looks like a pretty average premier league fixture list really. Can't complain.

Who? Show me one, just out of interest.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Really? To me it seems there's quite a range of opinion. And are you possibly confusing some supporters' boosty, big-hearted UTV optimism with credulity?

Honestly it seems like everything I've read has been "beat Swansea and we're X" or "we'll move x ahead of y after beating Swansea"

Granted, I may just have taken people playing devil's advocate (which I often do) as their opinion, but I'm just hoping if we lose it won't be too poisonous in here. I like popping in of a weekend

• Like 1

They can be beaten, their form has been patchy since they played us last. In their last 13 games in all comps since then they have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 6  scoring 17 and conceding 23

We have played 15 games since we last played in all comps and have won 6 drawn 2 and lost 7 scoring 15 and conceding 17

• Like 1

They can be beaten, their form has been patchy since they played us last. In their last 13 games in all comps since then they have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 6  scoring 17 and conceding 23

We have played 15 games since we last played in all comps and have won 6 drawn 2 and lost 7 scoring 15 and conceding 17

Jesus, they've been in pretty woeful form so

Jesus, they've been in pretty woeful form so

They have been in and out, they had a good win at Southampton and they beat Man Utd in this run, but they got whacked 3-1 by Blackburn inthe FA cup and they failed to beat Sunderland at home. They have lost their last two and we have won the last 3, I think we have a good chance

All our games will be tough even the home ones against Queens Park Rangers and Burnley. But I wouldn't say any of them are write offs. I think we're capable of getting points from every game.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

There will be disappointments I think, and we are still in deep shit. We look like we have what we need to get out of trouble though and that is thanks to the change in manager and very importantly coaching staff.

Swansea is a tough game which before our recent upturn you'd have been very happy to get a point from, if other results go our way a point will do here as well. Do we really think we'll win 3 league games on the bounce? Would be fantastic but lets not get carried away or too disappointed if we don't win. Obviously a win puts us in a stronger position regardless of other results as there's one less game for the others to catch us.

The test will be how we react if we get turned over, as the games that follow aren't going to be easy.

• Like 1

Our fixture list looks pretty brutal

Compared to Hull's really?

What would be the reaction on here if our last 5 home games were with Burnley, Arsenal, Man. United, Chelsea and Liverpool? I wouldn't expect many points from that run so I don't see why Hull are suddenly going to pick up a lot from that.

• Like 1

Swansea, QPR and Burnley I think are the games that decide our season, 7 points from those 3 should be plenty, we will pick up a few other points I'm confident(ish) where as under Lambert I felt we were absolute certs to go down. Momentum is huge in football and we have won 3 games on the spin against premiership sides and i think we can do Swansea on Saturday as well, UTV!