Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

If we beat swansea - we are (IMO) 1 win away from safety.  35 points was enough last year - 34 would be squeaky bum time - but I reckon would be enough. Burnley seen to spring the odd result - but so far don't seem able to win on a regular basis......heres hoping....

Swansea have absolutely nothing to play for - that said no manager sends his team out to roll over....The highest place team weve played under Sherwood..... 

Stoke are the highest placed.

Either way - they beat us - a little fortunately - even then there was an improvement.

I really fancy us to stay up if we beat Swansea. 

• Like 1

Confidence is with us, which is massive... but we're still in this.

I just hope the players keep their eye on the ball.

Our next six are:

Swansea H

Man Utd A

Tottenham A

FA Cup semi (probably Liverpool) WEMBLEY LA LA LAAA

Man City A

Everton H

It is very unlikely, but those are all loseable I think.

We'll suddenly have three games left afterwards.

Beat Swansea and I'll relax :D

Our next six are:

Swansea H

Man Utd A

Tottenham A

Man City A

Everton H

After Swansea, that is a very difficult set of fixtures. 3 points on Saturday would be absolutely huge.

Our next six are:

Swansea H

Man Utd A

Tottenham A

Man City A

Everton H

I have a feeling we will get something at Spurs, they would hate losing to Sherwood too

Our next six are:

Swansea H

Man Utd A

Tottenham A

Man City A

Everton H

You mean 5 games left. Burnley, QPR, West Ham at home. Southampton away. Arsenal at Wembley!!

I think Sunderland had a good chance of staying up even if they'd have kept Poyet, for the simple fact that they have quite a few winnable games left to play especially in comparison to teams like Hull and QPR.

Do they? I look at their away games, they ain't winning at Stoke, losses at Arsenal and Chelsea aswell. West Ham they might nick a point if they defend well. Not sure on Everton as I don't know if they play them around europa league games but I fancy Everton to finish the season strongly.

I have them getting at best 2 points from that lot.

They only have 4 home games left. Southampton you'd fancy to win up there if they still in CL shake up, draw if not. I fancy Palace to beat them aswell as like us they have quick wide players so they'll create plenty of chances on the counter attack.

I'll be generous and give them 4 points from Leicester and Newcastle home games as desperation sets in.

So 7 more points this season, 1 win and 4 draws which leaves them on 33 points. If we can't manage 5 more points this season with our momentum to finish above them we need shooting big time.

I had another look at their fixtures and they do look tougher than I'd remembered. The thing is if you look at Burnely's, QPR's and Hull's fixtures it's also hard to see where those teams are going to pick up points as well. So think Sunderland have a chance of finishing above those teams as do we.

Hull's are really tough tbh.

They don't really tend to win away games so you'd assume they'll rely on their home form...well it's Chelsea on Sunday followed by Arsenal, Liverpool, Burnley and Man. United on the last day. Oh dear. We can't really lose with the Burnley game either way and I think a draw or two at best from the other ones.

Their away games just for the record are Southampton, Spurs, Palace and Swansea so again there isn't a probably away win sticking out there.

The Burnley game is only one where I'd imagine that they might be favourites, I'm sure there's a chance they could get a few surprise results along the way, but I reckon we should have enough to finish above them.

Edited by useless

The Burnley game is only one where I'd imagine that they might be favourites, I'm sure there's a chance they could get a few surprise results along the way, but I reckon we should have enough to finish above them.

Yes but Burnley will be targeting that game as one of their winnables left (although as with their result on Saturday you never know when you'll pick up points) so Burnley losing that will be a massive blow to their survival bid.

• Like 1

I quite fancy these:

Swansea - W

Man Utd - W

Spurs - L

Man City - L

Everton - W

West Ham - D

Southampton - D

QPR - W

Burnley - D

United looking shaky, Everton not turning up in the Premier League, Southampton struggling for goals. I think we'll get some results we didn't expect.

I'm calling it thusly:

Swansea - D

Man U - L

Spurs - D

Man City - L

Everton - D

West Ham - W

Soton - D

QPR - W

Burnley - W

Unfortunately, whilst this would leave us almost safe come the end of the season, it would be squeaky bum time right up to the final curtain. I'm hoping my first prediction is on the pessimistic side. Getting three points from the Swansea game would be huge. 

I'm calling it thusly:

Swansea - D

Man U - L

Spurs - D

Man City - L

Everton - D

West Ham - W

Soton - D

QPR - W

Burnley - W

Unfortunately, whilst this would leave us almost safe come the end of the season, it would be squeaky bum time right up to the final curtain. I'm hoping my first prediction is on the pessimistic side. Getting three points from the Swansea game would be huge. 

Thats the pattern I see - win on saturday and we can all relax - knowing 1 more win would probably be enough to keep us up.

Loose\Draw - and we aren't doomed - But I would see it going to the wire - and with the cup as a distraction - who knows.

To be fair though - TS has said he is targetting safety prior to the cup semi final - So I would imagine he will have the players pretty focused for Saturday..

• Like 1

I am always a pessimist I know but I am still very worried about us - what with the April we've got.   That Burnley win on Saturday has really thrown a huge spanner in the works.  We would have been six points clear now otherwise.   What a huge slice of luck they had with Man C being denied a certain pen at the end - even that would have had us more than one win clear.   They will surely get a huge boost from that.  I'd like Burnley to stay up, yes, but NOT at our expense!    Got my ticket for Spurs though - would love to see Timmy put one over on his old club

I hadn't noticed that till today that 4 of our last 5 are at home. All are considered winnable taking into account form as of today too.

I don't think we can have any excuses. Fingers crossed we are safe by then!

A win Saturday and Burnley/Hull/Sunderland all fail to win and it is basically over.

• Like 1

Sunderland have appointed Dick Advocaat as manager.....

Whenever I hear the name Advocaat, I remember Euro 2004 where he substituted a rampaging Robben while up 2-1 against the Czech republic, effectively handing them the initiative and eventually losing the game 2-3.

This could be a good thing!

• Like 2