Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Not especially, the funny little logo on the shoulder is quirky I guess but it's not a massively important design feature of the home shirt.   They have definitely had some fun with the away kits, that is undeniable, but the home shirts have all been claret body with blue sleeves.  They "get" that claret is dark red too and not light purple.    Like I said above, I think we are overdue a crazy home shirt.  I'd totally go for a half and half design like the Hummel shirt, or what Crystal Palace had last season. 

F9HHz1Q.png

One year only of course, but all shirts are one year only these days anyway.   

Thats a hockey shirt,yuk.

While the concept of a Villa home shirt that isn't claret body and blue sleeves disgusts me in theory, i've become very jealous of West Ham's Adidas effort for this season, even without blue sleeves. It looks amazing, or at least it did until they had to patch over their existing sponsor.

I totally agree that we're due for a break from the norm. That said, I still don't feel like we've had a perfect archetypal Villa home shirt in the Premier League era. We've had a few absolutely brilliant away kits (including this season's), but I don't feel like we've absolutely nailed a home kit apart from maybe Nike's first acorns kit.

The only time I get annoyed at page breaks is when my post is referencing the one above it and I choose not to physically quote it. Then when I post, if mine goes to the top of the new page, I feel the need to go back and quote the post I'm referring to to give my post context.

I am very aware that there is the potential for this to happen right now...

EDIT - Okay, dodged a bullet there. Phew.

Edited by Ginko

Why a kindle edition would cost more than a paperback.

If you buy a physical book off Amazon, they should give you the download free. They did it for CDs, why not books? 

Why a kindle edition would cost more than a paperback.

If you buy a physical book off Amazon, they should give you the download free. They did it for CDs, why not books? 

The paperback is 6.99 and the download is 11.08. They must have their reasons (maybe the simplicity of ripping CDs) but it looks extortionate.

I don't get why anybody would pay anything, for any kind of digital download.

Principles?

In my opinion it's an awful cheek to ask people to pay for something that doesn't really exist in any kind of tangible form and in it's digital form can be copied infinitely.

I myself never pay for downloads, but then again I don't listen to them unless it's of a really old out of print record that would cost a bomb to buy. If you want to support artists then buy something tangible or go to a gig.

Support the artist, buy your physical art legitimately from hyper warehouse dispensing hubs and lease the downloads from internet based international tax dodgers.

**** the shopkeepers.

Edited by chrisp65

Â