Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Anyway

Baby on board sticker £200 fine and 3 points on your licence

Superstar / princess / future rockstar etc on board = £400 and 6 points

grandkids versions (or any other relative) £1000 fine and 3 month instant ban

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Completely unrelated, I don’t get how my missus manage to burn this omelette so much, it’s actually black on one side, not a bit brown but actually black

I will declare its loveliness and do the washing up shortly

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Completely unrelated, I don’t get how my missus manage to burn this omelette so much, it’s actually black on one side, not a bit brown but actually black

Did you drop a load of fag ash on it? 

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Serves you right for ordering breakfast food for an evening meal :) 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

A slightly less informative version. Still attention and presents and booze whilst the mum to be has to stay sober

I think my wife has a little wine spritzer at hers -- and canapés, etc. (This isn't her lol.) I do remember moms smoking pregnant in the 1970s without a second thought from anyone, but maybe that was just my world.

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Gender is fluid (as in a man made concept) so revealing that is temporary. The sex of the child is (almost) conclusive so surely it should be a sex reveal party, but I guess that just sounds like a paedo party. I never understood the wish for a boy or girl, I would just pray they were healthy.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

"Aww I knew it was going to be a ___."

It's a 50/50 guess you turnip.

Yes. This winds me up even more.

"My mom knew that my sister was having a girl and SHE thinks mine is a boy, so we're definitely having a boy"

She's guessing. Everyone is guessing.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2023 at 07:54, luckyeddie said:

Gender is fluid (as in a man made concept) so revealing that is temporary. The sex of the child is (almost) conclusive so surely it should be a sex reveal party, but I guess that just sounds like a paedo party. I never understood the wish for a boy or girl, I would just pray they were healthy.

Exactly this. It's a sex reveal party.

• Like 1

I know this is football related, but people and commentators losing their minds over 'outside of the foot' passes/shots.

I can't be the only person who finds this easy to do and, as such, not particularly impressive.

I don't mean people saying how good it looked, becasuse often it does. What I mean is the hyperbolic fawning over the technique ("How've they managed that?/Unbelievable technique!") type of stuff.

On 06/09/2023 at 10:17, Stevo985 said:

Yes. This winds me up even more.

"My mom knew that my sister was having a girl and SHE thinks mine is a boy, so we're definitely having a boy"

She's guessing. Everyone is guessing.

you've got morning sickness...its definitely a boy

you've got a sore back...its definitely a girl

your left tit is more swollen that your right tit....its definitely a girl

its all a load of guff, the guessing is bad enough, the "i knew it" shite when its a 50/50 guess is even worse

i found out for both of mine (no reveal party though, no baby shower either but that was more corona and them still not being that popular in Germany but they are coming) mainly for financial reasons, my daughter was 10 weeks premature but we were still ready, everything had been bought apart from obviously doll sized clothes that she then needed (and we kept a few of them, its insane, her toy doll now is literally wearing a tshirt my daughter wore when she was 2 months old)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I know this is football related, but people and commentators losing their minds over 'outside of the foot' passes/shots.

I can't be the only person who finds this easy to do and, as such, not particularly impressive.

I don't mean people saying how good it looked, becasuse often it does. What I mean is the hyperbolic fawning over the technique ("How've they managed that?/Unbelievable technique!") type of stuff.

Maradona was so good at it because he had size 5 feet. When you have large feet it becomes more difficult. I was alway scuffing the ball with my flippers😂

But yeah, I agree. A professional footballer should be able to use the inside and outside of both feet without some dipshit commentator spaffing themselves.

19 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

The messi one the other week was absolutely **** insane though

Â