Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Even on a roast?  Integral feature for me.

Nope. A waste of good roast potato space. 

I mean, I don't hate them, like I do - say - spinach. There's nothing to hate - or like. They're just bland. Like bread, but less so. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I mean, I don't hate them, like I do - say - spinach. There's nothing to hate - or like. They're just bland. Like bread, but less so. 

What’s wrong with spinach??? 

lovely with pasta, great in a curry! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

That’s why you pour an obscene amount of gravy into them……

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

What’s wrong with spinach??? 
lovely with pasta, great in a curry! 

Look, you must know by now I don't like curry. Spinach in curry is the perfect storm of vomitworthy repulsion. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

What I find pointless are Yorkshire puddings. Cannot see the point. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

They're just bland. Like bread, but less so. 

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Look, you must know by now I don't like curry.

To the Unpopular Opinions thread with you!

Get Out GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Look, you must know by now I don't like curry. Spinach in curry is the perfect storm of vomitworthy repulsion. 

You must come here one evening for one of my candle light suppers.

We have the last of the over winter kale which we’re using up recently by shredding it in to curries. Chicken and Kale curry. Chick pea and kale curry. Red lentil and kale Dahl.

Phwoar!

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I guess I could happily **** everything off and just have a plate of roast potatoes covered in gravy.  

I know I'm over giffing but

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, tinker said:

UK allows emergency use of bee-harming neonicotinoid pesticide

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60579670

It's just unbelievable that these type of decisions are being made, have the rullers of the UK completely lost the plot?

They have their own plot. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is kinda low hanging fruit, but commemorative coins. The type you might see Michael Buerk advertising. They’re typically tied in to some significant event like the 200th anniversary of Trafalgar or the first time the Queen mother visited Ascot or something.

I find myself wondering who’s buying them, are the people buying the “people’s war” (the Blitz) coin generally the same as the people buying a royal wedding coin? Someone who bought the coin commemorating the 70th anniversary of Dunkirk, would they feel the need to buy the coin commemorating the 80th anniversary?

Also how many people buy them because they just like collecting them, and how many believe they’re a solid investment as an inheritance maybe. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

This is kinda low hanging fruit, but commemorative coins. The type you might see Michael Buerk advertising. They’re typically tied in to some significant event like the 200th anniversary of Trafalgar or the first time the Queen mother visited Ascot or something.

I find myself wondering who’s buying them, are the people buying the “people’s war” (the Blitz) coin generally the same as the people buying a royal wedding coin? Someone who bought the coin commemorating the 70th anniversary of Dunkirk, would they feel the need to buy the coin commemorating the 80th anniversary?

Also how many people buy them because they just like collecting them, and how many believe they’re a solid investment as an inheritance maybe. 

Just an idea and it may not be exactly what you mean but when we went on the Wembly stadium tour I bought 2 coins commerating the first FA Cup and Englands 1966 world cup win.

• Like 1

Â