Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

On the topic of confectionery combos that don’t make any sense I got talked into trying one of those Reece’s peanut butter cups the other day and I don’t get the chocolate peanut butter combo AT ALL, dried my mouth and throat up horribly and tasted fowl…having said that sweets aren’t really my bag (diabetes probably plays a big role in that) but give me some nice fruit or berries any day

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Eidolon said:

On the topic of confectionery combos that don’t make any sense I got talked into trying one of those Reece’s peanut butter cups the other day and I don’t get the chocolate peanut butter combo AT ALL, dried my mouth and throat up horribly and tasted fowl…having said that sweets aren’t really my bag (diabetes probably plays a big role in that) but give me some nice fruit or berries any day

Love chocolate and peanut butter, great combination. Think of this everytime I eat it though. 

• Like 1

Yanks seemingly love peanut butter chocolate combos, always tons of them over there, not for me personally neither peanut butter and chocolate or yank chocolate in general

Love liquorice though, haribo do a lot of it here, maybe as many as 20 varieties including these which are probably my favourite jellied sweet 

XL1_haribo-vampire-200-g.jpg

Here's some:

1- How I can head out for a sarnie from Tesco or wherever at lunch and encounter people walking around shamelessly in slippers and pyjamas. The fact that its so skanky and advertises most times someone's not even showered yet by that time, or just thinks it doesn't look in any way Rough As. Is it a showoff thing, in a look-at-me-I'm-so-non-conformist way. I hate it. I try not to judge others but thus one really winds me up. And then there's the fact I have probably already been working for many hours to that point and these have just woken, i dunno. I really dont get it.

2- Sack no2 I give up because typing out no1 has p-d me off that much

• Like 1

Why when typing alphabetical lists does B) look like this? 

Makes me have to edit my post and change to a numbering system. What a stupid thing. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Why when typing alphabetical lists does B) look like this? 

Makes me have to edit my post and change to a numbering system. What a stupid thing. 

Because a capital B with an right round bracket is the shortcut for the  shades + smile 'cool' emoticon. 

You can get round it by leaving a space between them 

B ) 

But I agree, it's annoying. 

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Because a capital B with an right round bracket is the shortcut for the  shades + smile 'cool' emoticon. 

You can get round it by leaving a space between them 

B ) 

But I agree, it's annoying. 

This is why all of my lettered lists on this forum have square brackets [ ] nowadays.

• Like 3

On 09/01/2022 at 15:22, Eidolon said:

On the topic of confectionery flavours ... well, dessert flavours ... that don't make sense but DO work, banana & peanut butter milkshakes. I like both separately, and when I saw it on a menu I feared the worst, but had to try. Heavenly.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

On the topic of confectionery flavours ... well, dessert flavours ... that don't make sense but DO work, banana & peanut butter milkshakes. I like both separately, and when I saw it on a menu I feared the worst, but had to try. Heavenly.

BOFs inevitable next step into banana and peanut butter heaven

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

What a ridiculous short cut, a commonly used combination. 

If it annoys the anally retentive list makers it can't all bad :mrgreen:

PS if you look up when creating a post and see a little icon with numbers and lines.... it creates an indented numbered for you (or just bullets if you prefer), alphabetical lists are so limiting ;)

its even easier than what you are going and looks neater too

Leave the shortcuts alone and learn to be a smart poster :D 

1. Look see what I did?
  2. And again
  3. Aaaaaand again
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

If it annoys the anally retentive list makers it can't all bad :mrgreen:

PS if you look up when creating a post and see a little icon with numbers and lines.... it creates an indented numbered for you (or just bullets if you prefer), alphabetical lists are so limiting ;)

its even easier than what you are going and looks neater too

Leave the shortcuts alone and learn to be a smart poster :D 

1. Look see what I did?
  2. And again
  3. Aaaaaand again

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Â