Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Well, personally, I wouldn't drink lager at all, but if the issue is alcohol content and/or price I'd just drink the best stuff, but less of it. I can't see the point of drinking shite just for the sake of drinking.

Carlsberg Export is acceptable

Indeed it is.  One of my preferred standard lagers which is surprising considering how much I hate Carlsberg.

Villa switching Heineken for Carlsberg was very upsetting.

I'll always drink a better lager even if it's a work/school night. I would never drink pish because I was watching my head the next day. 

Saying that, my favourite beer at the moment is Kozel and that's only 4%.

Loads of British people in this thread, and loads of lager talk? You have a plethora of lovely Ales and Stouts, drink it for goodness sake.

• Like 4

A nice lager is nicer than any Ale I've ever had.

I'm the complete opposite :D

I like Ale, but the fuss around it by some people annoys me.

Snobbery, it's mostly annoying for all things

I just drink Corona really, think most largers are shite.

You think most lagers are shite and you drink one that needs fruit put in it. Maybe you just don't really like lager ;):P
  • Like 1

I'll always drink a better lager even if it's a work/school night. I would never drink pish because I was watching my head the next day. 

Saying that, my favourite beer at the moment is Kozel and that's only 4%.

my favourite also

Lager in the summer definitely. There's a time and place for ales and stouts too though.

Not so much seasonal for me as it is personal mood or thirst. It's obviously Guinness by default otherwise in lagerland I'm a Heineken man myself.

Loads of British people in this thread, and loads of lager talk? You have a plethora of lovely Ales and Stouts, drink it for goodness sake.

The viking feller speaks the truth. Last pint of lager I drank was a couple of weeks ago, after labouring on a hot day - Sam Smith's organic lager (brewed to German purity laws). It's very nice, but a rare change from draught ale for me. The best lager beats bad ale, but nothing beats good ale.
  • Like 3

If I'm drinking lager, it's going to be premium stuff, and probably going to be German or Czech. I'll drink what ever the local brew is, if I'm abroad, and there's no non lager alternative. On the very rare occasion I drink generic 4% lager, it's probably at the football.

• Like 3

The problem with German larger (as I found in Berlin) was that many of them are pilsners, which are pretty sour after-tasting to me.

In the end, I was drinking Budvar (Czech), which I find much more palatable.

Just drink what you like, whether it be Carling or Leffe, it doesn't really matter.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

I just drink Corona really, think most largers are shite.

Corona is nothing special.

But in mexico the hotel we were at only served Dos Equis (shite). Eventually I went to a bar and they served me an ice cold Corona. It was **** glorious after drinking that other stuff for a week!

Corona is tasteless pisswater. 

Ales are lovely in the winter or with food. Lager is lovely in the Summer when very very hot. 

Belgian Weissbeer is the finest thing of all. 

Wheat beers are alright, out of a small bottle and not 2 litre steins as we were being given in Berlin, a quarter/third of one of those things is enough.

Then you get some massive 25st, peanut-headed Austrian downing one in one huge gulp, with his giant hand being strong enough to lift the glass like it was a packet of wotsits.

crazy bastard.

Â