Pre-match thread

roonst83

I thought it was funny how Lambert used Big Sam as an example of why its not a good idea to sack a manager whose team is not performing. Conveniently forgot about the hundreds of times a teams form picks up after the manager is replaced.

Well under that logic you should never sack a manager.

You go with the evidence that you have and try to find a candidate that is better (given our current form it's not that hard).

But we have Lerner at the helm and I know that is probably the biggest problem - he won't get it right.

I honestly think with these goons in charge he could lose the next 10 and still be in a job

That is honestly a concern of mine. I'm not desperate to see Lambert go because I do think he is working under ridiculous restraints but I also do think that the recent run in particular would see any other manager at any other club sacked, just not this one.

Merson is right about Gabby

What did he say?

Said that he made a mistake for one of the Spuds goals and he looked somewhat disengaged, perhaps because he was a substitute. Said he needs to be at his best because when he is at his best, we are at our best - I have to agree, especially with our style of play.

I would hate to loose this, but somehow a 7th loss for Lambert surely edges him closer to being sacked, so I'm a little split!!!

How can any fan be split about this game? A 7th loss in a row plunges us further into the shit and it's as simple as that.

Its early days stil time turn it around, but I have evidence Lambert will struggle!