Pre-match thread

roonst83

Just looking at that west ham line up fills me with jealousy

I'd kill for the quality of Song, Valencia, Sakho and even Downing and Noble in our team.

Jealous of West Ham. How low we have fallen

Or how far West Ham have risen...

Ah yes that's the reason. We're actually not that bad, it's just other teams are getting better.

I never actually said that.

I'd kill for the quality of Song, Valencia, Sakho and even Downing and Noble in our team.

You don't think we've gallen mantis? West ham have certainly improved but we've massively dropped as a club these last few years.

Of course we have - where did I say that wasn't the case? You just hear this "how we've fallen" mantra repeated so many times but often I think that's only half of it. With some teams (and West Ham are one of them) it's a combination of us declining and them getting better.

The first 11 is pretty much a case of same old same old isn't it and with that in mind no one should be surprised if the end result is as it has been the last couple of months. Aside from the manager maybe.

The bench lacks potential game changers aside from Cole. Why we have two centre backs on the bench and yet Grealish can't get a place in the 18 is beyond me. I can only assume has has been/is injured.

His brother (twitter) has said he is fully fit.

5-0 West Ham and Lambert sacked will do for me.

It will actually make me sad if we win because it means Lambert gets another 7 games to try get win or a few draws. Long term we need him out, the quicker we get smashed by West Ham and Southampton might speed up him being sacked so I am all for it.

**** the managerial situation, I never want to see us lose.

Well yes, so its a sign of how far we've fallen. Teams that we used to be ahead of now flying past us. It could be down to them or us but its still showing how far we've fallen.

As I said, it's also a sign of how well West Ham have done. I think there are many teams right now that are envying them.

Edited by Mantis

Ah yes that's the reason. We're actually not that bad, it's just other teams are getting better.

You don't think we've gallen mantis? West ham have certainly improved but we've massively dropped as a club these last few years.

Of course we have - where did I say that wasn't the case? You just hear this "how we've fallen" mantra repeated so many times but often I think that's only half of it. With some teams (and West Ham are one of them) it's a combination of us declining and them getting better.

And having a god awful manager with terrible tactics, no ability to make game changing decisions.

Alladyce to out smart Lambert tatically, although he only has to watch re-runs of our last 6 games...

It's not hard to outsmart Lambert. All he has to do is pick his team and then wait 70 minutes for two predictable subs, then just sit back and defend.

We played really good against Spurs so I can understand us putting out the same team minus Benteke, the issue is whether the manager can get the team to perform to a high level again. We have been unlucky in the last 2 games, the players have given their all and have shown the fight required to win games. We just need a break today!!

• Like 1

No but it's what you are implying and I think that's what most people would read from that comment.

• Like 1

No but it's what you are implying and I think that's what most people would read from that comment.

Yeah, I did. It's never really clear what is meant. It always comes across like it is implied, which of course is always denied and argued.