Pre-match thread

roonst83

No but it's what you are implying and I think that's what most people would read from that comment.

I wasn't implying that at all. If I thought we hadn't declined and that it was all just a case of other teams getting better than I would've said so.

Unfortunately it seems like for some it has to be one or the other - if you don't think our envy of West Ham is entirely down to our decline then that must mean you think that we haven't declined at all, apparently.

Edited by Mantis

You know things are bad when people are arguing over bloody semantics in the pre-match thread.

Haha so true. Nothing else to argue about because I think we're all in agreement about how bored we are with this manager and team.

No but it's what you are implying and I think that's what most people would read from that comment.

I wasn't implying that at all. If I thought we hadn't declined and that it was all just a case of other teams getting better than I would've said so.

Unfortunately it seems like for some it has to be one or the other - if you don't think our envy of West Ham is entirely down to our decline then that must mean you think that we haven't declined at all, apparently.

I think pointing out that West Ham have improved is just trying to minimise the problem this club has. Their "improvement" is such a tiny factor that it shouldn't be mentioned IMO.

But anyway onto the match, we've got enough problems already!

I think pointing out that West Ham have improved is just trying to minimise the problem this club has. Their "improvement" is such a tiny factor that it shouldn't be mentioned IMO.

But anyway onto the match, we've got enough problems already!

I don't think it's trying to minimise the problem - I was just giving the other side. I don't think it's a tiny factor either as many teams are probably looking at West Ham with envy right now.

I would hate to loose this, but somehow a 7th loss for Lambert surely edges him closer to being sacked, so I'm a little split!!!

How can any fan be split about this game? A 7th loss in a row plunges us further into the shit and it's as simple as that.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I do find it strange that it appears that some fans seem to hate Lambert so much that they are almost hoping that we lose so he might get sacked.

Utterly bizarre.

He's just a shit manager who has served up crap for years now. Any other manager would have been sacked ages ago.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better and they will never ever get better with Lambert in charge.

• Like 1

I do find it strange that it appears that some fans seem to hate Lambert so much that they are almost hoping that we lose so he might get sacked.

Utterly bizarre.

He's just a shit manager who has served up crap for years now. Any other manager would have been sacked ages ago.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better and they will never ever get better with Lambert in charge.

I'm not disagreeing, but i'd rather he manage to turn it around rather than us have to lose even more so he gets sacked and then be replaced by someone else who will still have to work under the suffocating restraints that Lambert has had too.

Utterly bizarre.

I'm not sure us losing for the 7th time in a row and possibly falling into the relegation zone will help things get better either.

Utterly bizarre.

I liked a post that gave a fictional scenario of Lambert getting the sack if we lose. I don't want us to lose in reality. But losing and getting a new manager in would, imo, over the rest of the season result in more points than say scraping a draw today and having Lambert remain in charge all season.

Utterly bizarre.

I liked a post that gave a fictional scenario of Lambert getting the sack if we lose. I don't want us to lose in reality. But losing and getting a new manager in would, imo, over the rest of the season result in more points than say scraping a draw today and having Lambert remain in charge all season.

But that in itself is a fictional scenario.