Pre-match thread

roonst83

Leave weimann up front. Tell gabby to stay at home.

----------guzan---------

Hutton vlaar senderos cissokho

Bacuna cleverly Westwood grealish

--------weimann bent-------------

• Like 1

2-0 Villa win.

N'Zogbia to start behind Weimann, is how I would go, but I am sure Gabby will come back in and we will see a 4-4-2 with N'Zogbia and Cleverley wide, with Westwood and Sanchez central.

Hopefully Senderos can come back in too.

--------------Guzan---------------

Hutton--Vlaar--Baker--Lowton

-------Sanchez--Westwood------

----------------Cole------------------

N'Zogbia----------------Grealish

-------------Weimann--------------

Would love to see this team, but I know Cleverley and Gabby won't be dropped and neither will Grealish start. Sigh, there's nothing to lose at this poitn so Lambert might as well try something different.

• Like 2

I took a major positive from the Spurs game: Villa have found the attitude and spitting violence that has been absent for so long. Ok, so Tekkers took it too far, but watching Andi get angry put a massive smile on my face :twisted:

A p*ssed off Weiman and a p*ssed off Agbonlahor, in my eyes are going to be a threat. Ok, so we're not going to thrash them 5-0, but I can feel it in me bones... we might nick this if they channel that energy properly.

Disappointing results + anger at being robbed in the last game + Keano effect (attitude / spitting violence) = I predict a riot.

(A lot of people at my workplace are Hammers fans and I'm really gutted this one isn't being televised :( )

This is one of those games where everyone will take west ham on their accumulator. You put it down as an easy one and it's always that one that lets you down.

For that reason, i'm going for a villa win, or at least a draw.

Xactly. West ham are on a good run of form that wont continue. There is no reason why we cant stop that, with or without benteke

Fancy us to win this, 2-0 maybe? Purely because I don't expect Spam to turn up at their best as they'll expect an easy turnover. I'd like to see Weimann and Gabby up front as out and out central strikers, not wing forwards as neither of them can play down the flanks.

------------------Guzan-------------------

--Lowton--Vlaar---Baker--Cissoko---

-----------------Sanchez-----------------

----------Cleverly------Cole-------------

-----N'Zogbia----------------Grealish--

------------------Weimann---------------

I want Lambert to change the formation to a flat 4-4-2, but that won't happen. Could easily go Grealish/Bacuna and N'Zogbia on the wings with Weimann and Bent/Gabby up top. 

I took a major positive from the Spurs game: Villa have found the attitude and spitting violence that has been absent for so long. Ok, so Tekkers took it too far, but watching Andi get angry put a massive smile on my face :twisted:

A p*ssed off Weiman and a p*ssed off Agbonlahor, in my eyes are going to be a threat. Ok, so we're not going to thrash them 5-0, but I can feel it in me bones... we might nick this if they channel that energy properly.

Disappointing results + anger at being robbed in the last game + Keano effect (attitude / spitting violence) = I predict a riot.

(A lot of people at my workplace are Hammers fans and I'm really gutted this one isn't being televised :( )

=Crystal Meth  :D