Paul Lambert

limpid

Many have mentioned potential pay offs for these two. I doubt they were earning a great deal in Premier League football terms.

They wont need to be paid off if they are proven to be in the wrong.

Of course, the point is they probably earn annually what some players earn in a month. It's not like having to shell out millions to ex managers.

You have to prove they are unfit to do the job.

At the risk of returning to an already well ploughed furrow, I don't think that's right. As Dale said, one would have to be demonstrably fair in the way in which the dismissal on grounds of capability was decided.

That doesn't equate to proving that someone is unfit to do the job.

Some time after Lambert was appointed manager I remember reading an interview with him when he talked about MON being his "mentor." He spoke of his intention to be an "office manager" in the same way that MON was because he believed that keeping a distance between players and manager bred the "fear factor" which led to respect. PL may well not be complicit in the behaviour of his two management assistants, but his inability to spot the problems developing and do something about it make him culpable. I hope that players respond to his hands on approach as of today, but I  would be surprised if he isn't held accountable for his failure to "manage" when the season ends.

• Like 2

You have to prove they are unfit to do the job.

At the risk of returning to an already well ploughed furrow, I don't think that's right. As Dale said, one would have to be demonstrably fair in the way in which the dismissal on grounds of capability was decided.

That doesn't equate to proving that someone is unfit to do the job.

My ex-colleague is going through an unfair dismissal case right now and been told they can't fill her job if she is seen as fit to do it.

A way round it is to change the 'role', job title even or job description.

Have read through this thread all night and no-one has mentioned tactics.

Lambert must have instructed Culverhouse and Karsa how he wanted the team to play and which players he wanted in the team on match day. Does anyone seriously believe that Lambert had no input in that. If they do then what in hell is the point in having a manager in the first place?

Unless Lambert has a twin he has also attended all 1st team games this season and if the team wasn't playing to his instruction due to poor training methods then why has he left it so late to react with a more hands on approach himself if the coaching staff were having such a detrimental affect on results. I mean ultimately the manager carries the can for poor results and Lambert's reputation has also been tarnished.

This is all very strange indeed and the shit has hit the fan (literally) when Lambert's job has come under intense scrutiny while losing fan support.

Everyone at Norwich must be laughing their little legs off at this and could you blame them?

• Like 2

My ex-colleague is going through an unfair dismissal case right now and been told they can't fill her job if she is seen as fit to do it.

A way round it is to change the 'role', job title even or job description.

It's very off topic but it doesn't sound as though that is any counter to what I said.

What disappoints me is the fact that Faulkner aka Lerner has not seen fit to act until the sh*t really hit the fan at Palace on saturday. It seems obvious that no action would have been forthcoming if Villa had won the match and moved on to 37 points. The action that Lerner/Faulkner took today needed to happen, but in my opinion it would not have happened without saturday's defeat. What does that tell us about our owners mindset?

Truly incredible day in the life of Aston Villa Football Club. Some of the insights which have begun to emerge from the likes of Trent, the Bells are Ringing forum, the Telegraph and the Mirror are both fascinating, terrifying and almost beyond comprehension at the same time. The Club has been in absolute chaos and my only surprise is that much of this was kept so quiet for so long.

It hasn't really changed my viewpoint on Paul Lambert and I'm 99% sure he's not up for the job however, if what we've heard is true, I do actually agree with the decision to keep Lambert in charge for these last five games at least to see if the removal of Culverhouse and Karsa brings about any renewed drive and confidence in the team. We could literally speculate until the end of the world about who is responsible for what in this sorry, sorry saga but the truth is we still know very much the basics and all today has proven is what a complex situation there is at Villa at the moment.

We can all argue and fight like children on here during the week, that is people's prerogative. However, I urge anyone going to Southampton on Saturday to get 110% behind the club, team and manager to ensure we get these crucial 3 points. The inquest into this season can begin once we're safe but, apologies if I sound like Faulkner here, we do need to all pull together and do our bit, as we always do when the going gets tough. We need an atmosphere like Chelsea this season and Sunderland last season in a very similar high-pressured game which we ran out clear winners in the end. I'll be fuming if there's anyone spreading negativity in the stands on match day because the players clearly need a helping hand - us fans have proved time and time again we can provide that help when we really want.

UTV! Keep the faith!

Great post VillaAndloyal - & yes. You do sound like Paul Faulkner & at last you've come round to my way of thinking too.

One out of two ain't bad. ;)

Take a bow son! Take a bow.

• Like 1

I have to laugh at the majority of posters naivety here.

The revelations coming out of Villa park.

Is any body really truly, truly shocked?

The same as when the two Baggies players had a bust up a couple of weeks ago.

This is the reality of the professional football industry.

It goes on behind the scenes at every single club.

In the midst of a relegation battle passions run high, things get said & matters get out of control.

In reality it's just human nature.

Ultimately too, it is all positive, because every thing is now out in the open, so hopefully we can all rally round & all move on.

Um, it clearly doesn't happen at every club, Villa Revolution.

Unless I've just failed to notice that every other club has suspended and launched disciplinary enquiries into their manager's hand-picked coaching staff.

Let's face it, AVFC under Lerner stand alone in their ability to create ****-ups on this scale.

Still, I will leave you to enjoy your chuckling at the "naivety" of the generality of Villa fans.

• Like 3

Â