Paul Lambert

limpid

Never said that would've happened.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to add that then?

Just pointing out that bringing Holt on can hardly be called a bad decision, especially in a key game like that.

Just pointing out that bringing Holt on can hardly be called a bad decision, especially in a key game like that.

You missed the context of the original discussion then. It was more about who wasn't brought on.

You missed the context of the original discussion then. It was more about who wasn't brought on.

No I didn't miss the context at all, I was just saying that IMO it was the correct decision not to bring a youngster on in that particular game.

No I didn't miss the context at all, I was just saying that IMO it was the correct decision not to bring a youngster on in that particular game.

If it wasn't the correct time when we are cruising to a 4-1 victory then it never will be in your opinion.

If it wasn't the correct time when we are cruising to a 4-1 victory then it never will be in your opinion.

As I said, for this particular game I wouldn't have felt it was the right time. If we go 4-1 up against Palace on Saturday for example then I think that would be a much better time.

It tickles me how another villa website has a title " not a good time to be a villan" .....as if we are some kind of Haley's comet that comes around from time to time.

do they not get it .....Its mismanagemant on a major scale.

Thats why we are where we are, not some seasonal or annual merry go round of luck.

Luck plays a much bigger part in football than you're giving it credit for. The intangible is much more interesting but also much more frustrating.

Althou winning the Next Gen was a fun bonusFWIW this is my biggest bug bear with lambert. Why the hell is he not blooding young players when he has the opportunity? Spurs were 4-1 up on Monday and gave an 18 year old his debut. They gave Kane his full debut on a winnable game. It infuriates me so much.

Answered your own question there Stefan......

point being we were 4-1 up against Norwich and was never a chance of Robinson coming on

even worse is that Fulham are playing 2 kids in a relegation battle, why hasn't Robinson got any game time when he just sits on bench

It's about time someone blamed the fans for our predicament. Doesn't seem to have been done for a couple of hours.

I don't recall anyone on here ever blaming the fans for our predicament.

Performances at home were blamed on a lack of support and pressure from the stands. Since our home form has been a major contributing factor to our predicament as you call it then its safe to say the poster's point was correct.

I think there's a big difference between pointing out that negativity from the home fans has an effect and actually blaming the fans for the club's predicament - people often get the two mixed up it seems.
No mix up at all as one contributes to the other.

Althou winning the Next Gen was a fun bonusFWIW this is my biggest bug bear with lambert. Why the hell is he not blooding young players when he has the opportunity? Spurs were 4-1 up on Monday and gave an 18 year old his debut. They gave Kane his full debut on a winnable game. It infuriates me so much.

point being we were 4-1 up against Norwich and was never a chance of Robinson coming on

even worse is that Fulham are playing 2 kids in a relegation battle, why hasn't Robinson got any game time when he just sits on bench

Do we have to slag Lambert off for everythnig now? He unlike any other manager I'm aware of attends every U21 game. I'm sure he knows exactly if the kid is ready. Maybe being in and amongst the first team is enough at the moment to settle in.

Kane for example has been in and around the first team for yrs and now only is getting a chance.

The hype surrounding our next gen kids is ridiculous.

I don't think it's hype that the poster or posters are referring to its probably something to do with trying to blood our youngsters at the right time to see if they can cut the mustard at Premiership level.

It might also have something to do with our younger players not being any worse than some in the first team and if one or two can come through then it would let Lambert spent his limited budget elsewhere.

It might also have something to do with our younger players not being any worse than some in the first team and if one or two can come through then it would let Lambert spent his limited budget elsewhere.

You absolutely can't pass judgement on this (unless you're a youth/first team coach at Villa or something?).  It's just another stick to beat Lambert with.  If he was playing kids and still losing 4-1 etc, people would be here saying "why the hell is he playing the **** kids?!  This is the Premier League!".

FWIW, I'd have given a couple of fringe players a run out in a relatively pressure free game against Fulham so I AM in favour of playing some of our youngsters.  I just don't think the manager is particularly in the wrong for not doing it.

• Like 1

It's about time someone blamed the fans for our predicament. Doesn't seem to have been done for a couple of hours.

I don't recall anyone on here ever blaming the fans for our predicament.
Performances at home were blamed on a lack of support and pressure from the stands. Since our home form has been a major contributing factor to our predicament as you call it then its safe to say the poster's point was correct.
I think there's a big difference between pointing out that negativity from the home fans has an effect and actually blaming the fans for the club's predicament - people often get the two mixed up it seems.
No mix up at all as one contributes to the other.

There's quite a big difference. I don't think I've seen anyone here try and "blame" the fans for the current predicament.

Do we have to slag Lambert off for everythnig now? He unlike any other manager I'm aware of attends every U21 game. I'm sure he knows exactly if the kid is ready. Maybe being in and amongst the first team is enough at the moment to settle in.

Kane for example has been in and around the first team for yrs and now only is getting a chance.

The hype surrounding our next gen kids is ridiculous.

other teasm don't have this problem though. bigger teams are playing young lads and they are getting vital experience look at Sterling, Januzaj, Flanagan, Stones, Barkley. Who is to say Grealish or Robinson wouldn't have made same impact this season

Because in those teams they are playing along side vastly experienced players. You can't throw kids in along side other inexperienced players, who have they got to learn off? I would like to see them a bit more off the bench instead of Bowery/Tonev but it is very risky to think about them starting games.

Edited by sellbydate

Because in those teams they are playing along side vastly experienced players. You can't throw kids in along side other inexperienced players, who have they got to learn off? I would like to see them a bit more off the bench instead of Bowery/Tonev but it is very risky to think about them starting games.

This, essentially. It's all well and good mentioning players from Liverpool, Everton and Man Utd but we're nowhere near that level right now. 

Â