Paul Lambert

limpid

Based on the last 4 and the last 2 under lambert it wouldn't be ridiculous to suggest a similar one, the evidence is there. Fairplay to anyone who is optimistic at this point though.

He's had a massive rebuilding job and he's been restricted financially. If some of those restrictions are relaxed then who knows what might happen.

I never even mentioned being optimistic - I just said you can't claim to know what will happen in the future. Why does everything have to be black and white?

Because its villa? Its usually that way. Again im not claiming to know what will happen as a fact it was just a saying suggesting we know whats likely coming. Easing of financial restrictions wont suddenly make an average manager a good one either and thats even if they are lifted.

If anybody thinks there is a chance Lerner will spend big in the summer then they really are deluding themselves IMO. Can anybody remind me of the last time the clubs owner decided to attend a game? Is this the actions of an owner that gives a shit about how successful the club are? If he had never attended a game in the whole time he was in charge it would be a different matter. But the guys used to be there pretty much every week in the early years.

He sells and we have new owners then things could be different. Otherwise there is no evidence what so ever to suggest Lerner has any ambition for Villa higher than staying in the premier league and generating the income that status continues to do so.

To believe any different is just setting yourself up for disappointment over and over again.

• Like 2

Let's see: Lambert's three "Random foreigners" signed in the summer:

One was an effective goalscorer before breaking his leg.

One was a brilliant defender before doing his ACL.

One was a versatile CM/RB who has scored more goals at RB than anyone else.

A pretty good record by any standards, except if you somehow manage to forget that people who are injured can't play football.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

If Lambert is sacked I will be optimistic. If he stays we are **** and we can expect some more league 2 players and random foreigners in the summer .

If Lambert is sacked and Lerner is still in charge. We will probably be a Championship team by 2016

• Like 2

I have given up on caring who is in charge, this idiot's as bad as the last one with his boring tactic's however without serious money we will continue to be one of the league's whipping boy's.

A pretty good record by any standards, except if you somehow manage to forget that people who are injured can't play football.

Well, that's one way of looking at it.

Another is that it's impossible to say that Okore is brilliant.  It's also impossible to say that he's crap, given that he's only played a few minutes.

Interesting use of the word "versatile" for Bacuna.   You could have saved yourself a few keystrokes though and just said "crap".

As for Kozak, he scored a few goals, but apart from that his all round play looks limited.  Still played too little to say one way or the other though, like Okore.  In any case, he wasn't the player we were, and still are, crying out for.

Then of course there's Tonev......

• Like 2

Another is that it's impossible to say that Okore is brilliant.  It's also impossible to say that he's crap, given that he's only played a few minutes.

Interesting use of the word "versatile" for Bacuna.   You could have saved yourself a few keystrokes though and just said "crap".

As for Kozak, he scored a few goals, but apart from that his all round play looks limited.  Still played too little to say one way or the other though, like Okore.  In any case, he wasn't the player we were, and still are, crying out for.

Okore is a brilliant prospect, he even played football before joining Aston Villa Football Club, shocking I know.

Bacuna has played right back, right midfield, centre midfield, centre attacking midfield a la number 10, left back and left midfield since joining us. He played in many roles at Groningen too. Versatile is certainly the word to use.

Kozak had the best shot/goal and shot/on-target ratio out of all of our players before getting injured, was also the top scorer in the Europa League last season.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

If Lambert is sacked I will be optimistic. If he stays we are **** and we can expect some more league 2 players and random foreigners in the summer .

If Lambert is sacked and Lerner is still in charge. We will probably be a Championship team by 2016

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

That's the beauty of football

Ok but see saying "brilliant prospect" is very different to saying hes a "brilliant defender".

I wasn't the one who said he is a brilliant defender but I do agree, I just don't get the point of slating the likes of Kozak or saying that Bacuna is simply 'crap' because it has been evident that it isn't the case.

Oh well, I honestly think some people on here would be glad if we went down just so they have something to moan about or say "hey I told you so!"

Lambert isn't get sacked today, tomorrow, next week, next month or even going in to next season, I can guarantee you all that right now. So surely it makes sense to just get behind him and the team?

• Like 1

Okore is a brilliant prospect, he even played football before joining Aston Villa Football Club, shocking I know.

Bacuna has played right back, right midfield, centre midfield, centre attacking midfield a la number 10, left back and left midfield since joining us. He played in many roles at Groningen too. Versatile is certainly the word to use.

Kozak had the best shot/goal and shot/on-target ratio out of all of our players before getting injured, was also the top scorer in the Europa League last season.

I don't dispute that Bacuna has played in a lot of positions.  He's been crap in every position.  And having the best shot ratio in the current Villa side?  Not saying much at all.  How many league goals did Kozak score last season?

I don't dispute that Bacuna has played in a lot of positions.  He's been crap in every position.  And having the best shot ratio in the current Villa side?  Not saying much at all.  How many league goals did Kozak score last season?

How many league games did Kozak start last season?

I don't dispute that Bacuna has played in a lot of positions.  He's been crap in every position. 

Yes, he has been the most shocking waste of £800k in the history of football. And he thinks he is so clever whenever he gets the ball in the goal, it makes my blood boil.

• Like 4

How dare Leandro Bacuna score goals and play pretty consistently when out of position in his first season in a new country and league. What a waste.

Anybody would think he has scored 1 goal less than Agbonlahor and Weimann put together

• Like 2

Back in the summer Lambert got slaughtered on here for letting Bent go to Fulham.

Today Bent is on the bench, overlooked in place of a 17 year old kid making his debut. So that is 3 managers of Fulham this season that haven't wanted Bent in their side.

I can't help but feel Lambert got this one right, yet its never mentioned.

• Like 2

Showed he has no tactical nonce at all again today. After a 4-1 hammering last week he plays the same formation and the same players (baring injury) who looked totally inept.

He should have gone 442 and given the defense some protection. Even though Man U are shite this year they are still way better than us. We should of frustrated them, especially after we took the lead. He obviously can't coach a back four as most of our player watch the ball or man instead of watching for danger and covering their area of the pitch.

He then takes Albrighton off and leaves Weimann on? Did anyone else see Weimann do anything today? At least Albrighton tried to created something.

We won't replace him this season but we seriously need to look at it in the summer.

Saying that, if we beat Fulham next week I think we will be safe.

#Lambertout

Didn't you say this already? Only about an hour ago?

Isn't he allowed to keep the same opinion, or do you expect him to change it?

I have not seen the whole game only fragments, but what I saw gave me the feeling that if Benteke had just scored on one of his chances - we would gotten something out of the game. Don't think we can blame Lamberts tactics for the goals we conceded.

Â