Paul Lambert

limpid

Anyway...

What managers our there could we attract, and what do those who might want PL out do when Lerner sticks by him?

I'm not sure were a great attraction to a a manager right now but that doesn't mean someone doing a poor job should keep his job by default. We all know he'll big in the dugout come august and we all know we'll have a similar season again next year so all this is rather pointless. I guarantee were all here next january talking about the exact same things, need investment, poor football, shit results, poor budget signings taking all stick etc etc.

Anyway...

What managers our there could we attract, and what do those who might want PL out do when Lerner sticks by him?

I'm not sure were a great attraction to a a manager right now but that doesn't mean someone doing a poor job should keep his job by default. We all know he'll big in the dugout come august and we all know we'll have a similar season again next year so all this is rather pointless. I guarantee were all here next january talking about the exact same things, need investment, poor football, shit results, poor budget signings taking all stick etc etc.

Speak for yourself.

Anyway...

I think you are correct. I just want to see how those who want him gone would solve the problems, there is no guarantee there would be better performances, no wage budget rise, no extra money to improve the squad and no ambition from the top.

we maybe a little better off than last year but the bottom line is our performances are arguably worse even if we have pulled off a few decent results against some of the bigger clubs.

you could forgive some of last years dire performances because it was a new team and all the experienced players had been kicked into touch.

but this season there is just no consistency anywhere in the team, Delph and Guzan could just about hold their heads up high - the rest have lurched from insipid mediocrity to one impressive performance every ten games. No momentum ever gets built because when the luck goes against us our confidence goes immediately and rarely returns easily.

this no longer feels like the club that over twenty years ago I started supporting.

no-one respects us, if this continues we could end up being depicted the same as Bolton, Leeds or Wigan, or various other unfashionable stubborn turds that eventually get flushed after years of mismanagement at every level.

Edited by VillanousOne

Anyway...

Speak for yourself.

Yea its only been 4 consecutive seasons of the same tripe, i've seen loads of signs to suggest next season will be much better.

Anyway...

Speak for yourself.

Yea its only been 4 consecutive seasons of the same tripe, i've seen loads of signs to suggest next season will be much better.

None of us know what will happen next season. At least wait and see how the summer goes before claiming to know how the season will pan out.

Bang on about progression bla bla bla... its ludicrous to suggest. I asked numerous people today (friends and friends of friends etc) and every single one of them believes we are WORSE than we were last year. Lambert is out of his depth. I want and wanted him to succeed, but he is clueless im afraid.

If we're worse then how come we're in a lot better position than we were this time last season?

There hasn't been a season like this where so many teams are on similar points

You'll find that at this stage of the season almost every single season is similar to this one. This season is certainly not an exception to any rule in the bottom half

Based on the last 4 and the last 2 under lambert it wouldn't be ridiculous to suggest a similar one, the evidence is there. Fairplay to anyone who is optimistic at this point though.

He's had a massive rebuilding job and he's been restricted financially. If some of those restrictions are relaxed then who knows what might happen.

I never even mentioned being optimistic - I just said you can't claim to know what will happen in the future. Why does everything have to be black and white?

• Like 1

Â