Paul Lambert

limpid

Yep, we deserved to lose after:

1) Making stupid schoolboy errors at the back.

2) Missing guilt edged chance after guilt edged chance.

It depends whether one sees those 2 things as luck or as ineptitude to whether it was a harsh scoreline or not.

• Like 1

Alan Hutton to Scotland is far different to what Petrov is to Bulgarian. His wedding was televised. He's a hero. 

Silly comparison.

As I said, it's another stick to beat Lambert with, when (as I've said over and over again) there's more than enough to use. I guess people are just getting bored with repeating themselves.

I've never heard you say a bad word about Lambert.  What are all these other sticks you think you've come out with?  And it matters not a jot whether Petrov is a national hero or not.  We spent £2m on a player who doesn't even look good enough for League 2, supposedly on his say so.  The manager decided that was a player worth buying, and clearly didn't do any research himself.  But really, whoever scouted him is almost irrelevant, the fact is it's another lower league dud signed by Lambert.

These lower league duds are doing well then considering we're still roughly mid-table in the Premier League

• Like 2

It isn't harsh to lose when you concede four goals. Ultimately, they took their opportunities, we squandered ours.

That's a bit of a simplistic view though. Yes it's often true but not always.

I agree with that last part, which if anything just goes to show that it was harsh. On another day the result could've been different. It's not like we didn't create any chances.

Were you also describing it as harsh when Albion missed a bunch of chances to make it 3-0 and we then scored twice from two opportunities to equalise?

I'm fairly certain that I don't have to check the post-match thread to find out the answer to that.

Edited by Isa

Were you also describing it as harsh when Albion missed a bunch of chances to make it 3-0 and we then scored twice from two opportunities to equalise?

I'm fairly certain that I don't have to check the post-match thread to find out.

I didn't say that but then again I didn't say it wasn't harsh on them either.

I'll say it now though - it was harsh on them to lose that. I would've said the same thing had you asked me straight after the game.

I think you deserve what you get when you miss guilt-edge chances personally. I classify losing to deflected efforts, freak own-goals or bad decisions as harsh but not losing because your striker has a bad performance.

I don't think you could say any of the goals against us were unlucky. It was just poor defending. So that bit of the score line wasn't harsh.*

It's true Benteke missed about 3 clear cut chances but there was no ill fortune about them - he was just crap today. So nothing harsh about our goals for.

So, yes, if you think that was a "harsh" score line, you are fantasising .

(* with the slight qualification that I didn't see the fourth goal as I was making a cup of tea)

It's not even about the goals being lucky or not, it's more a comment on the performance. It was one of those games where on another day we might've got something. Truth be told I don't actually think our performance was that much worse than against Liverpool away.

We're not fantasising, we just have a different viewpoint. Deal with it.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

It wasn't anywhere near our worst performance this season I'd agree but what was most disappointing was the fact that we didn't force United to play anywhere near their best at any point.

It's not even about the goals being lucky or not, it's more a comment on the performance. It was one of those games where on another day we might've got something. Truth be told I don't actually think our performance was that much worse than against Liverpool away. We're not fantasising, we just have a different viewpoint. Deal with it.

Your among the worst to belittle and sarcastically respond to others when you don't agree with their belief that a scoreline in our favour was unjustified but now the boots on the other foot any one with a different viewpoint should just "deal with it", hypocrisy at its finest.

It's not even about the goals being lucky or not, it's more a comment on the performance. It was one of those games where on another day we might've got something. Truth be told I don't actually think our performance was that much worse than against Liverpool away. We're not fantasising, we just have a different viewpoint. Deal with it.

Your among the worst to belittle and sarcastically respond to others when you don't agree with their belief that a scoreline in our favour was unjustified but now the boots on the other foot any one with a different viewpoint should just "deal with it", hypocrisy at its finest.

Care to give some examples?

Trying to remain positive but struggling after the last two defeats. Our continued rolling over to Man Utd is embarrassing, especially when we can grind out results against the other big teams.

I really don't know what the solution is. Persist with what we've got and accept this is pretty much going to be as good as it gets or get a new manager in? I'm just despondent with the whole club from top to bottom. 

• Like 1

People go on about Lambert has had no money to spend? I know players like Tonev cost £2.5mil as Celtic and someone else was willing to pay that in summer too. According to Howard Hodgson report Lambert has spent £40mil since taken over.

Compare that to say Mark Hughes who has hardly spent anything (this season) but brought in quality like Marko Arnautovic for £2.5m, Muniesa (Free from Barcelona) Erick Peters and swapped Jones for Odemwingie and got them play better passing football seen for a long time than under Pulis

He also inherited a squad with players on big wages that wasn't too happy when he first arrived (Crouch, N'Zonzi, Adam and Palacios) but has got them all playing well mixed in with his own buys, but first thing Lambert does is alienate the big earners into that Bomb Squad he created and apart from a few the team isn't really much better than he arrived.

Â