Paul Lambert

limpid

Interesting comments from steve Froggatt on wm tonight that Tom fox feels they have let Lambert down with the level of funding , he's going nowhere folks

Great to see Fox saying it how it is. It's obvious Lambert has been denied signing his first choice targets and probably has had to resort to signing his 3rd or 4th choice targets. If he was properly backed then I believe we would have a beast team. His hands have been tied throughout his time here and most of his big signings have been crippled with injuries. He is slowly getting a decent team together now, we just need to get Gabby out of the starting 11 and hopefully replace cleverly ASAP.

Commercially we have been run very badly according to what was said we have the lowest shirt sponsorship deal in the premier league , simply not acceptable

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/manchester-uniteds-chevrolet-deal-pushes-premier-league-shirt-values-to-191m-9635617.html

Not sure where he got that from. 8th biggest deal last season. Not too shabby and fair play to Faulkener.

Is the season over yet?

It would take some amazing performances to finish the season in order to claim it hasn't been a struggle.

Amazing performances? We just have to turn the corner and start scoring. We have been well in games and are hard to score against. We have been let down by our forwards and if any of Gabby, Benteke or Weimann had hit some decent form and banged in a few more goals we would be pushing top 10 easy. We aren't that far off being a solid all round team!
12 points from 18 games. That's not because we've been let down by our forwards at times.
Yes it is...

Clearly poor form from Benteke, Gabby and Weimann and injury to Kozak ( when is he back??) have been a key factor in thevlack of goals

• Like 1

No it's not....

This is fun.

The 2-0 loss against Liverpool was the first time we lost by more than 1 goal in 14 games(since Qpr away). We have had plenty of decent chances in a number of them games and if our strikers could of taken some of them we would of picked up points.

Interesting comments from steve Froggatt on wm tonight that Tom fox feels they have let Lambert down with the level of funding , he's going nowhere folks

Great to see Fox saying it how it is. It's obvious Lambert has been denied signing his first choice targets and probably has had to resort to signing his 3rd or 4th choice targets. If he was properly backed then I believe we would have a beast team. His hands have been tied throughout his time here and most of his big signings have been crippled with injuries. He is slowly getting a decent team together now, we just need to get Gabby out of the starting 11 and hopefully replace cleverly ASAP.
Commercially we have been run very badly according to what was said we have the lowest shirt sponsorship deal in the premier league , simply not acceptable

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/manchester-uniteds-chevrolet-deal-pushes-premier-league-shirt-values-to-191m-9635617.html

Not sure where he got that from. 8th biggest deal last season. Not too shabby and fair play to Faulkener.

Not a clue , but thats what was said

No it's not....

This is fun.  

The 2-0 loss against Liverpool was the first time we lost by more than 1 goal in 14 games(since Qpr away). We have had plenty of decent chances in a number of them games and if our strikers could of taken some of them we would of picked up points.

So we only look at chances our team miss?   Chances the other team miss don't matter? And how often in those games did we create good goal scoring opportunities?

Jesus H Christ.  Of course I support the club and those inferring I do not are not correct (polite way of putting it) But in a thread about the manager there are obviously people we do not support him and people who do,  in a response to a post about my opinion questionning that I will support him come what may I responded to that. It does not mean I do not support the club.

If you support the manager "come what may" then you can't support the club itself, as what you're effectively saying is that however badly the manager does, he retains your loyalty.

• Like 2

No it's not....

This is fun.

So we only look at chances our team miss? Chances the other team miss don't matter? And how often in those games did we create good goal scoring opportunities?
If you watched them then you would know that we created good chances. Do I have to go back through them and give you an exact number before you accept that we have been let down by our forwards or can you just not see that for yourself?

The lack of goals is the worst thing for me at the minute. It's becoming a massive monkey on the back of the whole team. If you score goals you have a shot at winning.. drawing blanks, you don't - it's as simple as that

The lack of goals is ****ing sickening. It's ultimately why we watch football. But it's a bit annoying when people (not you afaik) see someone defending the manager and assume that they therefore don't care or haven't noticed it. And some posters seem to think that Lambert hasn't noticed it either.

To be honest, I'm starting to think he hasnt

Is the season over yet?

It would take some amazing performances to finish the season in order to claim it hasn't been a struggle.

Amazing performances? We just have to turn the corner and start scoring. We have been well in games and are hard to score against. We have been let down by our forwards and if any of Gabby, Benteke or Weimann had hit some decent form and banged in a few more goals we would be pushing top 10 easy. We aren't that far off being a solid all round team!
12 points from 18 games. That's not because we've been let down by our forwards at times.
Yes it is...

Clearly poor form from Benteke, Gabby and Weimann and injury to Kozak ( when is he back??) have been a key factor in thevlack of goals

It has.  But then I don't think anyone could watch us and say it's down to just lack of form.

The complete lack of decent movement, the way our forwards just bunch together and the lack of creativity in midfield are also an issue.  Playing the same sort of midfield players together all the time contributes to this also.  We play with no proper width making it hard to stretch teams and the only crosses we put into the box are from defensive minded fullbacks from deep positions.

There are many reasons why we aren't scoring goals.  Very simple way of looking at it to say we're just unlucky because our strikers have let us down at times.

• Like 1

No it's not....

This is fun.

So we only look at chances our team miss?   Chances the other team miss don't matter? And how often in those games did we create good goal scoring opportunities?

We're not creating enough chances, granted, but how can you say that poor form from Benteke, Gabby and weimann is not a factor too? Benteke has been particularly poor over the last few games imo

No it's not....

This is fun.

So we only look at chances our team miss? Chances the other team miss don't matter? And how often in those games did we create good goal scoring opportunities?
If you watched them then you would know that we created good chances. Do I have to go back through them and give you an exact number before you accept that we have been let down by our forwards or can you just not see that for yourself?

If you think that we have been a team that have created good goal scoring chances over the last 18 games then you watched different games to me.

No it's not....

This is fun.

We should have lost 5 - 0 to Leicester B team the scoreline flattered us

• Like 1

Really? Alpari who sponsored West Ham went bust and was reported that the deal was only worth 1million Surely we had one that was more than that?

No it's not....

This is fun.

We're not creating enough chances, granted, but how can you say that poor form from Benteke, Gabby and weimann is not a factor too? Benteke has been particularly poor over the last few games imo

It is a factor.  I should have said 12 points from 18 games is not just down to our forwards letting us down at times.

Is the season over yet?

Yes it is...

It has.  But then I don't think anyone could watch us and say it's down to just lack of form.

The complete lack of decent movement, the way our forwards just bunch together and the lack of creativity in midfield are also an issue.  Playing the same sort of midfield players together all the time contributes to this also.  We play with no proper width making it hard to stretch teams and the only crosses we put into the box are from defensive minded fullbacks from deep positions.

There are many reasons why we aren't scoring goals.  Very simple way of looking at it to say we're just unlucky because our strikers have let us down at times.

you constsntly post like this!!!! poor form of forwards is one of a number of factors, thats all

No it's not....

This is fun.

If you think that we have been a team that have created good goal scoring chances over the last 18 games then you watched different games to me.
So what you're saying is we haven't created any good goal scoring opportunities in the last 18 games.? Haha good one

Â