Paul Lambert

limpid

No it's not....

This is fun.

The 2-0 loss against Liverpool was the first time we lost by more than 1 goal in 14 games(since Qpr away). We have had plenty of decent chances in a number of them games and if our strikers could of taken some of them we would of picked up points.

We should have lost 5 - 0 to Leicester B team the scoreline flattered us

Agreed but apart from that we have been well in games.

Is the season over yet?

It would take some amazing performances to finish the season in order to claim it hasn't been a struggle.

Amazing performances? We just have to turn the corner and start scoring. We have been well in games and are hard to score against. We have been let down by our forwards and if any of Gabby, Benteke or Weimann had hit some decent form and banged in a few more goals we would be pushing top 10 easy. We aren't that far off being a solid all round team!
12 points from 18 games. That's not because we've been let down by our forwards at times.
Yes it is...

Clearly poor form from Benteke, Gabby and Weimann and injury to Kozak ( when is he back??) have been a key factor in thevlack of goals

It has.  But then I don't think anyone could watch us and say it's down to just lack of form.

The complete lack of decent movement, the way our forwards just bunch together and the lack of creativity in midfield are also an issue.  Playing the same sort of midfield players together all the time contributes to this also.  We play with no proper width making it hard to stretch teams and the only crosses we put into the box are from defensive minded fullbacks from deep positions.

There are many reasons why we aren't scoring goals.  Very simple way of looking at it to say we're just unlucky because our strikers have let us down at times.

you constsntly post like this!!!! poor form of forwards is one of a number of factors, thats all

So we agree? Not sure why the anger.

Interesting comments from steve Froggatt on wm tonight that Tom fox feels they have let Lambert down with the level of funding , he's going nowhere folks

Great to see Fox saying it how it is. It's obvious Lambert has been denied signing his first choice targets and probably has had to resort to signing his 3rd or 4th choice targets. If he was properly backed then I believe we would have a beast team. His hands have been tied throughout his time here and most of his big signings have been crippled with injuries. He is slowly getting a decent team together now, we just need to get Gabby out of the starting 11 and hopefully replace cleverly ASAP.

2 sackable reasons right there

No it's not....

This is fun.

The 2-0 loss against Liverpool was the first time we lost by more than 1 goal in 14 games(since Qpr away). We have had plenty of decent chances in a number of them games and if our strikers could of taken some of them we would of picked up points.
So we only look at chances our team miss? Chances the other team miss don't matter? And how often in those games did we create good goal scoring opportunities?
If you watched them then you would know that we created good chances. Do I have to go back through them and give you an exact number before you accept that we have been let down by our forwards or can you just not see that for yourself?
If you think that we have been a team that have created good goal scoring chances over the last 18 games then you watched different games to me.
So what you're saying is we haven't created any good goal scoring opportunities in the last 18 games.? Haha good one

We've created some but then do you expect our strikers to put away every chance?  We create a very limited number of chances in games, that's proven by stats so i'm not sure what's funny.

No it's not....

This is fun.

Should have and did are totally different. One is fact one isn't. We haven't lost by more than one goal since qpr is fact and has happened. Should have lost 5-0 is not fact just saying. Seems any positive there always has to be a negative slant to it. Just my opinion anyway

Attempts on goal, shots on target, goals saved. Its got to the stage where it its all bollocks and means f**** all. We need the ball in the back of the net, That will produce the much needed points in the league table.

My god I cannot wait for another guy to come and manage this team.

• Like 1

No it's not....

This is fun.

Should have and did are totally different. One is fact one isn't. We haven't lost by more than one goal since qpr is fact and has happened. Should have lost 5-0 is not fact just saying. Seems any positive there always has to be a negative slant to it. Just my opinion anyway

I agree, 'if' and 'did' are also 2 different things and the 'if' word keeps popping up in posts to try to provide a defence for Lambert e.g. 'if our strikers had put away their chances'.

If my auntie had b******s she would be my uncle.

No it's not....

This is fun.

So we only look at chances our team miss? Chances the other team miss don't matter? And how often in those games did we create good goal scoring opportunities?
If you watched them then you would know that we created good chances. Do I have to go back through them and give you an exact number before you accept that we have been let down by our forwards or can you just not see that for yourself?
If you think that we have been a team that have created good goal scoring chances over the last 18 games then you watched different games to me.
So what you're saying is we haven't created any good goal scoring opportunities in the last 18 games.? Haha good one

We've created some but then do you expect our strikers to put away every chance? We create a very limited number of chances in games, that's proven by stats so i'm not sure what's funny.
No I expect them to put a few of them away tho hence the reason I said we have been let down by our forwards and if they had of took a few of them chances then we would of picked up points due to their only being 1 goal in most games or none in a couple.

No it's not....

This is fun.

I've attended all of the home games and a fair few of the away during that run and hand on heart I can't honestly remember coming out of any of those games scratching my head at the results and thinking we'd missed a right few good chances. The problem hasn't been the fact that we have been missing chances the problem has been the failure to create clear cut chances. The forwards clearly aren't blameless in all this as their movement at times is non existent but when chances are coming along once in a blue moon it will take one hell of a striker to bang away every chance they get. In fact if a striker can bang in one in every 2 or 3 chances that come their way you'd have one hell of a player.

It is also perhaps being a little selective to focus and the if's,buts and might have beens solely for us. Leicester could have had 4 or 5 against us, Palace (away) could make an argument that they deserved something, Liverpool failed to convert a couple of very good chances etc. It works both ways.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

No it's not....

This is fun.

I agree, 'if' and 'did' are also 2 different things and the 'if' word keeps popping up in posts to try to provide a defence for Lambert e.g. 'if our strikers had put away their chances'.

.....and IF Lambert had some balls he'd drop Gaby, Cleverley and go for goals

No it's not....

This is fun.

We've created some but then do you expect our strikers to put away every chance? We create a very limited number of chances in games, that's proven by stats so i'm not sure what's funny.
No I expect them to put a few of them away tho hence the reason I said we have been let down by our forwards and if they had of took a few of them chances then we would of picked up points due to their only being 1 goal in most games or none in a couple.

If If If.  We may have took our chances and other teams may have taken their chances.

Over a few games you could say the forwards let us down, over 18 when you've picked up 12 points and over 22 when you've scored just 11 then I think you have to recognise the issue is far bigger than our strikers letting us down.

• Like 1

the club needs to get it's act together and quick.whether you are pro/anti lambert the club is heading one way.nobody in the clubs top management(maybe fox an exception due to to little time here) is without some fault.if they haven't backed lambo properly(according to fox) then now is the time to do it,.something needs to happen to breath some life into us,were stagnating/dying.our attacking play is woeful,i've seen more shots on target on xhamster tributes to carol vorderman.

• Like 2

The forwards clearly aren't blameless in all this as their movement at times is non existent but when chances are coming along once in a blue moon it will take one hell of a striker to bang away every chance they get

Aguero, probably the best finisher in the league, playing in a side that creates plenty of excellent chances puts away 24% of them.

Of course benteke, weimman and gabby aren't going to finish the limited number of really good chances we've managed to create this season.

• Like 4

oh dear! top marks for not only using the most hackneyed expression on the internet but also for the way you have inelegantly crowbarred it into place. Brilliant

According to Lambert in his interviews, he aways says he couldn't have asked for anymore out of the players. So they must all be playing to the best of there ablity????

So you may ask, whos fault is it?? One fact is Lambert has not much faith in our squad

Â