Paul Lambert

limpid

Richard you throw out that dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't line all the time.  Because you refuse to acknowledge the poor job he's done you can't see why these situations arise.

Two things.

1. All the time?  You sure or just the times when it happens,  which is quite often admittedly as people take against him and like to criticise him a lot over stuff that they interpret as well

2. I support the manager ,  I am going to defend him.  If the criticism is ridiculous then my defence will be robust, maybe even to compensate the ridiculous (IMO) criticism .  Plus if you read my posts not just think you know what they are saying,  you will see I have admitted he has made some mistakes and could have done things better.  I have criticised his selections at times especially not picking Grealish .  Its just that despite that I still support him it can happen that way you know.

• Like 2

The lack of goals is the worst thing for me at the minute. It's becoming a massive monkey on the back of the whole team. If you score goals you have a shot at winning.. drawing blanks, you don't - it's as simple as that

• Like 1

Richard you throw out that dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't line all the time.  Because you refuse to acknowledge the poor job he's done you can't see why these situations arise.

Two things.

1. All the time?  You sure or just the times when it happens,  which is quite often admittedly as people take against him and like to criticise him a lot over stuff that they interpret as well

2. I support the manager ,  I am going to defend him.  If the criticism is ridiculous then my defence will be robust, maybe even to compensate the ridiculous (IMO) criticism .  Plus if you read my posts not just think you know what they are saying,  you will see I have admitted he has made some mistakes and could have done things better.  I have criticised his selections at times especially not picking Grealish .  Its just that despite that I still support him it can happen that way you know.

Im begining to wonder weather you support the manager more than the actual team????

• Like 1

Two things.

1.  It's the poor job he's done that at times has put him in a situation where he's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.  Like i said you can't acknowledge this as there's always a reason why it's not his fault for you.

2. I support the team, not what's best for Paul Lambert's career. 

• Like 1

Two things.

Im begining to wonder weather you support the manager more than the actual team????

Better fan comment?  Lets just say i'm not a fair weather fan

Briny that is not saying its a good thing that we are scoring few goals or that scoring more would be a bad thing. I'd love us to score 5 or 6 each game and dominate.

What it is saying is we aren't going to be doing that right now so i'd rather keep it tight and sneak a goal or so, we will need to scrape some wins right now.

I'd love the latter right now, only we are doing neither Richard and haven't been for quite a while. So at what point, for you, is enough enough and it's time to take a gamble for our safety's sake?

who knows and why is it important if / when I change my mind?  Everyone on here has a different opinion,  some are similar some not.  Why does mine have to change?

It bothers me not, simply enquiring to kick start a (hopefully) reasonable debate. 

• Like 1

The lack of goals is the worst thing for me at the minute. It's becoming a massive monkey on the back of the whole team. If you score goals you have a shot at winning.. drawing blanks, you don't - it's as simple as that

The lack of goals is ****ing sickening. It's ultimately why we watch football. But it's a bit annoying when people (not you afaik) see someone defending the manager and assume that they therefore don't care or haven't noticed it. And some posters seem to think that Lambert hasn't noticed it either.

• Like 1

Two things.

Better fan comment?  Lets just say i'm not a fair weather fan

Not at all chap. See DC's comment. This is what I mean, other people think it as well. Its just the way it comes across sometimes.

Two things.

1) You just used it twice in one post!

2) Good for you, I support the club, not the bloke managing it, especially as he's done such an awful job.

• Like 1

Briny that is not saying its a good thing that we are scoring few goals or that scoring more would be a bad thing. I'd love us to score 5 or 6 each game and dominate.

What it is saying is we aren't going to be doing that right now so i'd rather keep it tight and sneak a goal or so, we will need to scrape some wins right now.

I'd love the latter right now, only we are doing neither Richard and haven't been for quite a while. So at what point, for you, is enough enough and it's time to take a gamble for our safety's sake?

who knows and why is it important if / when I change my mind?  Everyone on here has a different opinion,  some are similar some not.  Why does mine have to change?

It bothers me not, simply enquiring to kick start a (hopefully) reasonable debate. 

A reasonable discussion on VT? Never.  ;)

Jesus H Christ.  Of course I support the club and those inferring I do not are not correct (polite way of putting it) But in a thread about the manager there are obviously people we do not support him and people who do,  in a response to a post about my opinion questionning that I will support him come what may I responded to that. It does not mean I do not support the club.

Edited by Richard

I support the team, not what's best for Paul Lambert's career. 

They are one and the same thing, because he is the manager of the team and isn't going to be sacked. Your not inconsiderable energy would be better spent supporting both.

Nah ya alright, we won't be bothered about him 'when' he is sacked, sounds some people will!

Dave,  it wasnt a dig mate and not at you certainly.  Just pissed off a little when you see some responses to what is not a popular opinion right now.  

• Like 1

I support the team, not what's best for Paul Lambert's career. 

They are one and the same thing, because he is the manager of the team and isn't going to be sacked. Your not inconsiderable energy would be better spent supporting both.

Oh he will eventually. 

• Like 1

Â