Paul Lambert

limpid

Jesus H Christ.  Of course I support the club and those inferring I do not are not correct (polite way of putting it) But in a thread about the manager there are obviously people we do not support him and people who do,  in a response to a post about my opinion questionning that I will support him come what may I responded to that. It does not mean I do not support the club.

Rich, purely because I can't be arsed to read through pages of posts to find the answer, why is it that you support Lambert so much?

Not having a go, just trying to understand your reasoning behind your support of him.

Interesting comments from steve Froggatt on wm tonight that Tom fox feels they have let Lambert down with the level of funding , he's going nowhere folks

How would Froggatt know?

If true, one can only assume funding will be forthcoming. If.

Because he had a direct conversation with him , according to Froggatt of course

Richard you said to me back in October that if by the end of the season we'd struggled there would be a change in your opinion,  Is that still true? Because I sense the worse we do you just lower what you expect to continue supporting Paul Lambert.  

Richard you said to me back in October that if by the end of the season we'd struggled there would be a change in your opinion,  Is that still true? Because I sense the worse we do you just lower what you expect to continue supporting Paul Lambert.  

I actually said lets see where we are at the end of the season

Interesting comments from steve Froggatt on wm tonight that Tom fox feels they have let Lambert down with the level of funding , he's going nowhere folks

Great to see Fox saying it how it is. It's obvious Lambert has been denied signing his first choice targets and probably has had to resort to signing his 3rd or 4th choice targets. If he was properly backed then I believe we would have a beast team. His hands have been tied throughout his time here and most of his big signings have been crippled with injuries. He is slowly getting a decent team together now, we just need to get Gabby out of the starting 11 and hopefully replace cleverly ASAP.
  • Like 4

Great to see Fox saying it how it is. It's obvious Lambert has been denied signing his first choice targets and probably has had to resort to signing his 3rd or 4th choice targets. If he was properly backed then I believe we would have a beast team. His hands have been tied throughout his time here and most of his big signings have been crippled with injuries. He is slowly getting a decent team together now, we just need to get Gabby out of the starting 11 and hopefully replace cleverly ASAP.

Commercially we have been run very badly according to what was said we have the lowest shirt sponsorship deal in the premier league , simply not acceptable

Is the season over yet?

It would take some amazing performances to finish the season in order to claim it hasn't been a struggle.

Amazing performances? We just have to turn the corner and start scoring. We have been well in games and are hard to score against. We have been let down by our forwards and if any of Gabby, Benteke or Weimann had hit some decent form and banged in a few more goals we would be pushing top 10 easy. We aren't that far off being a solid all round team!
  • Like 1

Commercially we have been run very badly according to what was said we have the lowest shirt sponsorship deal in the premier league , simply not acceptable
Well that's just pathetic as we must be in the top 8 teams for fanbase numbers and should be easily able to attract decent sponsorship money. I'm glad Fox is on board now as he seems to know what he is on about and we now have him and Lambert who are genuinely looking to improve the club.
  • Like 1

Well that's just pathetic as we must be in the top 8 teams for fanbase numbers and should be easily able to attract decent sponsorship money. I'm glad Fox is on board now as he seems to know what he is on about and we now have him and Lambert who are genuinely looking to improve the club.

The sponsorship probably reflects the fact that we are the most boring team in the Premier League that no one wants to watch.

• Like 1

The sponsorship probably reflects the fact that we are the most boring team in the Premier League that no one wants to watch.

It probably has more to do with Faulkner being shit at his job and Lerner not caring. Fan numbers should be one of the main factors in attracting sponsorship.

How would Froggatt know?

If true, one can only assume funding will be forthcoming. If.

Because he had a direct conversation with him , according to Froggatt of course

If Tom Fox is saying this you'd think it would be coming from Lerner as well. Can't see him going round basically telling people Lerner has let the manager down behind his back.  And if that is the view held by Lerner then you'd think, with the manager under increasing pressure from fans and media, that this would be a message they'd make public and then back it up in the transfer window.

I have my doubts.

Is the season over yet?

It would take some amazing performances to finish the season in order to claim it hasn't been a struggle.

Amazing performances? We just have to turn the corner and start scoring. We have been well in games and are hard to score against. We have been let down by our forwards and if any of Gabby, Benteke or Weimann had hit some decent form and banged in a few more goals we would be pushing top 10 easy. We aren't that far off being a solid all round team!

12 points from 18 games.  That's not because we've been let down by our forwards at times.

Is the season over yet?

12 points from 18 games. That's not because we've been let down by our forwards at times.
Yes it is...

Â