Paul Lambert

limpid

He started at 7/4 before last nights game and went to 5/4 after it, 12 hours later hes 1/3 and pearson has gone from 1/3 out to 3/1 in some places.

That is more than just fan money.

Pearson was 1/3 and he didn't go so why would Lambert being 1/3 mean something is up?   If he goes 1/10 I might take note but wouldn't read too much into it atm 

I have a measure of sympathy for the players. Imagine in whatever job you do that there was a problem of some kind. Your boss tells you that he has a new idea to fix it. You implement his plan, but it doesn't work. Now, imagine it's six weeks later and despite the bosses plan not still working he's still insisting you stick to it. Would you go about your job with the same amount of dedication, or would you feel like half-arsing it a bit because you knew it wasn't going to work again?

Now in a perfect world players would turn out every week and play their heart out, but in a perfect world every checkout assistant would be polite, every taxi driver would take you to where you were going quickly and by the shortest route, every politician would turn up parliament and I'd be fellated awake every morning by a blonde masseuse with a mouthful of honey. In the real world, professionals don't always act professionally. Footballers are pretty far removed from everyday workers, but nonetheless doing the same pointless task over and over again, knowing it's not going to get results, would be enough to get anyone down.

Edited by Villanun
  • Like 2

It's just punters not just from villa, but everwhere. Thinking his position is untenable at villa, I'll whack a tenner on it. you'd be surprised how that happening a good few times can shorten odds. We as villa fans know far to well what are board are like. I'd say it to anyone "Don't Waste Your money gambling on it" it's just not gonna happen

Edited by Uncle Albert

I have a measure of sympathy for the players.

As bad as lamberts been seriously how can you have any sympathy for these lot? they ahve performed terribly. They should not escape critisim for teh woeful and pathetic displays they have put in.

in fact to lamberts credit he has never blamed them and always diverted the blame against them which kind of contributes to the problem

• Like 4

As bad as lamberts been seriously how can you have any sympathy for these lot? they ahve performed terribly. They should not escape critisim for teh woeful and pathetic displays they have put in.

in fact to lamberts credit he has never blamed them and always diverted the blame against them which kind of contributes to the problem

Don't get me wrong, some of the performances have indeed been terrible. The players are highly paid for working in a hugely desirable position in a growth industry, so absolutely they should do their best all the time - except that they're also human beings who might not feel like giving their all for a manager they don't believe in. I know from experience that being stuck under a clueless boss is soul-destroying, and as much as I value professionalism I'd have to admit that yeah, there were times when I didn't give the job my all. Can anyone honestly say they'd do differently in the same circumstances?

But believe me, I'm not trying to totally excuse the players. The club is in a mess and the players are responsible - they're just not as responsible, for me, as other people.

I agree. Frankly after Hull I had little sympathy or respect for a number of players. Lambert has lost it and needs to go but Gabby especially has been a disgrace and he was the ****** Captain. Players such as Westwood and even Delph have rarely be able to change or dominate games. Since his injury Benteke has been a passenger who rarely looks like he is trying, no movement, no passion and nothing like the player he was.

Lamberts failing is that he was incapable of getting the best out of them and seems lost in terms of tactics but the players are far from blameless - they are paid fortunes and seem detached from all the shit that is flying round AVFC's future. Not one of them, apart from possibly Guzan is on a par with past legends.

I wouldn't characterise Lambert as "spineless", inept definitely, but "spineless" would be a fair description of a few of our players.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

The players, as ridiculously highly paid as they are, are only human. Losing almost weekly and failing to score in nearly every game will have a psychological affect on them and ultimately their performances in games. 

If I and my workmates did not believe that what the boss was telling us to do was right (and he had been wrong on so many occasions before) then we all might be inclined to just go through the motions.

Money, as much as people like to have more of it, only motivates in the early stages of a new job and then the true worth of the job kicks in and you either enjoy it and look forward to going in every day or you get to hate it and only go in because you need the money to pay the bills.

I think many Villa players have been at this latter stage for quite a while.

Good point. I found it interesting after the Arsenal game that he completely changed his approach. No longer was it "the lads were fantastic", "can't fault their effort". It became basically "enough of this", "we've been down here for long enough". I saw it as a positive because it removed the protection from players who probably saw no consequences to a bad performance and could continue doing so. It might have made them sit up and take note. We know now that it didn't. But I'm still glad he stopped with the very tiring praise of players who frankly were undeserving of it.

I have a measure of sympathy for the players. Imagine in whatever job you do that there was a problem of some kind. Your boss tells you that he has a new idea to fix it. You implement his plan, but it doesn't work. Now, imagine it's six weeks later and despite the bosses plan not still working he's still insisting you stick to it. Would you go about your job with the same amount of dedication, or would you feel like half-arsing it a bit because you knew it wasn't going to work again?

Now in a perfect world players would turn out every week and play their heart out, but in a perfect world every checkout assistant would be polite, every taxi driver would take you to where you were going quickly and by the shortest route, every politician would turn up parliament and I'd be fellated awake every morning by a blonde masseuse with a mouthful of honey. In the real world, professionals don't always act professionally. Footballers are pretty far removed from everyday workers, but nonetheless doing the same pointless task over and over again, knowing it's not going to get results, would be enough to get anyone down.

Agreed.....hence 'the bomb squad'

Why do people care so much about the personality of the Manager? it's not as if it's the WWE or something.

Could have something to do with us being humans. Him being a human and the majority pf us thinking he is a decent one outside pf football?????

Why do people care so much about the personality of the Manager? it's not as if it's the WWE or something.

Could have something to do with us being humans. Him being a human and the majority pf us thinking he is a decent one outside pf football?????

I was talking about Tim Sherwood and those against him because they didn't like him as a person.

He started at 7/4 before last nights game and went to 5/4 after it, 12 hours later hes 1/3 and pearson has gone from 1/3 out to 3/1 in some places.

That is more than just fan money.

No it isn't. Given the possibility of "insider trading" in the manager markets (*Cough* Redknapp *Cough*) bookies change the odds at the drop of a hat and won't take any big bets on those markets.

I don't care what Fox and Lerner say. If VP becomes a truly poisonous atmosphere (which after last night it may well do) or they start playing in front of 20,000 people or less (again, an imminent possibility) then there's no way they won't act on it. They'll cite fan pressure. Moan about us a bit. Say they listen to the fanbase and acted on our wishes. But he'll be gone. You can not stick behind a manager when the fans are unanimous against you.

• Like 1

He has to go now, there is no way back, i was thrilled when we got him as our manager because of what he had achieved¨with his former clubs but i have suffered enough.

He has broken so many bad records at our club that he should have resigned himself along time ago.

So plz just leave and let a new manager come in a try to sort it all out.

Â