Paul Lambert

limpid

i ahte what lameberts turned us into not hate him as a person

Yet you continually call him Lamebert?

Oh come on, it's hardly sending him hate mail is it? There's far worse than that said on football sites in general.

My point was though whether you like or dislike someone as a person, is it necessary to continually insult them? It doesn't strengthen your point and the reality is the argument against Lambert doesn't actually need any strengthening anyway, especially not like that.

You should know that you cannot tell or censor someone just because you don't like it that's not what VT is about. If I or anyone else wants to call him lambert or a donkey or a footballing god we can as there is no guidelines saying you can't

Anyway moving back to subject. One thing I will give him credit for is finding gil guys is class. If he could get the team to.perform like that more reguarly then we can quite easily could be mistake. His problem is he gets them playing consistently average to poor

Oh come on, it's hardly sending him hate mail is it? There's far worse than that said on football sites in general.

My point was though whether you like or dislike someone as a person, is it necessary to continually insult them? It doesn't strengthen your point and the reality is the argument against Lambert doesn't actually need any strengthening anyway, especially not like that.

You should know that you cannot tell or censor someone just because you don't like it that's not what VT is about. If I or anyone else wants to call him lambert or a donkey or a footballing god we can as there is no guidelines saying you can't

Anyway moving back to subject. One thing I will give him credit for is finding gil guys is class. If he could get the team to.perform like that more reguarly then we can quite easily could be mistake. His problem is he gets them playing consistently average to poor

He has your respect for taking a better job, more money and refusing to give up any compensation owed to him. Why would any of that deserve respect?

He has my respect for believing himself to be good enough to do the job and, whatever his motives, being able to keep going even after realising what a monumental task he has taken on.

He also has my respect for generally being pretty dignified about it, and never ever trying to deflect blame from himself, even at times when he'd have a fair case for doing so.

I don't get this at all. If he was a top manager and had loads of job offers then yes I would admire him for sticking around. But the truth is he is not wanted and has a owner that will never sack him. I think we're at the stage when a bigger man would put the fans and the club first and walk. He has had three bloody seasons to improve thing, how long does the man feel he needs!!

So you carry on respecting him as much as you like. It doesn't change the decline we are in.

• Like 2

Alright, I get the bloody point!  ;)

Makes you wonder why people get so angry and accuse people of trolling when they say they want Lambert in charge

He has your respect for taking a better job, more money and refusing to give up any compensation owed to him. Why would any of that deserve respect?

He has my respect for believing himself to be good enough to do the job and, whatever his motives, being able to keep going even after realising what a monumental task he has taken on.

He also has my respect for generally being pretty dignified about it, and never ever trying to deflect blame from himself, even at times when he'd have a fair case for doing so.

I don't get this at all. If he was a top manager and had loads of job offers then yes I would admire him for sticking around. But the truth is he is not wanted and has a owner that will never sack him. I think we're at the stage when a bigger man would put the fans and the club first and walk. He has had three bloody seasons to improve thing, how long does the man feel he needs!!

So you carry on respecting him as much as you like. It doesn't change the decline we are in.

I didn't say I admire him for sticking around, though. I said I admired him for being able to keep going.

I didn't say that my respecting him would change the decline we're in either, did I? I'll carry on respecting him as long as he deserves it, and you carry on doing what you're doing. Neither is going to change the decline we're in, but giving him a bit of support is slightly more likely to.

We constantly praise him for finding all these great players, Gil, Benteke, Sanchez, Vlaar e,t,c  He certainly has an eye for a player. An that he sticks with us, how loyal of him, must love our club, bet he would work here for much less than the 1 million he is getting paid.

The problem is, most of us fans are just interested in the results on the pitch. I have no personal friendship with Lambert, im not really interested if he is a nice guy, I just want to see results from my team. Unlike some if he got sacked tomorrow I wouldn;t care a stitch. To me he gets judged on results, results results results.............

So, how do we think he has done up till now? If some of you guys still think he should be here, we will need detailed justification to back up opinions please.

• Like 2

I didn't say I admire him for sticking around, though. I said I admired him for being able to keep going.

I didn't say that my respecting him would change the decline we're in either, did I? I'll carry on respecting him as long as he deserves it, and you carry on doing what you're doing. Neither is going to change the decline we're in, but giving him a bit of support is slightly more likely to.

What do you mean by being able to keep going?

By doing his job?

In fairness, hardly any of the managerial changes that happened down the bottom last season actually worked out. Fulham changed managers twice and still went down. Cardiff changed and went down. Norwich changed and went down. Funnily enough, all the managers that were at those clubs at the end of the season have also since left.

I'm not saying that Lambert should stay by the way, but I can see why Lerner is averse to getting rid of him in the middle of the season.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Lets hope whoever replaces Pearson doesn't have the same affect that Pardew has had at Palace. I personally don't think they have the payers to stay up and it will take an exceptional managerial appointment, which is highly unlikely, to get them safe.

• Like 1

Pearson sacked. Not many left down the bottom who haven't changed manager yet...

im sure we said the same in last 2 season, coincidentally only Wigan has gone down who hasnt changed their manager

Pearson sacked. Not many left down the bottom who haven't changed manager yet...

Off Topic, but hardest manager in the league. Fruit cake yesterday with Mcarther, I could see he had to go after that.

Loved his comment on the MOTD interview: "I can handle myself." After yesterday's little farrago, that clearly isn't the case!

(Now further off topic, sorry.)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Â