Paul Lambert

limpid

Why are people getting so angry that a couple of people are still defending Lambert?

What difference does it make?

Wouldn't it be great if we had an official VT opinion about him? Everyone agrees, it can't be wrong then.

• Like 1

Why are people getting so angry that a couple of people are still defending Lambert?

What difference does it make?

Well I guess that if they see him as the main incumbent or our ills and someone else don't, it can be frustrating when the defenders purport to have the same interest....thats not saying who is right and who is wrong.

Right now, I would say the smart money would go on the detractors being right, with the run of results, performances and record breaking stats that you would only wish on your worst enemy.

assuming that we are all Villa Fans and I have no reason to challenge that it would be questionable to not be angry with a man who is responsible for your team.

I think everyone who, like me has had enough of lambert should not attend Saturdays game, simple.

Yes I know people have paid already etc etc but how else can you make it known to Lerner that we want the prick out now.

Good idea but it won't work because it needs to be a combined effort with all fans groups/forums etc. and we saw only recently that not many people give a toss about protests they just want to go to VP and then moan about it afterwards.

But surely word could spread easily enough, I'm sure there are people here who frequent the other boards (as you can see from my username I have difficulty in doing so due to past misdemeanours) and could gain traction there too, Facebook, Twitter etc, it's easily done.

ST holders who are also pissed off need to do it though too, that's a true sign of major trouble in the terraces

If what is happening to us under Lambert was happening to SHA I think everyone on here would be hoping that their manager stayed in post to finish them off.

That is just one reason why every Villa fan should want Lambert gone.

Here's a question for all those that are currently sticking by Lambert.

What would it take for you to change your opinions and want him gone from the Villa?

Save your breath. You won't get a logical answer backed up by hard evidence, facts and stats.

I have never been in favour of trying to persuade folk to not go to the game as it is their prerogative and every fan has their own reasons/motives.

but if it is change that the fans want....its the only effective way, to stay away.....its the only language they understand.

Edited by TRO

What would it take for you to change your opinions and want him gone from the Villa?

Its like the majority will always hate the convict, then there will always be one who visits him in prison and takes pity upon them :D

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

I have never been in favour of trying to persuade folk to not go to the game as it is their prerogative and every fan has their own reasons/motives.

but if it is change that the fans want....its the only effective way, to stay away.....its the only language they understand.

Look, I'm repulsed at having to even suggest it, it goes against everything I've held dear for the past 25 years of my life but enough is enough and yes, it's the only protest that will see us get what we want and what Aston Villa deserves.

I hate Lambert for making me even think this let alone suggest it, word removed

*admittedly I've had a bad day and week, may be going overboard on my thoughts tonight!

We've had at least 3 games this season that have been around 25 - 27k in attendance, that's 15k people staying away they aren't listening to that either...

Imagine 12,000 including 3000+ away fans against Chelsea

You telling me they won't take notice of that?

We've had at least 3 games this season that have been around 25 - 27k in attendance, that's 15k people staying away they aren't listening to that either...

They will take notice, has to be consistant though, Im staying away for sure!

I'm not sticking by nor going against Lambert. I'm not a Lambert supporter nor am I anti-Lambert.

But I still feel it's more dangerous to change the manager right now than it is to keep the current regime for a little while longer to see if it picks up.

This season has been awful, mainly I think due to an ill-advised complete change of style of play. Most people on here were asking for it, but it just shows the masses shouldn't be listened to.

If we get to a few games after Chelsea and we're in dire straits then it'll probably be best to part company, even if someone else coming in may or may do not any better.

Edited by darrenm
  • Like 3

There have been managers of Aston Villa Football Club who have been sacked under such absurd conditions i.e Tony Barton and in contrast we now have a Manager existing under such Absurd conditions.

They certainly do baffle us at times.

They want come and see some of their decisions from our perspective....it might enlighten them.

...but that is the only time the media would too.

I'm not sticking by nor going against Lambert. I'm not a Lambert supporter nor am I anti-Lambert.

But I still feel it's more dangerous to change the manager right now than it is to keep the current regime for a little while longer to see if it picks up.

This season has been awful, mainly I think due to an ill-advised complete change of style of play. Most people on here were asking for it, but it just shows the masses shouldn't be listened to.

If we get to a few games after Chelsea and we're in dire straits then it'll probably be best to part company, even if someone else coming in may or may do not any better.

Same here.

• Like 1

They will take notice, has to be consistant though, Im staying away for sure!

You can't expect people to stop going entirely, that's not what im suggesting but you just choose games in which to invoke the power of the masses, we'll be coming up to the time when Lerner's minions try and devise a strategy for selling next years season tickets, if we demonstrate the ill feeling now and the potential loss in revenue I only hope it an do the trick

...but that is the only time the media would too.

And?

He's done so much damage, it'll take a hell of an effort for a new manager to stop us sliding. Lambert has disgraced himself and this club enough.

What will be most entertaining is if he finally gets sacked before the season ends and is then excused of blame for us getting relegated.

To those that think that the manager shouldn't be sacked, and that it would be a risk to do so, what do you think may be the detrimental effect, in terms of what matters - results, if he were to be sacked?

Edited by markavfc40

There have been managers of Aston Villa Football Club who have been sacked under such absurd conditions i.e Tony Barton and in contrast we now have a Manager existing under such Absurd conditions.

They certainly do baffle us at times.

They want come and see some of their decisions from our perspective....it might enlighten them.

I remember Doug being very sack happy. The first sign of trouble the manager would be out.

We were quite successful since the start of the premier league, few cup finals, ever present in the top flight.

Yet at the start of the premier league we were similar in power and potential to Man Utd. The difference since then - they've had 1 manager until Moyes, we've had 9.

Â