Paul Lambert

limpid

I sense a Steve Keane (Blackburn) situation developing - I don't believe Randy will allow that - if only for his own vanity.

He will gone next couple of weeks. 

God I hope so, with new manager we would at least have some hope of getting tactics and squad selection right.

I'm almost starting to hope we actually get relegated so Lambert might get fired, and we'd get rid of him.

Hell be gone next couple of weeks (IMO not ITK)

If we lose against Hull it'll be hostile at VP against Leicester. If we lose against Leicester he can't survive surely. If he does there must be plans set out to pay him off end of the season. Fans will be fuming.

I still think we will be alright and therefore he won't be sacked, as Lerner will only get rid of him if we go down. There is enough promise in Gil and Sinclair to help provide enough in the attacking third IMO, and the passing game will work in the end. Lets hope for a performance against Chelsea to take into some easier fixtures.

I disagree - I think nothing new is being tried - and we just turn up week in week out - just hoping that things change - but there doesn't seem any plan or reason why it will change.

Aston Villa have become a big joke in the media and footballing world thanks to Lambert and his outstanding ability to break records

Circus

Our own fans are quick enough to take the piss out of clubs such as Newcastle under Ashley and QPR but it's our own club that is the true Circus

• Like 1

I sense a Steve Keane (Blackburn) situation developing - I don't believe Randy will allow that - if only for his own vanity.

He will gone next couple of weeks. 

I think you're right. It's finally hit critical mass. Another loss with Chelsea and Lerner will have all the cover he needs. Let's hope Lerner doesn't become a victim of his own generally genial nature. The conversation should start like this, in the spirit of cliche football kiss-offs: "First of all, Paul, I want to thank you for all ... blah blah blah."

Aston Villa have become a big joke in the media and footballing world thanks to Lambert and his outstanding ability to break records

Circus

Our own fans are quick enough to take the piss out of clubs such as Newcastle under Ashley and QPR but it's our own club that is the true Circus

Agreed.

I'm almost starting to hope we actually get relegated so Lambert might get fired, and we'd get rid of him.

Believe me, you really should not want that.

We might actually score a goal then though

If we get relegated we may never get up again

Word.

Tom Fox the ‪#‎AVFC‬ CEO reads all emails he says. Email him if you want tom.fox@avfc.co.uk and ask him what he knows that we don't regarding Lambert

Dear Mr Fox

I'm advised you read all your emails from fans so here goes...

Our football club (and in the reference to "our" I mean the fans who have poured hard earned money, time and belief into Aston Villa) is in a terrible state on the pitch, embarrassingly so to the point we are mocked in the media and by other fans on a frequent basis.

This is not an impassioned email on the back of a lacklustre, gutless loss to Arsenal, there was always going to be some inevitability in that. What this is is an email, a call out from a fan that used to hold a season ticket in the Holte End until the misguided board chose to employ Alex Mcleish in what can only be described as an utter travesty for this great club, a sign that no one in power knew what they were doing.

Compounding the current state of affairs is the absolutely pathetic statistic of scoring 11 league goals in 6 months, 9 less than West Brom who are the second worst scorers of the 92 teams. Setting a club record of no goals in 6 full league games is an unwanted milestone for a club that is in nothing but crisis.

Despite the rhetoric from the PR machine, yourself included, it's a shocking, shocking time for this football club and the under performing players and clueless manager are getting a free pass. It stems from the top. No ambition, no accountability and no sign of any change.

This is a club that has forgotten it's fans. It's a club that thinks the fans will always come which is a shame for those that do turn up and get no pleasure from it. Myself, I have watched a few away games during my sabatical on the hope I'll see something worth my money but alas leave disappointed every time. Only once I have returned to VP since I enforced my stay away. I wont return until Mr Lerner leaves our club to someone who cares and isn't in it to abuse the fans.

It's a shame. This journey with Randy that's now nearly 9 years old, started with great promise and we all appreciate the investment he made into the infrastructure. Despite that, the main requirement of any football club is investment in the playing staff and in that regard ultimately he's just like the rest of them, blinded by his own eccentricity. This is a relationship that needs end to save our club.

Grateful if you read this far. Also grateful if my comments share even the slightest of fan opinion worth listening to.

kindest regards

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 3

Lerner isn't sacking a man a few short months into a new contract, in a period of belt tightening, who buys into the financial restrictions and has been instrumental in sorting things financially and keeping things ticking over.

As said, he's not going anywhere.

• Like 1

Lerner isn't sacking a man a few short months into a new contract, in a period of belt tightening, who buys into the financial restrictions and has been instrumental in sorting things financially and keeping things ticking over.

Sad but true.

Correct. Think some fans are so desperate now that they are just believing he will be sacked to get through such a shocking period.

Obviously that wasn't good today. 2 other thoughts -

1) why the hell do we still not have an assistant manager? Simply bizarre.

2) for the first time, I have absolutely no idea what team Lambert will pick to play the next game V Chelsea, or even what tactics he will use. To be fair to him, it can't be easy to pick a team after that performance.

Apart from the obvious, something that really bothers me if that we never seem to have any creativity in our set pieces. We know we're going to face a lot of better footballing teams, so you'd think that corners and free kicks would be even more important in our quest to score goals.

We all joke that WDFAFC's but when was the last time we saw an inventive short-corner taken? Something straight from the training ground?

We don't seem to have any playbook for when we win a throw-in in the opposition's half. In fact, we're actually unlikely to be able to get the ball to one of our own players from a throw-in, let alone fashion a chance.

For a team that is painfully lacking in goals, you'd expect to see more fruits from the training ground labour. 

If we can't get in behind teams, then we need to see how we can get the ball effectively into Benteke from deeper positions. We don't see many shots. We certainly don't see quickly taken free kicks. No one seems switched on.

When we can't get goals through open play, we need to have a plan B. If that means taking more shots in the hope that a) they go in, or b ) we get a corner with a host of well rehearsed routines to follow, surely this can only help.

You are absolutely spot on about the set pieces.

I see Swiss 3rd division teams with nice freekick routines, short corners (that end up getting whipped into the box), effective throw ins etc. A friend of mine who plays for the local 1st team tells me all about the set-piece tactics they get from Spurs. If even amateur players can do it why can't we?

No dummies followed by a short sideways pass (WE ARE ******* MASTERS AT THEM ANYWAY) with eventual shot an goal. No movement from our players along the line when we get a throw in. It makes me sick.

Every Free kick is just taken directly or crossed in (mostly headed away by the 1st man anyway).

WE ARE SO PREDICTABLE!!!

• Like 2

You don't actually know what Mr Lerner is going to do next. None of us do. That's part of the problem.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.  Remember when Young would put the ball in, you'd be surprised if Carew or Laursen weren't in the end of it. 

I'd have more confidence if we saw some evidence of things that had been worked on in training.

Lets hope for a performance against Chelsea to take into some easier fixtures.

easier fixtures you say?

Like Burnley, palace, Sunderland, Leicester? haha! we have no "easy" fixtures

• Like 4

It's what, £25m loss for each of the first four years after relegation, then it climbs once the "parachute" payments dry up? You don't think Lerner has some advisor reminding him of the cost of releg? I can't believe he'd be THAT clueless.

You don't actually know what Mr Lerner is going to do next. None of us do. That's part of the problem.

No we do know what hes going to do, nothing. Thats the problem.

• Like 1

Â