Paul Lambert

limpid

We aren't that far off being a good team, a couple of quality attackers and a new manager could transform us. We need to replace Gabby and Weimann asap, it's crazy the amount of times everything breaks down as soon as the ball goes near them and stops us getting anywhere in attack.  We have the defence sorted which is the base for any good team, get it right in attack and it could be like watching a different team. 

Corrected for you!

B7El_hUIgAAuHb9.jpg

Give that man another contract extension!

Lambert truly is the master of disaster. No matter who he signs in this window we will still be a pile of crap and going backwards. He cannot manage and that is it.

There surely can't be anyone still backing him?

Hang around on here long enough and you may find some.

Interestingly the couple of real fervent supporters are silent but are reading the thread as they have 'liked' posts. Its a shame they have not posted as I would be really interested to hear their take on Lambert given the disaster unfolding.

B7El_hUIgAAuHb9.jpg

Lambert truly is the master of disaster. No matter who he signs in this window we will still be a pile of crap and going backwards. He cannot manage and that is it.

Every other club in the PL would have sacked this incompetent idiot by now but our equally incompetent owner fiddles whilst Rome burns.

• Like 1

We aren't that far off being a good team, a couple of quality attackers could transform us. We need to replace Gabby and Weimann asap, it's crazy the amount of times everything breaks down as soon as the ball goes near them and stops us getting anywhere in attack.  We have the defence sorted which is the base for any good team, get it right in attack and it could be like watching a different team. 

Our defence was awful yersterday. We only have Guzan to thank and Nugent for his Stevie Wonder impression for keeping the score down to one.

Yeah I agree but I'm not basing it on one game.  How would you rate our defence so far this season?

I'll concede it's better, but it's hard to gauge how much it's actually improved. 

We've spent half the season so far with 10 men behind the ball punting the ball upfield. The rest of the season has seen an about-turn to possession but with a rigid, narrow formation. 

I've seen a few warning signs recently and it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get an absolute battering in one of the next couple of games.

Having said that, Clarke and Baker seemed to have improved and i have Hutton down as our player of the season so far.

B7El_hUIgAAuHb9.jpg

Agree with most of what you say but there is only one master of disaster - Apollo Creed!

• Like 1

There surely can't be anyone still backing him?

Hang around on here long enough and you may find some.

Interestingly the couple of real fervent supporters are silent but are reading the thread as they have 'liked' posts. Its a shame they have not posted as I would be really interested to hear their take on Lambert given the disaster unfolding.

Maybe they are silent because after ridiculing and shooting down anyone that had anything negative to post about Lambert they are now all of a sudden realising that they were wrong.

• Like 3

He has been backed in the transfer market more than most of the teams in our league.

Now he just needs sacking.

I want him gone but this is baffling.

Not if you actually look at the net spend of the teams since old super Lambo arrived it isn't.

When you've done that things will become clearer.

B7El_hUIgAAuHb9.jpg

Agree with most of what you say but there is only one master of disaster - Apollo Creed!

He must try harder on our shot accuracy, can't have someone beating us at that.

Its getting insane with all the negative stats that he is still here. I mean why the hell are the media not on it. I thnk it'll get so bad over the next few games that even Richard may turn, then he is well and truely f******

There are plenty of people in the media that can't see what Lambert is doing wrong and how harsh us fans are for the "lambert out chants". I honestly can't believe he is still here after yesterday. I know Lerner is unlikely to sack him, but **** hell, look at the stats. Lerner has to realise his investment will be worth **** all if we go down.

• Like 1

I've backed him for the whole time he has been at the club, and I really wanted it to work out, but this season is showing me that he has not got what it takes to manage the club properly. Where's the vibrant, high tempo energetic game that he had the Norwich squad playing during his time there? No disrespect to the players he had at Norwich, but he has better players in this squad now!

He has claimed that this is the best squad he's had in his time at Villa, yet things are getting worse. I think it's time for a change, but sadly the "custodian" doesn't give a shit anymore and won't do the right thing.

We all know that Lambert has recently signed a new deal, and that seems a good enough reason to think that Lerner won't pull the trigger.

However, if we

1) lose our next 4 games (Liverpool, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Chelsea), does anyone think Lerner could drop the axe? It's not completely unrealistic to think those 4 games could be lost.

Surely Lerner (or Fox) would have put some

2) clause in the contract to not have to pay off the full contract if we want rid?

1) hope not, but it might

2) Hope so, but might not

Edited by Grasshopper

We all know that Lambert has recently signed a new deal, and that seems a good enough reason to think that Lerner won't pull the trigger.

However, if we

a) lose our next 4 games (Liverpool, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Chelsea), does anyone think Lerner could drop the axe? It's not completely unrealistic to think those 4 games could be lost.

Surely Lerner (or Fox) would have put some

B) clause in the contract to not have to pay off the full contract if we want rid?

a) hope not, but it might

B) Hope so, but might not

There is a clause as we could have been sold at anytime. Its also been said he signed a 4 year contract as goodwill. Since he has kept us up the last 2 seasons I guess if we need a change Lerner wanted to compensate him, like a golden handshake I guess.

Â