Paul Lambert

limpid

It doesn't matter who he signs he has proved time and time again that he cannot get the best out of any player. He needs to go now and let someone else sign players.

No more false dawns or sticking plasters.

We need to get rid now.

• Like 4

I do wonder if the rash of red cards are down to the players frustrations at our new style of play?

What is the hold up with the assistants appointment it is surely obvious to Lerner and Fox we need help for the manager or even better someone else in Lambert's role.

We aren't that far off being a good team, a couple of quality attackers could transform us. We need to replace Gabby and Weimann asap, it's crazy the amount of times everything breaks down as soon as the ball goes near them and stops us getting anywhere in attack.  We have the defence sorted which is the base for any good team, get it right in attack and it could be like watching a different team. 

We aren't that far off being a good team, a couple of quality attackers could transform us. We need to replace Gabby and Weimann asap, it's crazy the amount of times everything breaks down as soon as the ball goes near them and stops us getting anywhere in attack. We have the defence sorted which is the base for any good team, get it right in attack and it could be like watching a different team.

When you look at us its hard to think a couple of players is the difference between us being absolutely shit and a good team.

• Like 1

There is some weight to Bunnski's arguments though.

At this point in the season with only a couple of weeks to make any signings it may be better the devil you know. 

If Lambert was sacked today it would be the Bournemouth game at the earliest before any new manager was in place, with little/no time to make any stamp on the squad roster.

If we sacked Lambert and replaced him with Sherwood, Howe or any other realistic name being thrown around, I seriously doubt any manager's ability to come in and suddenly transform this group of players. 

I know it is frustrating and soul-destroying to be a Villa fan right now, but I think we are going to have to persevere and trust in Lambert's past ability to come up with a big result or two when we've really needed one. 

I think he will get us over the line again, and then the whole club just needs a re-structure if possible in the summer. The owner, the management and coaches, the playing staff, everything.

I think you are wrong to be honest. Many managers have gone to clubs who were on the brink of relegation etc, and transformed them. New ideas, fresh approach, positive thinking, can sometimes do wonders for a team in a rut.

Palace under Pullis and Sunderland under Gus are 2 great examples of these not to mention the work Rowett has done at SHA

• Like 1

To be honest its quite stunning that Lambert survived his first season, the fact that he survived last season and now this current run (happens every season since he came, hmmmmmmm?) is just absolutely astonishing and ithat isnt a word used for effect, when you actually recollect Lamberts tenure it genuinely is astonishing that hes still employed and even got  anew contract.

Infact its mildly rage inducing.

• Like 1

To be honest its quite stunning that Lambert survived his first season, the fact that he survived last season and now this current run (happens every season since he came, hmmmmmmm?) is just absolutely astonishing and ithat isnt a word used for effect, when you actually recollect Lamberts tenure it genuinely is astonishing that hes still employed and even got  anew contract.

Infact its mildly rage inducing.

Join me in watching Atletico Madrid in a few minutes. It will cheer you up a bit.  ;)

We all know that Lambert has recently signed a new deal, and that seems a good enough reason to think that Lerner won't pull the trigger.

However, if we lose our next 4 games (Liverpool, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Chelsea), does anyone think Lerner could drop the axe? It's not completely unrealistic to think those 4 games could be lost.

Surely Lerner (or Fox) would have put some clause in the contract to not have to pay off the full contract if we want rid?

Just one thing on the line of thought that signings means he's staying... We recently appointed a director of acquisition

Really? When did that happen?

We all know that Lambert has recently signed a new deal, and that seems a good enough reason to think that Lerner won't pull the trigger.

However, if we lose our next 4 games (Liverpool, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Chelsea), does anyone think Lerner could drop the axe? It's not completely unrealistic to think those 4 games could be lost.

Surely Lerner (or Fox) would have put some clause in the contract to not have to pay off the full contract if we want rid?

I said it at the time. There had to be a clause in the deal. It would make no sense, with the club up for sale, for there not to be one in the deal.

B7GCJQ1CQAAxvbm.png

Based on the last 5 seasons we are not doing that badly, no idea how Houllier did that abd with the players he had but again he was changing the style and it did work eventually that with a £"4 million striker

It really has been a shocking 5 year period. Such a long time of shit football and results.

B7GCJQ1CQAAxvbm.png

Based on the last 5 seasons we are not doing that badly, no idea how Houllier did that abd with the players he had but again he was changing the style and it did work eventually that with a £"4 million striker

What your table shows is that in 3 seasons Lambert has failed to achieve more points above 18th than McLeish. Way to go.

He either needs to be backed or sacked and I fear it will be neither.

No he just needs to be sacked.

He has been backed in the transfer market more than most of the teams in our league.

Now he just needs sacking.

I want him gone but this is baffling.

Â