Paul Lambert

limpid

No disrespect Richard, but its blatantly obvious the only reason you have been waiting for his post, is for some back up for still supporting Lambert!

Not true actually.  I wanted to see where Patrick was with his opinion,  it could have been either way and to be honest it's not that supportive.  

Personally I dont fixate on who is or isnt supporting the manager as some appear to do.

I don't fixate chap as its never personal. But what I do think is after 2+ seasons of Lambert's ineptness, its now got delusional to think he can ever gonna turn or club into the success some people cry out for.

What have we done to deserve managers like O'Leary, McLeish and Lambert. 

At least we had one good season under O'Leary, even if he was a pig-nosed numpty.

Lambert is the worst of the lot though.  Easily the worst manager since McNeill, and he's vying with him for the worst ever.

I'd almost be impressed if Lambert can beat his own record for consecutive games without a goal.  That would take some doing, twice in the same season!

sold to this clown

randy-lerner-browns.jpg

What did he have to do with O'Leary?  Although I agree he is a clown of course.  More so for retaining the services of the current mumbling imbecile.

We're only the lowest scorers in the Premier League other leagues don't count since we don't play in them.

That's a bit like saying you have the smelliest dog in your house and other houses don't count as your dog doesn't live there (even though facts prove that you have the smelliest dog in the country and one of the smelliest dogs in Europe). 

Not really because being the smelliest dog in the country hasn't anything to do with skill. In my scenario we're only the lowest scorers in the Premier League because that's the only league we play in, if we were to play in any division lower than the Championship we'd probably be top scorers in that particular division.

It's like having a team in the eighth tier being top scorers in all the eight divisions, it'd be a fun stat for their fans but it wouldn't mean anything only in relation to the division that they're playing in.

But doesn't change the fact we need to start scoring goals, hopefully something we can improve upon.

• Like 1

We're only the lowest scorers in the Premier League other leagues don't count since we don't play in them.

That's a bit like saying you have the smelliest dog in your house and other houses don't count as your dog doesn't live there (even though facts prove that you have the smelliest dog in the country and one of the smelliest dogs in Europe). 

Not really because being the smelliest dog in the country hasn't anything to do with skill. In my scenario we're only the lowest scorers in the Premier League because that's the only league we play in, if we were to play in any division lower than the Championship we'd probably be top scorers in that particular division.

It's like having a team in the eighth tier being top scorers in all the eight divisions, it'd be a fun stat for their fans but it wouldn't mean anything only in relation to the division that they're playing in.

But doesn't change the fact we need to start scoring goals, hopefully something we can improve upon.

Does your dog smell?  :)

• Like 2

lambert will not be sacked.. even if we are relegated.

So why did McLeish get sacked then?

Overwhelming supporter pressure right from the off including protests from fans because he took the Blues down.

Hugely different scenario.

To be fair - most Villa fans wanted Lambert - the away fans sang his name when we lost to Norwich. So can't hold that against anyone (not even the fans) as no one knew it would turn out like this. I agree that McLeish was a strange one - O'leary was before Lerner and was chosen by a chairman who had just as much disdain for the fans as Lerner seems to have.

So maybe we deserved to get what we are now with Lambert as he was deemed (at the time by many) to be worthy.

If we go for a new manager we need to look out side British Managers - we tried Venglos but that was a gamble (and I don't believe I am saying this) and good on Ellis for trying - but Venglos was in some ways a revolutionary in that he was trying to implement foreign ideas re coaching etc. Who - I just don't know - I did think of the Turkish National Manager (I remember he took Turkey to the semi -finals in 2008 I think) Fateh Terim and they played some decent football. But that is me being biased!  

Overwhelming supporter pressure right from the off including protests from fans because he took the Blues down.

So some overwhelming supporter pressure now would be different (even if we got relegated)?

I think if the fans turn on Lambert in the same way as McLeish then Lerner will wait til the end of the season to sack him. Lerner doesn't strike me as the type of owner to change management mid-season. That would involve him giving a shit. 

So some overwhelming supporter pressure now would be different (even if we got relegated)?

Depends on the pressure.  If enough people actively march or something to make sure Lerner notices then he possibly would make a move.

With McLeish, there was a general feeling of anger even before he'd done anything with Villa in a managerial capacity.  I'd suggest the feeling amongst fans now is more apathy than anger.

Edit:  The point being that Lerner wouldn't be too concerned about apathy.

Edited by bobzy

Depends on the pressure.  If enough people actively march or something to make sure Lerner notices then he possibly would make a move.

With McLeish, there was a general feeling of anger even before he'd done anything with Villa in a managerial capacity.  I'd suggest the feeling amongst fans now is more apathy than anger.

I think quite a few people are angry with Lambert's performance and voiced their opinion at Leicester. Hopefully even more get angry this weekend and voice their opinion and Lerner will get a bit concerned.

• Like 1

I think quite a few people are angry with Lambert's performance and voiced their opinion at Leicester. Hopefully even more get angry this weekend and voice their opinion and Lerner will get a bit concerned.

Naturally, the longer we're crap (genuinely crap, before we've been very hit and miss but, at the moment, we're genuinely crap) the more there'll be a resentment from the fans.

I did say a little while back (possibly in this thread) that as soon as you lose the fans completely, that's when you're in a real bad position - both in terms of Lambert and the club.  That's now slowly starting to happen.

Unfortunately this is what it will take to see him gone. Or we could just all be good little sheep.

If Lambert really has lost the dressing room then he will have to be sacked. Whether he's any good as a manager becomes irrelevant at that point.

Personally I doubt that a manager change would be anything other than a short-term strategy to mitigate the lack of investment, but it might be only way to remove any staleness and give us a chance of staying up in a dogfight.

So on the one hand we've got poor performances, breathtaking inability to score actual goals, players being sent off in every game, poor attendance, and all-round misery.

On the other hand we're slowly but surely picking up some good players, we don't really have a right to expect to be way higher than 13th in the table given the lack of funds, we have a manager who at his previous clubs was either brilliant or freakishly lucky, and no obvious replacement candidate that everyone agrees on.

I don't know.

About where I am with all of this. Really confusing, I don't even know nor barely care about it anymore. 

• Like 1

Â