Paul Lambert

limpid

Just one thing on the line of thought that signings means he's staying... We recently appointed a director of acquisition

Really? When did that happen?

Recently. Fox mentioned it in an interview. Can't remember who it was, but we brought them back from Liverpool for the job

Just one thing on the line of thought that signings means he's staying... We recently appointed a director of acquisition

Really? When did that happen?
Recently. Fox mentioned it in an interview. Can't remember who it was, but we brought them back from Liverpool for the job

Positive news IMO. Means the same kind of players can be targeted when we get rid of Lambert.

The right move for long term progress.

• Like 1

Paddy Riley. Director of acquisition being a posh term for head scout.

I dunno, sounds a bit above head scout in my mind... But you could well be right

I dunno, sounds a bit above head scout in my mind... But you could well be right

Head Scout/Director of Football type role?

We aren't that far off being a good team, a couple of quality attackers could transform us. We need to replace Gabby and Weimann asap, it's crazy the amount of times everything breaks down as soon as the ball goes near them and stops us getting anywhere in attack.  We have the defence sorted which is the base for any good team, get it right in attack and it could be like watching a different team. 

Our defence was awful yersterday. We only have Guzan to thank and Nugent for his Stevie Wonder impression for keeping the score down to one.

Yeah I agree but I'm not basing it on one game.  How would you rate our defence so far this season?

Yeah just read the interview. Seems more than just a scout.

Makes me more confident we may get rid of the manager.

I still think he will be safe if we go down to Liverpool but the Bournemouth game, as funny as that is, could be the one that seals Lambert's fate if he is indeed to be sacked. 

Like mentioned above we could very easily lose all of the next four games and I think that would spell the end for Lambert. 

B7GCJQ1CQAAxvbm.pngBased on the last 5 seasons we are not doing that badly, no idea how Houllier did that abd with the players he had but again he was changing the style and it did work eventually that with a £"4 million striker

Points at home is so shit. We'd be far more respectable if we could win on our own turf

Something has just twigged, when did we adopt a "new style" and when did tom fox give that interview? The timings were pretty similar if I'm not mistaken.

So if the new style is something coming from the top as a way to market the club and not just Lambert's idea then if Lambert can't make it work tom fox may be forced to get someone that will.

I.e. this idea that Lambert will not be sacked no matter how bad we are would be wrong.

Edited by jjaacckk91

I don't see any way lambert survives the summer. Season tickets will decrease once again and tom fox will have his work cut out increasing our revenue streams.

Ideally he'd be sacked tomorrow but I don't see us having to suffer his football much longer.

Yeah no one is above the sack at the end of the day.

I don't think it will be just yet but defeat to both Liverpool and Bournemouth would leave him on the brink... with Arsenal and Chelsea next up. 

It's inevitable unless we have a major upturn in performances and results in those 4 games.

Something has just twigged, when did we adopt a "new style" and when did tom fox give that interview? The timings were pretty similar if I'm not mistaken.

So if the new style is something coming from the top as a way to market the club and not just Lambert's idea then if Lambert can't make it work tom fox may be forced to get someone that will.

I.e. this idea that Lambert will not be sacked no matter how bad we are would be wrong.

That's what I'm hoping, that there's now "the Aston Villa philosophy" and that'll be the goal whoever the manager is.

That's what I'm hoping, that there's now "the Aston Villa philosophy" and that'll be the goal whoever the manager is.

The only issue is if a new owner agrees this is the way forward.

The only issue is if a new owner agrees this is the way forward.

I'd imagine theyd be easy enough to convince

I think that would spell the end for Lambert. 

Finally

I just want to come back from my appointment tomorrow to find a text message from my son saying Lambert has been sacked. It would make my day.

Â