Paul Lambert

limpid

He had £43m for the first two years, and very few people were moaning about the money he had to spend then.  Even allowing for the restrictions, he just doesn't have the ability to coach the team properly.  How many chances did Albrighton (a player we let go for nothing) create against us on Saturday?

The same Albrighton that has made 2 starts for them all season? Lets not pretend like he is suddenly anything special.

The rest I agree with though to a certain extent but I don't particularly think £43 million to rebuild practically a whole squad is anything like enough.

• Like 2

I don't care how many he's started, the fact is he created more chances in one game than our entire midfield has in about 10 games.

To be fair that's spot on but I think in that case you take into account him being fired up to prove us wrong. 

I don't care how many he's started, the fact is he created more chances in one game than our entire midfield has in about 10 games.

I agree that letting VT's most maligned player, Marc Albrighton go was probably a mistake, but to defend the decision I'd like to present Exhibit B: MA's performance against us at VP.

So mistake or not, it wasn't a complete act of lunacy.

• Like 1

Apparently we are the lowest scorers in the top 8 divisions of english football. Quite an achievement.

If you broaden your horizons you will see that we are making a good attempt to be the lowest scorers in Europe.

• Like 1

We looked good against Swansea, Leicester (home) and Man Utd but have looked **** garbage against Palace, Blackpool and Leicester (away).  There's no rhyme or reason to it - some fluctuation, sure; form happens.  A complete transformation though?

Our problem has always been what happens when we're on the ball.  In the low-possession days of previous, I always maintained that the issue wasn't so much having little possession and playing on the counter, just that we didn't do much when we actually had the ball.  The same issue rings true now... but we've got a lot more of the ball.  You have to hope that signings like Gil will provide more confidence and cutting edge in attack.

I've said before that I'm very much on the fence with regards to Lambert being sacked.  I'd be happy for him to stay or happy for him to be replaced - overall, I think the net result would be pretty much the same.  We've been unlucky to some extent (our own downfall, of course) with sendings off and injuries this season and I accept that, it's definitely a reason behind some of our struggles - however, it doesn't excuse the past 3/4 games.  Games that we really needed more from - if not in result, then certainly in performance.  It simply hasn't happened.

I'm starting to become less convinced.  I'm starting to think there's someone that definitely would do better, even under our well-documented constraints.

I said a couple of months ago when we were on that horrible run of form having played the top 6 that it was unfair to judge Lambert at that point and I would give him until the Leicester game just gone to prove that we are a better side than last year. We then went on a decent run (draws vs West Ham, Saints, Burnley, wins vs Palace and Leicester) and I thought I had been vindicated. We were unlucky at West Brom given the early sending off, and put in an excellent showing against Man United. Unfortunately the last four games have been absolute dogshite and there's no evidence that Lambert's new style of play will work given the paucity of creative talent in the squad. It looks like we're trying to address that this month which would be something at least. 

Overall I am disappointed with how the Christmas period has gone but Lambert does enough, just about, to retain my support. I actually think we'll get a result at the weekend, heaven knows we need one. 

Yours is the post I have been looking out for the most as I know you said this.  I'm pleased to see where you are right now.

• Like 1

To be fair that's spot on but I think in that case you take into account him being fired up to prove us wrong. 

You'd hope that one or two of our players might be fired up as well, but sadly, no.

If Lambert's done enough to retain your support you obviously have no expectations of improvement over 3 years.

Which makes me think why support a manager who you expect so little of?

Why does it matter?

If Lambert's done enough to retain your support you obviously have no expectations of improvement over 3 years.

Why does it matter?

Er, it's a discussion board, people put across their views?  It's sort of how it works.

• Like 2

Patrickcousens. "I actually think we will get a result at the weekend!".

We may well get a result, but it'll change nothing. An I'm sorry but how many times do we have to keep using this quote after a poor run of games.

No disrespect Richard, but its blatantly obvious the only reason you have been waiting for his post, is for some back up for still supporting Lambert!

• Like 1

We're only the lowest scorers in the Premier League other leagues don't count since we don't play in them.

That's a bit like saying you have the smelliest dog in your house and other houses don't count as your dog doesn't live there (even though facts prove that you have the smelliest dog in the country and one of the smelliest dogs in Europe). 

• Like 1

Patrickcousens. "I actually think we will get a result at the weekend!".

We may well get a result, but it'll change nothing. An I'm sorry but how many times do we have to keep using this quote after a poor run of games.

No disrespect Richard, but its blatantly obvious the only reason you have been waiting for his post, is for some back up for still supporting Lambert!

I think we will get a result at the weekend. A defeat is a result is it not?

• Like 2

Why does it matter?

Er, it's a discussion board, people put across their views?  It's sort of how it works.

That's not what's happening there and you know it.

Paul Lambert Jun 2012

“It’s a really, really big club and it’s up to me to try and make it a really good season,”

Paul Lambert, April 14th 2014:

"I don't want another season like this or last year, this club cannot have another one," he said. "I understand what could happen, I'm not naive.
"I never came here for it to be like this. Off the pitch, the finances are a lot healthier, that's progress in itself. But things haven't progressed the way I've wanted, I didn't come here for it to be like this. It can't keep doing this.

Paul Lambert, Dec 27 2014:

"If we keep doing what we are doing and take the chances then we will win more games than not,"

"If the lads keep doing what they have been doing and creating chances they will go in, as long as they keeping getting into the areas to miss them I will always be happy with them."

Thee league games with no goal and one cup goal with one goal later....

Paul Lambert, January 2015

“The expectancy levels outweigh the realism,”

Sorry Paul, I don't think the expectancy to score more than 11 goals in 21 games outweighs any kind of realism. Off you pop.

Paul Lambert, the man that shoots himself in the foot every time he opens his gob and mumbles something incomprehensible.

Its McLeish all over again. When he is sacked he will be saying the team was never good enough.

Huge game this weekend Paul, just hope you have the minerals for it, though after losing your bottle at Leicester I very much doubt it!

Not true actually.  I wanted to see where Patrick was with his opinion,  it could have been either way and to be honest it's not that supportive.  

Personally I dont fixate on who is or isnt supporting the manager as some appear to do.

• Like 2

Â