Paul Lambert

limpid

I think lambert wil self destruct he dosnt know what his best team nor his best formation this in mind plus the dreadful run i can see lambert getting sacked well before january.

Can anyone honestly say if lambert gets money in jan he knows who he wants or needs. For me lerner has to either back him with 40-50mil or sack him lambert has been putting the jigsaw together for the last few years only to realise hes missing piecces unabling him to complete the puzzle.

Lambert simply isnt big enough or good enough for the villa.

We as a side go 2 steps forward 5 back we are not really playing any better than ehen lambert joined and the style of football is the worse ive ever seen.

Edited by villan501

I agree that Lambert needs to go.

But can any of us really see Lerner paying up a four year contract a matter of weeks after signing it?

There's a clause in the contract, season + 1 apparently.

Has this been proven to be a fact? or my mates dads-mate on twitter said so?

He'd be mad to not put a clause in. Surely that would put a potential new owner off having to pay off a big contract for a first task.

I wouldn't be surprised if its not been implemented, Same as the players contracts, ref relegation % deductions?

Lerner is not actively looking to sell the club now.

As above?

I have shared the info with you. Believe it or not. It has come from more than a good source.

I think we've seen enough rumours and people claiming to have inside info regarding the takeover not to believe anything until it's official. Whether it be that we're about to be sold or Randy doesn't want to sell anymore.

I actually think if Randy was looking to stay he would have gone all out for Moyes before giving an extention to Lambert.

Edited by useless

Either your source if feeding you porkies George or you are lying,either way,i have very good reason to believe that we are very much still for sale thankfully.Unfortunately due to the diabolical nature of how Randy has run us over the years and thus the price he wants now also,we are not a very attractive proposition for a potential buyer.

If Lerner was looking to stay at the club, I doubt he would have spent the princely sum of relatively '**** all' in the summer transfer window.

The only way I will believe he is back 'in love' with Aston Villa, is if he replaces the inept manager and/or releases significant transfer funds in January.

It is possible that Lambert is still with us and on a 4 year contract simply because Lerner has no idea who he would get as a replacement.

Lerner is hardly the greatest businessman in the world but he couldnt be that stupid since he was out of contract in summer and wouldnt have to pay him off

He's looking mighty stupid right now.

• Like 1

I say sack him after our inevitable defeat at the weekend and get Pullis or Moyes in. He is a dead man walking. All we do by keeping him is make the job of the next manager that much harder.

Its sad really as he came in a high but his lack of tactical nous and the inability to manage at the highest level has been cruelly exposed.

• Like 2

Just a recap for those who may have forgotten.

1. Biggest defeat in premiership history (8-0 chelsea)

2. Worst start to a season since we've been in the premiership (his first season)

3. First manager since we've been in the premiership to have two seasons or more and hasn't achieved a top ten finish

4. Most home defeats in a single season ever

5. Most defeats over a season in our premiership history (20 last season)

6. Most goals let in over a season since we've been in the premiership (over 60 last season)

7. Five defeats in a row without scoring for the first time in our entire history

8. Six defeats in a row for the first time since we've been in the premiership and also beyond (47 years)

9. First manager to lose to a fourth tier side over two legs in a cup semi-final

10. First time we've gone out of cup competitions three years on the spin to lower league opposition?

11. 23 defeats in 36 games the worst run any manager has ever had at this club?

when you put it like that.......

my word. How is that even possible.

Either your source if feeding you porkies George or you are lying,either way,i have very good reason to believe that we are very much still for sale thankfully.Unfortunately due to the diabolical nature of how Randy has run us over the years and thus the price he wants now also,we are not a very attractive proposition for a potential buyer.

I am not lying. My source was as high as it gets without Lerner himself. I was told in front of another dozen people. Don't know if any of them post on here. The club is not for sale. However, if someone comes in with a ridiculously high bid, it will be considered. This is exactly how it would happen if a similar approach was made to any club.

Either your source if feeding you porkies George or you are lying,either way,i have very good reason to believe that we are very much still for sale thankfully.Unfortunately due to the diabolical nature of how Randy has run us over the years and thus the price he wants now also,we are not a very attractive proposition for a potential buyer.

I am not lying. My source was as high as it gets without Lerner himself. I was told in front of another dozen people. Don't know if any of them post on here. The club is not for sale. However, if someone comes in with a ridiculously high bid, it will be considered. This is exactly how it would happen if a similar approach was made to any club.
Excellent. So not only is Lerner not wanting to invest in the club he is also not planning on selling the club. Probably happy taking the 10m per season profit that we are now making finishing 16th every season. However, I think this season will be our last in this division for quite some time if things remain as they currently are.

Excellent. So not only is Lerner not wanting to invest in the club he is also not planning on selling the club. Probably happy taking the 10m per season profit that we are now making finishing 16th every season. However, I think this season will be our last in this division for quite some time if things remain as they currently are.

I am in total agreement with you on this. Any plans they have to increase revenue will probably come too late as all plugs will be pulled if we go down this season.

Â